If Barack leads by 100 delegates at convention time would you Dems be ok if (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:55:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  If Barack leads by 100 delegates at convention time would you Dems be ok if (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Barack leads by 100 delegates at convention time would you Dems be ok if  (Read 3257 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: March 06, 2008, 09:27:12 PM »

No. And another question: Why would the superdelegates do so?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 10:28:59 PM »

I think most superdelegates who want to remain out of the whole mess would just vote the way their state/district did if they're forced to take a side. Many who previously remained neutral have just done that so far (Chet Culver, Steve Kagen and Ron Kind, Minnesota DFL Chairman Brian Melendez.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 10:41:15 PM »

I think his campaign is insulting to all of those who have actually done hard work to make progress in this country.

Huh?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 10:47:07 PM »

The supers will be looking at the polls and who is viable, and what has happened in the news, and about the candidates, since the voting stopped.

They won't overlook the fact that Obama leads in pledged delegates. That would be hanging over their heads for the entirety.

And once Michigan revotes with Obama actually on the ballot he will lead including Florida and Michigan, so shut up J. J. before you copy and paste that again for the 268th time.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 12:20:25 AM »

I doubt superdelegates care about momentum either. Superdelegates aren't average people who only know about the race with whatever's on the headlines now. They're aware of the big picture.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 02:18:32 AM »

They are both basically standard Democrats by policy so I don't see why either one is so offensive.

Now that's just utter nonsense, Beet. Everyone knows that Obama is the Messiah and Savior of all mankind while Clinton is Lucifer in human form. Duh.

I'm perfectly fine with either of them as the nominee. I'd much prefer Obama, but I will have no qualms about voting for Clinton.

I'm going to say this, as brutal as I was to Hillary early on, that was mostly just me in election mode. I didn't hate her that much and would probably be able to easily suck it up and vote for her had she clinched the nomination early on.

However her behavior throughout the campaign has quite changed that. Policy isn't really what the difference is to me anymore.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 04:23:07 AM »

The superdelegates are already moving. Check out the graph a bit down on the left side:

http://demconwatch.blogspot.com/
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »

Yes, they'll matter once they revote and thus the current numbers become even more meaningless.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies