Another question for Democrats regarding Obama/Clinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:58:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Another question for Democrats regarding Obama/Clinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another question for Democrats regarding Obama/Clinton  (Read 2072 times)
agcatter
YaBB God

« on: March 08, 2008, 10:55:42 AM »

Suppose at convention time Obama is up 100 or so delegates, but Obama continues to be under the microscope,  he's not the rock star he was a month ago, and Clinton is running 5 or 6 pts better against McCain than Barack?  In fact, let's say she leads consistently by 3 or 4 and Barack is behind 2 or 3 in all the polls.  What do the party big wigs do as far as their support and more importantly, what happens with the super delegates?

I say they go solidly for Hillary and put her over the top.  No way Dems are going to risk blowing a golden opportunity at the White House.  The polls could very well go this way (they're trending in that direction over the last week - Rasmussen, Newsweek today)

I hope that doesn't happen, but boy, I can sure see this coming.  Hope not as a Republican, as I'm in the camp that says Obama is by far the easier to beat in November.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 12:09:36 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2008, 12:11:29 PM by agcatter »

To say that Obama "has some problems in Ohio and Pennsylvania" is an understatement.  Hide and watch.  As far as obama bringing in all these young voters to compensate for losing all those "bigots", I'll believe it when I see it.  It's talked about every election cycle and every election it doesn't ever happen.  Just ask President McGovern or President Kerry.  Remember 'vote or die"?

No one is going to worry about Obama's total lack of foreign policy experience because he has a stong "foreign policy team"?  Let's leave aside for the moment the fact that the average voter isn't gonna have a clue about either candidate's foreign policy team.  Zippo.  Even if they did, I can't think of anyone who would think no foreign policy experience at all is gonna be trumped somehow by who is on the candidate's campaign advisors on foreign policy are.

I want Obama to wrap up the nomination before Democrats come to their senses.  Please God, let it happen.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 09:00:29 PM »

Yes, by all means, nominate Obama.  I'm all for it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies