The Atlasian Progressive
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 05:53:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Progressive
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Atlasian Progressive  (Read 2973 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2008, 07:40:38 PM »
« edited: March 10, 2008, 08:26:09 PM by Lt. Governor Warner for Senate '08 »

Hello, everyone!  This paper is intended to be the voice for the members of the Progressive community here in Atlasia, and all are welcome to post here.  I would ask, however, that you try and refrain from any personal attacks.  Enjoy!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 07:41:23 PM »

I can't enjoy without any posts. Wink
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 07:53:43 PM »

The SoFA Crisis
By: Warner for Senate '08

In his Inaugural Address, President Keystone Phil promised that he would work to unite Atlasia, and end the bitter partisanship.  However, he has created a bitter air of division by steadfastly refusing to consider withdrawing Mr. Moderate’s nomination for SoFA, and allowing Lewis to continue, despite a recent poll showing that 89.6% of Atlasians wish to see him reappointed to the post, and that 75.8% feel that he did an excellent job as SoFA.

Although I do not personally oppose Mr. Moderate, there has been universal praise for Lewis, ranging all across the ideological spectrum.  If the President truly wishes to end the bitter partisanship of the past, then he will withdraw the nomination of Mr. Moderate, and will reappoint Lewis to the job in which he has been so highly praised.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -5.13

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 08:24:45 PM »

I hope you realize the implications of that comment.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 08:26:01 PM »

My mistake Tongue
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 10:16:51 PM »

The SoFA Crisis

In his Inaugural Address, President Keystone Phil promised that he would work to unite Atlasia, and end the bitter partisanship.  However, he has created a bitter air of division by steadfastly refusing to consider withdrawing Mr. Moderate’s nomination for SoFA, and allowing Lewis to continue, despite a recent poll showing that 89.6% of Atlasians wish to see him reappointed to the post, and that 75.8% feel that he did an excellent job as SoFA.

Although I do not personally oppose Mr. Moderate, there has been universal praise for Lewis, ranging all across the ideological spectrum.  If the President truly wishes to end the bitter partisanship of the past, then he will withdraw the nomination of Mr. Moderate, and will reappoint Lewis to the job in which he has been so highly praised.

I'm not sure if this is an issue of "partisanship"—after all, I was on a ticket that opposed the election of Keystone Phil just a few weeks ago.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 03:02:07 PM »

The Atlasian Progressive takes the following stands on the President's Cabinet Appointments:

Mr. Moderate (SoFA): Support
MasterJedi (SoEA): Support
MAS117 (AG): Support
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 03:17:36 PM »

The Atlasian "Progressive" takes the following stands on the President's Cabinet Appointments:

Fixed yon post.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 04:18:56 PM »

Another progressive thingee? We should keep count of the "progressive" thingees people like Ben create, most of which have little actual use.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 04:42:09 PM »

The Atlasian Progressive takes the following stands on the President's Cabinet Appointments:

Not that I'm going to complain about having your support, but doesn't the post immediately preceeding this one seem to indicate that I should not be supported for SoFA?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 07:38:52 PM »

Not that I'm going to complain about having your support, but doesn't the post immediately preceeding this one seem to indicate that I should not be supported for SoFA?

I urged Phil to withdraw your nomination and appoint Lewis because I feel that would be a less divisive choice.  However, since you are the nominee, I support your nomination.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 08:48:02 PM »

The Atlasian "Progressive" takes the following stands on the President's Cabinet Appointments:

Fixed yon post.

Why "Progressive" instead of Progressive?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 07:42:09 AM »

Fixed yon post.

PINO!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 05:15:28 PM »

Fixed yon post.

PINO!

How so?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 07:46:56 PM »

The Atlasian Progressive takes these positions on the following legislation:

Amendment to the National Energy Act Support

Sane Automobile Policy Act Support

Abolition of the Penny Act Oppose

Comprehensive Drug Reform Bill of 2007 Support

Alignment with Territory Policy Act Support

School Standards Reform Bill Oppose

F-22 Catch 22 Act Support

I shall be publishing commentary on each piece of legislation in the coming days.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 08:11:03 PM »

The Amendment to the National Energy Act: An analysis

Amendment to the National Energy Act
Section 1.  It shall be the official policy of the Atlasian government to favor the construction and permitting of renewable energy power plants over fossil fuel and nuclear plants, such as hydroelectric plants, geothermal plants, wind turbines and wind farms, and solar energy plants.

Section 2.  To display its ongoing commitment to energy independence and renewable energy sources, all federal buildings must obtain 100% of their energy from renewable sources by January 1, 2010.

This is a strong, solid piece of legislation.  It is imperative that we act quickly on the mounting energy crisis, and I believe that this legislation will allow us to get a head start, and hopefully prevent any major crisis from occurring ten or twenty years down the line.

However, I do not feel that this legislation goes far enough.  This bill seems to lack any real substance, although Section 2 does carry with it some weight.

Despite some problems, overall, this bill should be passed, and hopefully a stronger piece of legislation can be passed down the road.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -5.13

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 12:37:04 AM »

I support that bill.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 07:18:08 PM »

The President's new Attorney General nominee

In the President's nomination of Peter Bell to be Attorney General, I feel that he has made a mistake.  Although Mr. Bell would do a fine job in his new position, he has been noticeably inactive recently, which is something we cannot have in an Attorney General.

Furthermore, I cannot escape the feeling that this nomination is based on political payback for Mr. Bell's defense of the President in his voter fraud trial of several months ago, which I feel was wrongly overturned in a 2-1 decision by the Court.

The President would be better served, and more likely to have a speedy confirmation process, by appointing a currently active Atlasian with no previous associations with the President; my personal choice would be PPT Verily (NLC-NE), although he may decline such an offer.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 11:55:43 PM »

In the President's nomination of Peter Bell to be Attorney General, I feel that he has made a mistake.  Although Mr. Bell would do a fine job in his new position, he has been noticeably inactive recently, which is something we cannot have in an Attorney General.

Furthermore, I cannot escape the feeling that this nomination is based on political payback for Mr. Bell's defense of the President in his voter fraud trial of several months ago, which I feel was wrongly overturned in a 2-1 decision by the Court.

The President would be better served, and more likely to have a speedy confirmation process, by appointing a currently active Atlasian with no previous associations with the President; my personal choice would be PPT Verily (NLC-NE), although he may decline such an offer.

What a horrible op-ed. Peter Bell is the most qualified person I know that could hold this position. While he might not post as much as he used to be is always on the forum looking at what is going on.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 12:30:37 AM »

I happen to agree with MAS on this; I have confidence that Peter would be a more active citizen if he had something to do. It's been the case in the past. In any case, I am not a stronger candidate for the job compared to other possible choices, nor would I accept any such nomination.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 12:33:01 AM »

I happen to agree with MAS on this; I have confidence that Peter would be a more active citizen if he had something to do. It's been the case in the past.

I concur with the statements made by Senator Verily and former Governor MAS. Peter will do a fine job as Attorney-General. Excellent choice Mr. President.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 09:41:57 AM »

Pete's activity here tends to be closely related to whether or not he's actually doing something here. When he's been a private citizen he's always tended to be a bit inactive, when he's had a government job of some kind he's always been far more active than the norm.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 09:48:42 AM »

The President would be better served, and more likely to have a speedy confirmation process, by appointing a currently active Atlasian with no previous associations with the President;

And yet you were happy when Phil picked Mas. Mas, as anyone here could have told you, has been an on-off crony of Phil's for years. In contrast to this, all Pete did was provide legal representation and advice to a client.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 01:49:39 PM »

Whether the President feels my nomination is political payback I do not know, but I can assure you that I feel the President owes me nothing for my nomination.

My recent inactivity is discussed at length in my interview in the gutter tabloid, so I see no need to repeat it here.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 02:15:23 PM »

Not a good op-ed. Phil has selected THE most qualified person for the job.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies