Romney begins 2012 campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:20:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Romney begins 2012 campaign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney begins 2012 campaign  (Read 1962 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 13, 2008, 12:40:38 PM »

Well, not exactly, but this is as good as a declaration of candidacy:

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/03/romney_to_form_a_pac.php

You must be logged in to read this quote.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 07:06:25 PM »

I'd say that, as of now, he's the frontrunner for the 2012 nomination, with Huckabee in a close second.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 08:20:51 AM »

I think it wise to wait until we actually have a PRESIDENT elected in 2008.  I'm not going to make any serious predictions for 2012 until we have passed the first 100 days of the new administration, which would be around the first of May 2009.  I want to have some time to judge how the new president will react before I make judgement on his prospects for 2012.

I don't think he or she will be re-elected, but thats only based on President Bush and the mess he will leave that will have to be cleaned up.
jesmo

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 08:57:15 AM »

I think it wise to wait until we actually have a PRESIDENT elected in 2008.  I'm not going to make any serious predictions for 2012 until we have passed the first 100 days of the new administration, which would be around the first of May 2009.  I want to have some time to judge how the new president will react before I make judgement on his prospects for 2012.

I don't think he or she will be re-elected, but thats only based on President Bush and the mess he will leave that will have to be cleaned up.

I agree, and the fact that I doubt this country will have three two term presidents in a row.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 11:36:48 AM »

He'll fail worse in 2012 than he this year. Let's hope that McCain becomes President so it completely screws Romney over.

I'll be happy to see Romney get destroyed again by a real conservative and waste more of his money so bring it on!
The Hack Hater
AloneinOregon
Virgin Islands, British

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 04:02:28 PM »

Well, there's still the question of his likely success. For a while "Flip-flop" Romney looked like a weaker candidate than Huckabee despite raising more money. That may have been ignoring the realities, but it's unclear whether other potentials like Pawlenty will get behind Romney. You just never know with politicians what they will do.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies