Obama's "church"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:40:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama's "church"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: Obama's "church"  (Read 8207 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 13, 2008, 02:55:50 PM »

The more I hear about Obama's pastor and his associations with the pastor, the more upset I get.  Throughout this campaign I have moved from admiration of Obama because of his supposed bipartisanship and message of national unity, to disdain for the cult-like attitude of his supporters, and now to anger that the Democrat Party would nominate a man who clearly sympathizes with anti-American sentiments and evil and racist acts.

The Farrakkhan association, the "U.S. of KKK-A", the support of the 9/11 terrorist acts... all of this will come home to roost on Obama's doorstep.

To the Dems who think Obama is a better G.E. candidate... look at how the polls are turning around.  It's almost amusing how you have all been fooled - but yet terrifying that so many well-intentioned, smart, decent people have been walked willingly into the slaughterhouse.

I am a partisan, and would have supported the Republican nominee under any normal circumstances -- but I am now angry and will fight like hell to elect John McCain to protect our country from anti-semites and anti-caucasian bigots.

Maybe this country can come together and be united.... against Barack Obama.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 02:57:21 PM »

The more I hear about Obama's pastor and his associations with the pastor, the more upset I get.  Throughout this campaign I have moved from admiration of Obama because of his supposed bipartisanship and message of national unity, to disdain for the cult-like attitude of his supporters, and now to anger that the Democrat Party would nominate a man who clearly sympathizes with anti-American sentiments and evil and racist acts.

The Farrakkhan association, the "U.S. of KKK-A", the support of the 9/11 terrorist acts... all of this will come home to roost on Obama's doorstep.

To the Dems who think Obama is a better G.E. candidate... look at how the polls are turning around.  It's almost amusing how you have all been fooled - but yet terrifying that so many well-intentioned, smart, decent people have been walked willingly into the slaughterhouse.

Maybe this country can come together and be united.... against Barack Obama.

Now we know who sent out the Obama Anti-Christ smear e-mail Roll Eyes
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 02:57:43 PM »

You can tell a lot about a person by who they choose to associate with. His wife, his pastor. For someone who converted to a religion and chose his church and chose his wife, it reflects poorly on his character and his judgement.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 03:00:03 PM »

Hey, I voted for someone who is a member of the disgusting abomination that is the Roman Catholic Church although he barely agreed with any of their f**ked up views anyway, so I can do the same here with someone who also doesn't agree with their church's f**ked up views.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 03:01:33 PM »

I have, on multiple occassions, defended Obama's assertion that he is a Christian and believe that lying about his faith will cause a backlash in his favor.

The truth is so much more damming than the fictional e-mail accounts.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 03:02:12 PM »

I will also vote for Obama over the man endorsed by Hagee.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 03:02:36 PM »

Hey, I voted for someone who is a member of the disgusting abomination that is the Roman Catholic Church although he barely agreed with any of their f**ked up views anyway, so I can do the same here with someone who also doesn't agree with their church's f**ked up views.

There's a winning message for the Democratic Party in November.....
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 03:03:29 PM »

I have, on multiple occassions, defended Obama's assertion that he is a Christian and believe that lying about his faith will cause a backlash in his favor.

The truth is so much more damming than the fictional e-mail accounts.

Unless Obama said these kind of comments from his own mouth, I wont be offended. Im sure Obama is smart enough to distance himself from these kind of views...and honestly if he felt this way im sure he wouldnt be running for the most highest office in the country.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 03:03:37 PM »

I will also vote for Obama over the man endorsed by Hagee.

Hagee is a small-time bigot relative to Jeremiah Wright.  It's like comparing David Duke to Adolph Hitler.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 03:03:47 PM »

Jake raises a valid point though in that Obama chose his church while Kerry didn't, as far as I know.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 03:08:04 PM »

Jake raises a valid point though in that Obama chose his church while Kerry didn't, as far as I know.

My understanding is that Obama actually "searched" for a faith in his early years and chose this church because of Wright.

Ouch.

Wright is right about one thing:
"When his (Obama's) enemies find out that in 1984 I went to Tripoli" with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan to visit Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, "a lot of his Jewish support will dry up quicker than a snowball in hell."
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 03:10:56 PM »

This attack on Obama is disgusting. The republicans will do anything to win and will end America in the process.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 03:12:08 PM »

Hagee is a small-time bigot relative to Jeremiah Wright.  It's like comparing David Duke to Adolph Hitler.

By what standards? Hagee is on tv and has Republican candidates beating a path to his door, begging for his endorsement. No one would have heard of Wright if Obama hadn't belonged to his church.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 03:14:57 PM »

Hagee is a small-time bigot relative to Jeremiah Wright.  It's like comparing David Duke to Adolph Hitler.

By what standards? Hagee is on tv and has Republican candidates beating a path to his door, begging for his endorsement. No one would have heard of Wright if Obama hadn't belonged to his church.

Like I said, the GOP will spew as much filth as possible to stay in power, even as America becomes the next Titanic.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 03:15:58 PM »

This attack on Obama is disgusting. The republicans will do anything to win and will end America in the process.

Like I said, the GOP will spew as much filth as possible to stay in power, even as America becomes the next Titanic.

Come on...we all don't buy this garbage, and I'm not quite sure the GOP-Borg entity you seem to insinuate exists is responsible for this press.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 03:16:18 PM »

Honestly.....

You know what's really scary? That many Americans will likely fall for this crap. 13% already believe he is a Muslim. The only thing that would be good about a Clinton candidacy is that she would give the rethuglicans a taste of their own medicine. 
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 03:16:38 PM »

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

"If he were Caucasian, yeah you know he'd wear a sheet, Farrakhan, Louis Farrakhan can"
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 03:17:18 PM »

You didn't live up to your promise in that post.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 03:17:46 PM »

Uh, no... that's Hillary Clinton who would do that Smiley

I just don't want to have a President who gets his religious inspiration from someone who is unabashadely racist.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 03:18:31 PM »

True. It's like attacking Obama because one of my friends who supports him says that the best way Minneapolis can solve the Scientology problem is by sending the SWAT team into the local Church of Scientology and start spraying gunfire everywhere.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 03:19:39 PM »

Yeah, like you should judge.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 03:20:12 PM »

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

"If he were Caucasian, yeah you know he'd wear a sheet, Farrakhan, Louis Farrakhan can"

...and it continues

Come on...we all don't buy this garbage, and I'm not quite sure the GOP-Borg entity you seem to insinuate exists is responsible for this press.
Apparently so...

I just don't want to have a President who gets his religious inspiration from someone who is unabashadely racist.

ummmm... he rejected HIS endorsement... yet, you gather at hate. See? You don't care so long as you win... you rather America be a third world country than you be not in power..
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 03:20:21 PM »

Even though hes already denounced this guy's views and comments and is pushing for his resignation in his "African American Religious Leadership Committee". Roll Eyes
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 03:21:50 PM »

True. It's like attacking Obama because one of my friends who supports him says that the best way Minneapolis can solve the Scientology problem is by sending the SWAT team into the local Church of Scientology and start spraying gunfire everywhere.

Which is basically the Republicans solution to everything... .
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 03:23:21 PM »

Doesn't anyone get it?

Republicans don't care about the facts as long as they don't suit their interests. They'd much rather base their arguments on Internet smear campaigns and street rumors. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies