Wisconsin Primary (Event)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:23:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Wisconsin Primary (Event)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Wisconsin Primary (Event)  (Read 8469 times)
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 13, 2004, 04:32:32 PM »

This topic is linked to the calendar for the Wisconsin Primary event.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 04:38:09 PM »

Latest WI poll:

Kerry 45%
(Clark 13%)
Dean 12%
Edwards 9%
Kucinich 1%
Sharpton 1%
other 1%
undecided 17%
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 04:41:32 PM »

Latest WI poll:

Kerry: 53%
Edwards: 16%
Dean: 11%
Kuchinich: 2%
Sharpton: 2%
Undecided: 16%
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 05:05:55 PM »

Okay, so I was wrong.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 10:28:11 AM »

My prediction:

Kerry 65%
Edwards 25%
Dean 13%
Others 7%
sgpine
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 01:34:46 PM »

Latest poll from Zogs:

Kerry 47%
Dean 23%
Edwards 20%
Kucinich 2%
Sharpton 1%

Suprisingly strong for Dean, imo, but Kerry still has more than double second place.

Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 01:42:15 PM »

After his endorsement by the biggest paper in the state, the Milwaukee Journal, and his good performance in the debate last night I would say that Edwards will go up…the probable reason that Dean is ahead is that he’s bombarded the state with adds and poured all his resources into (his supporters are still giving him plenty of money remember)… I think that when the next polls come out it should show Edwards up into second place and that would be sufficient for the press to start talking of a two man race…I mean that’s what they would like to be able to do from what I can tell… don’t blame me I voted for Edwards on Feb 3rd … but a real horse race at this stage is unlikely however where Edwards to make the race in WI closer he could then stay in till supper Tuesday and that would keep it a race…however if Kerry wins by the massive margin that the polls are suggesting then the primaries will be essentially over…            
elcorazon

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2004, 01:42:16 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2004, 01:54:49 PM by elcorazon »

My prediction:

Kerry 44%
Edwards 31%
Dean 21%
Kucinich 3%
Sharpton 1%

Edited after hearing about the endorsement of Edwards by Milwaukee's largest paper.
zachman

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2004, 01:43:45 PM »

That prediction would give Edwards a boost, and he would become the anti-Kerry vote for Super Tuesday. The anti-Kerry vote will get over 30% everywhere (excluding Massachusetts).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2004, 01:50:31 PM »

That prediction would give Edwards a boost, and he would become the anti-Kerry vote for Super Tuesday. The anti-Kerry vote will get over 30% everywhere (excluding Massachusetts).

So what does that do for Edwards re the nomination?  
emergingDmajority1
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2004, 01:51:40 PM »

Kerry- 47
Dean- 23
Edwards- 20
Kucinich-2
Sharpton- 1
undecided- *

May not add up to 100%, due to rounding
*In today’s release, Leaners among the
Undecideds have been factored in

as usual, pumping up Dean's numbers. This was also before yesterdays debate where Edwards won and before Edwards got endorsed by the biggest paper in wisconsin.
John

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2004, 02:17:21 PM »

Here is my
Kerry: 60%
Edwards: 12%
Dean: 10%
Shapton: 3%
Dean & Ewdards Drop out
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2004, 05:26:26 PM »

Here’s my stab at the WI results with the Zogby numbers in brackets…

Kerry: 46 (47)

Edwards: 28 (20)

Dean: 23 (23)

Kucinich: 2 (2)

Sharpton: 1 (1)

I’m still hoping for a better second for Edwards and with the newspaper endorsement and the good performance last night perhaps we will be surprised… this contest needs to go on until “Super Tuesday”… I think Dean’s going to be either dropping out or “suspending” his campaign after WI… this should help Edwards…but Edwards can only continue if he fishes at least as an undisputed second… with Dean out and a relatively good performance Edwards should receive media coverage as the “anti Kerry” candidate and this could help him on Supper Tuesday…it’s a long shot… but a shot none the less…      
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2004, 05:32:08 PM »

Here’s my stab at the WI results with the Zogby numbers in brackets…

Kerry: 46 (47)

Edwards: 28 (20)

Dean: 23 (23)

Kucinich: 2 (2)

Sharpton: 1 (1)

I’m still hoping for a better second for Edwards and with the newspaper endorsement and the good performance last night perhaps we will be surprised… this contest needs to go on until “Super Tuesday”… I think Dean’s going to be either dropping out or “suspending” his campaign after WI… this should help Edwards…but Edwards can only continue if he fishes at least as an undisputed second… with Dean out and a relatively good performance Edwards should receive media coverage as the “anti Kerry” candidate and this could help him on Supper Tuesday…it’s a long shot… but a shot none the less…      

A really, really long shot, imo. Edwards lost in TN and VA, that put his chances of winning the nomination very close to ZERO. He would need something extraordinary to save him now.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2004, 05:40:05 PM »

Your right Gustaf... but hell! I need something to hold onto for the time being... see in my little universe the nomination isn’t settled yet and Edwards is still a real player for the nomination…

Sorry snapping back into reality now… ultimately Edwards should have beaten Clark in Oklahoma… had he done that Clark would have been out and I would say that Edwards would have come a good second in Michigan and done better in Maine and then probably won Tennessee and come a close second in Virginia then he could have strongly contested in Nevada and DC and by now we would have a tough race in Wisconsin with Kerry being forced to fend off a real Edwards challenge…rather than the rather desperate effort Edwards is being forced to launch at this stage…shame really but there you go…        
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2004, 05:47:19 PM »

Your right Gustaf... but hell! I need something to hold onto for the time being... see in my little universe the nomination isn’t settled yet and Edwards is still a real player for the nomination…

Sorry snapping back into reality now… ultimately Edwards should have beaten Clark in Oklahoma… had he done that Clark would have been out and I would say that Edwards would have come a good second in Michigan and done better in Maine and then probably won Tennessee and come a close second in Virginia then he could have strongly contested in Nevada and DC and by now we would have a tough race in Wisconsin with Kerry being forced to fend off a real Edwards challenge…rather than the rather desperate effort Edwards is being forced to launch at this stage…shame really but there you go…        

Yeah, I sympathize with you, I was hoping for Edwards as well... Sad

I think OK was vital, together with NH, often overlooked. If Edwards had squeezed past Clark there, it would have been a definite humiliation for Clark, and might have given OK to Edwards. And then Clark would've dropped out, he almost did anyway, and most of his voters would have gone to Edwards, making VA competitive and TN go for Edwards and keeping him in the race.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2004, 06:14:07 PM »

Glad to see a fellow Edwards supporter…just a pity you can’t vote over here…forgot about NH had some of the polls been right and had Edwards got the 15% or so that some where predicting and Clark had been some where marginally ahead of Lieberman well things would have been different… in the end its sad to say it but Clark and Edwards cancelled each other out…

Would have been interesting to see if Edwards would still have been able to make a race of it with Kerry had Clark won OK but still dropped out…still it’ll all be over one way or another pretty soon…
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2004, 06:19:41 PM »

Here is my
Kerry: 60%
Edwards: 12%
Dean: 10%
Shapton: 3%
Dean & Ewdards Drop out
That's actually under 100% Smiley
emergingDmajority1
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2004, 07:38:16 PM »

my guess is that it will be

Kerry- 46%
Edwards- 30%
Dean- 18%
Kucinich- 3
Sharpton- 2

maybe I'm being too generous with Edwards numbers, but I just have a feeling...

I can't believe the latest Zogby #'s that have Dean at 23% and ahead of Edwards.
zachman

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2004, 07:47:13 PM »

I think that will be accurate. The news today is going to send half the Dean supporters to Edwards and Dean will be diminished like Gephardt was in Iowa. Edwards will have a moral victory tomorrow.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2004, 12:29:49 PM »

Glad to see a fellow Edwards supporter…just a pity you can’t vote over here…forgot about NH had some of the polls been right and had Edwards got the 15% or so that some where predicting and Clark had been some where marginally ahead of Lieberman well things would have been different… in the end its sad to say it but Clark and Edwards cancelled each other out…

Would have been interesting to see if Edwards would still have been able to make a race of it with Kerry had Clark won OK but still dropped out…still it’ll all be over one way or another pretty soon…

Yeah, it would've been fun getting a vote, even though it would have been bad to be in MN, they don't vote until Super Tuesday. Sad

I agree that the race would have been more fun to watch under those circumstances, but on the other hand Kerry has more of a chance in the general now that the party can rally behind a candidate earlier.
John

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2004, 09:15:58 PM »

Well have you watch
Kerry & Edwards are in a close on
Dean might Drop I Hope he dose
becuse he has maid up his mind if he is going to drop out or stay in  
he is gone after Tonight
zachman

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2004, 09:16:20 PM »

I think that will be accurate. The news today is going to send half the Dean supporters to Edwards and Dean will be diminished like Gephardt was in Iowa. Edwards will have a moral victory tomorrow.

Ha!! I guessed it. Although my prediction in NH was way off, I predicted the Iowa order correctly and predicted the concept of a Gephardt slide.
NHPolitico

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2004, 10:02:32 PM »

You shouldn't give up on Edwards, yet.  He just has to figure out how to get his name out there. I'd challenge Kerry to more debates for starters.
California Dreamer

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2004, 10:06:54 PM »

it looks like after all the hoopla the Wisconsin results are gonna look a lot like Iowa:

Iowa results
Kerry   38%
Edwards   32%
Dean   18%

Wisconsin (35% reporting)
Kerry   39%
Edwards   37%
Dean   18%
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length