CNN National Poll: Majority of Democratic voters want Obama as the nominee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:10:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  CNN National Poll: Majority of Democratic voters want Obama as the nominee
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CNN National Poll: Majority of Democratic voters want Obama as the nominee  (Read 3331 times)
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 08:34:21 PM »

But regardless of what Democratic is nominated, they should be favored to win Pennsylvania.
Welcome to the forum.

I must disagree with this statement. Obama and Hillary are very different from Kerry and McCain can bring in more people than Bush did.
Thanks for the welcome. My question to you is - what demographic in PA do you think can McCain steal from the Democrats to win the state? Why? What is McCain offering that Obama won't?

Oh, my question would more along the lines of what did Kerry offer that Obama won't?
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 08:58:27 PM »

But regardless of what Democratic is nominated, they should be favored to win Pennsylvania.
Welcome to the forum.

I must disagree with this statement. Obama and Hillary are very different from Kerry and McCain can bring in more people than Bush did.
Thanks for the welcome. My question to you is - what demographic in PA do you think can McCain steal from the Democrats to win the state? Why? What is McCain offering that Obama won't?

Oh, my question would more along the lines of what did Kerry offer that Obama won't?

That's actually a better phrasing of the question - thank you. Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 09:25:54 PM »

Welcome to the forum.

Kerry had experience. Obama is going to be hammered hard on that. Obama has a disconnect with older voters. Kerry didn't. Obama will struggle with working class whites in some areas because, whether good or not, of his race. It's a terrible thing but I have witnessed it first hand. McCain is also perceived as a more independent minded candidate than the President was. That should also help McCain here (and nationally).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 01:04:49 AM »

Welcome to the forum.

Kerry had experience. Obama is going to be hammered hard on that. Obama has a disconnect with older voters. Kerry didn't. Obama will struggle with working class whites in some areas because, whether good or not, of his race. It's a terrible thing but I have witnessed it first hand. McCain is also perceived as a more independent minded candidate than the President was. That should also help McCain here (and nationally).

You seriously think John Kerry was a better candidate than Obama? Come on now.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 11:01:27 AM »

Welcome to the forum.

You seriously think John Kerry was a better candidate than Obama? Come on now.

In certain major states he wasn't as objectionable as Obama would be.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies