Department of External Affairs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:26:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of External Affairs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Department of External Affairs  (Read 11995 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 18, 2008, 10:10:28 PM »

The Department of External Affairs Welcomes You!

Now that I have finally been confirmed I can announce that tomorrow I will be making a stop in Monrovia, Liberia for a meeting with many African leaders that has recently been set up. And before heading home I shall also make a stop late in the day in Iraq before heading back to Atlasia.

Upon my return the Foreign Policy Review shall begin in earnest.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 10:47:43 PM »

Firstly I Congratulate you formally on the appointment and wish you the best of luck as Atlasia's new Secretary of External Affairs. I'm sure it's better than being Chief Judical Officer of the Mideast Tongue
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 10:51:10 PM »

Firstly I Congratulate you formally on the appointment and wish you the best of luck as Atlasia's new Secretary of External Affairs. I'm sure it's better than being Chief Judical Officer of the Mideast Tongue

Thanks, and yes. I've had the job of being Superior Court Judge since July and done nothing so I'm happy I can actually be active now. Tongue
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 03:14:25 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2008, 03:28:34 PM by MasterJedi »

*SoEA MasterJedi walks out onto a platform along with doezens of African leaders*

This meeting has been planned for a long time now from behind the scenes and with the approval of President Phil. We have asked the leaders of many countries to come here today and to hammer out a plan for an Atlasian-African Free Trade Agreement. And I can announce that we have all come to an agreement with all the countries that have been asked here today. The plan that has been agreed upon can be seen here:

Atlasian-African Free Trade Bill

1. No tariffs, customs, or restrictions on movement of goods, except those that have been outlawed by the destination or interim nation, shall exist between the Republic of Atlasia and Djibouti, Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Egypt, Namibia, Botswana, Mali, Gabon, Benin, Ghana, Senegal, Madagascar, Nigeria, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Seychelles, Zambia, Angola, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Lesotho, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal, Togo and Liberia.
2. The President and other officers of the Atlasian Government shall take such actions as may be necessary to implement the provisions of this bill.

With this agreement, if passed by all our governments, can really help the development of Africa. The thing that people don't realize is that without free trade Atlasia, as well as other countries, are misallocating our resources as well as decreasing the amount of trade both our countries can benefit from.

I know that many on the left will not like this agreement but what they should realize is that instead of proping up failing industries in Atlasia that is hurting our economy more than helping it and increasing the price of goods accross the board we should invest government money into retraining these workers that have lost their jobs as certain industries move out so they can still make a living in another prosperous industry in Atlasia. In the end this will benefit us and the world a lot better than the course we are on now.

To end this announcement I call for someone in the Atlasian Senate to introduce this bill and begin working on another that calls for what I layed out above so we can move on and increase the strength of the Atlasian economy.

Before I leave I will announce that I will be giving another speech in Iraq later in the evening before heading back to Atlasia and start working on the Foreign Policy Review.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 04:05:30 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2008, 04:25:29 PM by MasterJedi »

Official Press Release

The Department of External Affairs and the Government of Atlasia would like to congradulate the new Belgian Prime Minster Yves Leterme after finally getting the 9 month stalemate to end.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 04:24:08 PM »

Knowing Yves Leterme, he wouldn't approve of his name being misspelled. Or else he'll call you a "lazy francophone who can't learn Flemish". Tongue
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 04:26:04 PM »

Knowing Yves Leterme, he wouldn't approve of his name being misspelled. Or else he'll call you a "lazy francophone who can't learn Flemish". Tongue

That has been fixed, my E key must have stuck or something.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 08:34:30 PM »

*SoEA MasterJedi walks onto the stage with Iraqi PM Nouri al-Maliki*

Ever since way back in early 2005 when then Defense Secretary John D. Ford held the position Iraq has been a peaceful nation and a powerful ally with Atlasia. (Note for most of you newer people and probably older people who forgot: Ford and Niles Caulder, GM at the time, helped make Iraq peaceful and end the insurgency, or at least got it down to nothing, that's what I am talking about here, so it's not like in real life.) Because of this we always must make sure this alliance holds strong and because of this we must continue to help grow the Iraqi economy and supply them with arms so their military can be strong and provide a counterweight to Iran in the region.

As many of you can probably guess I have another free trade agreement to announce tonight, and it is the last one, at least for awhile. The agreement that we have agreed upon, with support for President Phil, is shown below:

Atlasia-Iraq Free Trade Bill
1. No tariffs, customs, or restrictions on movement of goods, except those that have been outlawed by the destination or interim nation, shall exist between the Republic of Atlasia and Iraq.
2. The President and other officers of the Atlasian Government shall take such actions as may be necessary to implement the provisions of this bill.

If we help the Iraqi economy grow we will continue to grow closer and significantly improve their population's standard of living. And so tonight I urge a Senator to introduce this bill as well as soon as possible.

I shall be leaving to return to Atlasia tonight and when I return to Nyman tomorrow I will begin work on the Foreign policy review. I will do it in parts in this order:

1. North and Central America and the Caribbean
2. South America
3. Europe
4. Africa
5. Middle East
6. Asia

Good night and may God bless Atlasia and Iraq.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 08:50:23 AM »

Foreign Policy Review Part I of VI: North and Central America and the Caribbean

*Note* As when my predecessor did it "Normal" means normal diplomatic relations. *Note*

Canada: Normal
Mexico: Normal but we have major concerns about the lack of control the Government has on the border region and their lack of regard for immigration control.
Belize: Normal
Costa Rica: Normal
El Salvador: Normal
Guatemala: Normal but we have concerns about the Government’s ability to always keep control of the rule of law.
Honduras: Normal though we are concerned about the security situation and are fully behind the Government’s efforts to get rid of the gangs that have been causing problems.
Nicaragua: Normal
Panama: Normal, we would like to begin looking at purchasing back the Panama Canal though.
Cuba: Full Restrictions though we realize Raul Castro is a very small step up.
Antigua and Barbuda: Normal
Bahamas: Normal
Barbados: Normal
Dominica: Normal and we support their claim to Bird Island.
Grenada: Normal
Dominican Republic: Normal
Haiti: Normal though we are concerned with the continued instability and will continue to support the United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti.
Jamaica: Normal
Saint Kitts and Nevis: Normal
Saint Lucia: Normal
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines: Normal
Trinidad and Tobago: Normal
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 09:40:48 AM »

Good job but lol at this:

Panama: Normal, we would like to begin looking at purchasing back the Panama Canal though.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 10:04:30 AM »

Mexico: Normal but we have major concerns about the lack of control the Government has on the border region and their lack of regard for immigration control.

Are you kidding? They have major immigration probems themselves. People coming in, that is.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 12:28:51 PM »

Didn't the Senate abolish the Cuban sanctions ages ago?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 01:50:03 PM »

Yeah, pretty much...F.L. 18-6 Cuban Relations Act
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 10:37:44 PM »

The sanctions on Cuba should remain abolished unless we want to continue contributing to a massive decrease in the quality of life for Cubans for no good reason...
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 11:14:14 PM »

Foreign Policy Review Part II of VI: South America

Argentina: Normal, though we continue to reject their claim on the Falkland Islands.
Bolivia: Normal, though we will continue to push for the reduction in Coca production.
Brazil: Normal
Chile: Normal
Colombia: Normal
Ecuador: Normal
Guyana: Normal
Paraguay: Normal
Peru: Normal
Suriname: Normal
Uruguay: Normal
Venezuela: Normal though we strongly condemn Hugo Chavez’s move towards a dictatorship and the continued reduction in political freedoms and other basic rights.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 11:26:16 PM »

Venezuela: Normal though we strongly condemn Hugo Chavez’s move towards a dictatorship and the continued reduction in political freedoms and other basic rights.

Examples?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 06:49:15 PM »

The sanctions on Cuba should remain abolished unless we want to continue contributing to a massive decrease in the quality of life for Cubans for no good reason...

If you really want to get the policy toward Cuba changed you need to talk to President Phil. Though I do right the Foreign Policy Review everything goes by President Phil to see if it meets what foreign policy he'd like to put forward so the only way it will change is if he wants it to change.

As for the quality of life of Cubans considering every country South of Atlasia is mostly poor Cuba is much better off than most of the countries that are surrounding Cuba. Restrictions on Cuba aren't hurting the people, it's mostly hurting the Government who has in turn been hurting the people for over 50 years. Also consider the health of Cubans, besides the US they are some of the most medicated in the world.

Examples?

Since you are young and don't know what you are talking about I shall give you examples. He's nationalized the oil and natural gas fields in his country. He has Rule by Decree for many things which is oh so democratic. His last batch of referendum's were thankfully defeated which would have been disasterous for any form of democracy.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 08:32:46 PM »

Foreign Policy Review Part III of VI

Belarus: Full Restrictions
Bulgaria: Normal
Czech Republic: Normal
Hungary: Normal
Moldova: Normal though we have concerns of media freedom.
Poland: Normal
Romania: Normal
Slovakia: Normal though we have concerns about the treatment of the Roma people.
Ukraine: Normal though we have concerns about the political climate in general.
Finland: Normal
Denmark: Normal
Estonia: Normal
Iceland: Normal
Ireland: Normal
Latvia: Normal though we have serious concerns about the treatment of the Russian minority.
Lithuania: Normal
Norway: Normal
Sweden: Normal
United Kingdom: Normal
Albania: Normal though we have concerns about corruption and democracy.
Andorra: Normal though we would like a complete transition to democracy.
Bosnia and Herzegovina: Normal
Croatia: Normal
Greece: Normal
Italy: Normal
Kosovo: Normal
Macedonia: Normal though we have concerns about political stability.
Malta: Normal
Montenegro: Normal
Portugal: Normal
San Marino: Normal
Serbia: Normal though full restrictions are ready to be implemented depending on what comes.
Slovenia: Normal
Spain: Normal
Vatican City: Normal
Austria: Normal
Belgium: Normal
France: Normal
Germany: Normal
Lichtenstein: Normal though we want a complete transition to a democracy.
Luxembourg: Normal
Monaco: Normal though we want a complete transition to a democracy.
Netherlands: Normal
Switzerland: Normal
Azerbaijan: Full Restrictions
Georgia: Normal
Armenia: Normal though we have concerns on many issues, situation to be kept monitored.
Cyprus: Normal with full support going to Greek Cyprus
Russia: Normal though we fully condemn the moves toward authoritarianism and basic freedoms, along with the treatment of the Chechen people.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 07:29:13 AM »

I am disappointed at the weaker stance the Government is now taking regarding authoritarian regimes and institutionally corrupt states and statelets.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 07:48:47 AM »

Serbia: Normal though full restrictions are ready to be implemented depending on what comes.

Does that full restrictions mean if the Radicals do well and/or enter government?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 07:57:00 AM »

First I need to ask why we are implementing full restrictions on Belarus and not nations like Russia who put down their Chechnyan citizens.  I am calling for full recognition of the nations of Chechnya and Basque in Europe as well.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 07:59:43 AM »

I am calling for full recognition of the nations of Chechnya and Basque in Europe as well.

If we recognize the Basque Country, we should also recognize Brittany and Corsica.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 08:12:43 AM »

I am calling for full recognition of the nations of Chechnya and Basque in Europe as well.

If we recognize the Basque Country, we should also recognize Brittany and Corsica.

Do they have good legitimate claims to independence?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 08:15:45 AM »

Do they have good legitimate claims to independence?

Is the ETA a legitimate claim to independence?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 09:10:22 AM »

Does that full restrictions mean if the Radicals do well and/or enter government?

Not necessarily. It mostly would be what happens in the treatment of minority groups and what the government chooses to do with Kosovo.

First I need to ask why we are implementing full restrictions on Belarus and not nations like Russia who put down their Chechnyan citizens.  I am calling for full recognition of the nations of Chechnya and Basque in Europe as well.

As you realize a power like Russia is always a sticky situation to deal with. If it continues on the path that it does now, and more importantly Putin still controlling the government behind the scenes I would be more than willing to implement full restrictions but we still need to see how these things work themselves out.

As for Chechnya I would eventually like to support the recognition of the nation but the violence displayed by both sides at the time makes it impossible to do so. What would be the best thing would to get the violence to be almost done and then bring all sides together to talk about independence. Though we also have to realize that Russia will almost never let this happen by it's own choice.

As for Basque I can't support independence at this time especially with some of the actions the independence groups take. Also we have to realize that this country would more than likely be a combination of two countries lands. Maybe in the future this could be an option.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies