MA: Survey USA: Clinton Leads MA by 13%; Obama & McCain Tied (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:54:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MA: Survey USA: Clinton Leads MA by 13%; Obama & McCain Tied (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Survey USA: Clinton Leads MA by 13%; Obama & McCain Tied  (Read 2510 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 21, 2008, 10:19:54 AM »

At this point, I seriously believe that the race for president here in Massachusetts will be a single-digit race.

Closer to 53–44, but still, a single-digit race.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 03:09:01 PM »

Just for fun, take a look at the internals of the poll, specifically the crazy huge gender gap here in Massachusetts.

OBAMA: Leads women by 15; trails men by 17.  (32 point gap)
CLINTON: Leads women by 32; trails men by 8.  (40 point gap)
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:55:02 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2008, 09:57:39 PM by Mr. Moderate, SoFA »

and the 100 years comment isn't the only thing Democrats have on McCain.  With the economy being a huge issue you can also expect him to get hammered on the Bush tax cuts and health care.  Plus they'll be plenty of ads tying McCain to Bush himself who, in case you didn't know, isn't exactly on the best of terms with MA voters.  I'm also fairly confident they're pretty big on abortion rights up there, another thing McCain opposes.  So tell me, what reason do MA voters have to pick McCain over not just Obama but any Democrat?

The problem is that Barack Obama is running a near identical campaign as Governor Deval Patrick, who honestly has not impressed very many in the Bay State.  Patrick's kind of inexperience is not something we desire replicating on a federal level with a President Obama.

I'd like to think that Massachusetts voters are smart enough to understand what a disaster immediate, poorly planned withdrawl in Iraq would be.  We didn't want the Iraq War, but that's almost irrelevant now—we're stuck with the war, and our next president better damn well have an idea what's required to deal with a conflict in an unstable region.  McCain impresses in that he was criticizing an unsuccessful Bush administration strategy when it was unpopular to do so; that he was supporting a surge when I thought it to be political suicide because he was convinced it was the right strategy—and turned out to be correct.

Experience, experience, experience.  Why else do you think Clinton is cruising in a General Election campaign while Barack Obama can't outpace McCain by more than a handful?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies