The Election Weekend Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:10:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Election Weekend Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: The Election Weekend Discussion Thread  (Read 8079 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2004, 01:30:32 PM »

Congratulations PBrunsel!
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2004, 02:21:18 PM »

I wish to thank everyone for their kind words. I will be making a statement from West Branch, Iowa, very soon.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2004, 02:29:16 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2004, 02:36:37 PM by Governor Wildcard »

Now that it's offcial congrats PB!
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2004, 02:35:05 PM »

Thank you Mr. Governor. I look forward to working with you and the other governor's throughout my term.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2004, 03:02:56 PM »

Did not see that coming.  The AFIP has lost its only governor seat.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2004, 03:35:57 PM »

Yay PBrunsel...not only has AFIP lost its governor seat...it loses DemRepDan's seat aswell...not bad for a "third party" or is it "fifth party" on this website? Tongue
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2004, 03:37:12 PM »

Yay PBrunsel...not only has AFIP lost its governor seat...it loses DemRepDan's seat aswell...not bad for a "third party" or is it "fifth party" on this website? Tongue
now that was a cheap shot....
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2004, 03:41:03 PM »

Thats not over yet...Texasgurl only leads by one vote.  The AFIP also will probably make up for losses by adding Handzus26 to the senate.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2004, 03:54:13 PM »

Your right...Akno took the lead finally...thats good news... Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2004, 08:23:09 PM »

Judging by the number of UAC members who did not vote along partisan lines - yours truly included - I think the critique of the UAC by Boss Tweed, States Rights and others as mindlessly partisan has been disproved... Wink
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2004, 08:32:04 PM »

Oh, really?  I dont know about Governor races, but the UAC only ran one candidate for Senate- Mr. Hobbes.  Of the 6 UAC members voting in that election, 3 of them voted for Hobbes- yourself included, I might add.  Smiley  The other 3 put Hobbes as second preference.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2004, 08:32:34 PM »

Judging by the number of UAC members who did not vote along partisan lines - yours truly included - I think the critique of the UAC by Boss Tweed, States Rights and others as mindlessly partisan has been disproved... Wink

And I thank you for your vote WMS.

I fianly made it to the Governor's Mansion, and I didn't make a single speech for it (how ironic Smiley ).
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2004, 08:33:45 PM »

I fianly made it to the Governor's Mansion, and I didn't make a single speech for it (how ironic Smiley ).

Perhaps you should continue to forgo speeches, seems to work for you.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2004, 08:35:03 PM »

Perhaps you should continue to forgo speeches, seems to work for you.

Perhaps your right. Smiley

Then again I like making speeches. I pride myself on gard work durring campaigns.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2004, 08:56:50 PM »

BREAKING NEWS - Governor Htmldon votes against himself, casts vote for Reaganfan
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2004, 08:59:07 PM »

A noble gesture indeed from Don.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2004, 09:01:41 PM »

I couldn't believe it when I saw it but then I thought to myself "wow that was nice of him." I hope Reaganfan greatly appreciates that move.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2004, 09:05:22 PM »

A very kind gesture from the Governor as well.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2004, 11:04:56 PM »

Oh, this is all so exciting!  I can't wait to see the numbers....

[rubs palms together like a greedy child at Christmas]
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2004, 12:27:47 AM »

Oh, really?  I dont know about Governor races, but the UAC only ran one candidate for Senate- Mr. Hobbes.  Of the 6 UAC members voting in that election, 3 of them voted for Hobbes- yourself included, I might add.  Smiley  The other 3 put Hobbes as second preference.

Hmm, I think I was counting .Andrew as UAC, and MAS117 as well. Oh well. And you actually made my point for me about Mr. Hobbes - only half the UAC in D5 voted for him! Smiley And for the record, I would've voted for Mr. Hobbes anyway since his positions are closest to mine. But StevenNick is a good Senator and I'm glad he's there to counterbalance the far-left tilt in the Senate (then again, Migrendel won (did he even vote?) and he can tilt anything far-left all by himself Wink ). What a wild election...
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2004, 12:34:43 AM »

You're welcome. Finally, I was able to vote you into office! Cheesy And the irony is exquisite! But I'm sure you'll remedy the lack of speeches soon. Wink
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2004, 01:19:24 AM »

Hmm, I think I was counting .Andrew as UAC, and MAS117 as well. Oh well. And you actually made my point for me about Mr. Hobbes - only half the UAC in D5 voted for him! Smiley And for the record, I would've voted for Mr. Hobbes anyway since his positions are closest to mine. But StevenNick is a good Senator and I'm glad he's there to counterbalance the far-left tilt in the Senate (then again, Migrendel won (did he even vote?) and he can tilt anything far-left all by himself Wink ). What a wild election...

I forgot about them, because they were write-in.

In D1, ALL 5 of the UAC voters who voted, voted for Andrew!!!!

You're right about MAS117, no one voted for him...probably because he announced so late.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2004, 10:40:37 AM »

I think it should be noted that RRegean4Ever has conducted himself in a distinguished and thoughtful manner through this controversy, particularly with so much hard work and ambitions for the future at stake.  It's a true reflection of personal integrity and discipline.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2004, 10:42:13 AM »

I think it should be noted that RRegean4Ever has conducted himself in a distinguished and thoughtful manner through this controversy, particularly with so much hard work and ambitions for the future at stake.  It's a true reflection of personal integrity and discipline.

And to think some wanted to label him a troll. If he really was a troll, he wouldn't be conducting himself in such a respectable manner.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies