Official Pennsylvania Democratic Primary Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:05:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Official Pennsylvania Democratic Primary Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45]
Author Topic: Official Pennsylvania Democratic Primary Discussion Thread  (Read 62219 times)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: April 23, 2008, 06:54:41 PM »

Does anyone know which precincts are still out in Philly?

I've tried to get post-certification precinct results from them, but I was basically hissed and clawed at.

Was it an old lady?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1101 on: April 23, 2008, 06:55:03 PM »

I've tried to get post-certification precinct results from them, but I was basically hissed and clawed at.

Was it an old lady?

It's been a couple of years, but most of them are.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1102 on: April 23, 2008, 09:56:22 PM »

Was it an old lady?

It's been a couple of years, but most of them are.

LOL

Please don't tell me you really called the City Commissioners the day after the election. Please don't.

Honestly, I think we've been over this before (at least privately). Don't bother trying to get information out of them because they won't give it to you. That's the way it is here. Some of us wish and hope to work to make that better but in the mean time, don't waste your time. It's hard enough getting results even when I have my own contact in the Minority (GOP) Commissioner's office.

As for which precincts may be out, who knows? The machine cartridges (where the actual votes are stored) sometimes get lost on their way downtown. In our close GOP Council At Large race last year, a few precincts were missing and this time, that mattered. It turned out the cartridge fell out of the bag and was under the seat in the police cruiser.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1103 on: April 23, 2008, 11:18:09 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2008, 11:21:18 PM by Torie »

Actually, you need a password to look at the Philly returns on the internet. I am being serious. I tried! I even signed up to get a password from the state of Pennsylvania, but Philly is more selective as to who is allowed into the kingdom. The state password didn't cut it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1104 on: April 24, 2008, 12:16:23 AM »

Actually, you need a password to look at the Philly returns on the internet. I am being serious. I tried! I even signed up to get a password from the state of Pennsylvania, but Philly is more selective as to who is allowed into the kingdom. The state password didn't cut it.

No, no, no. That's mainly for following the election results as they come in on Election night. It gives you a direct feed as the results are coming in. Basically, you have to be part of a campaign or a ward to get a password to follow the results which I understand.

As for getting general results, our City Commissioners should make these results more accessible (as well as some other things) but please don't get me started on that. Let's just say that some of us would like to see things changed in those areas...  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies