PA-Rasmussen: Clinton's lead down to 10
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:52:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PA-Rasmussen: Clinton's lead down to 10
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PA-Rasmussen: Clinton's lead down to 10  (Read 3524 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2008, 10:08:26 AM »

Hillary Clinton - 49%
Barack Obama - 39%
Not Sure - 12%

In the Keystone State, Clinton is now viewed favorably by 68% of Likely Democratic Primary Voters. That’s down from 76% in the previous survey. Obama is viewed favorably by 71%, a figure that is little changed from 71% earlier in the month.

If Obama wins the Democratic nomination, just 55% of Clinton voters say they are even somewhat likely to vote for him against John McCain. That’s down two points from 57%.

If Clinton is the nominee, just 55% of Obama voters say they are at least somewhat likely to vote for her against McCain. That’s down nine points from 64%.

This telephone survey of 690 Likely Democratic Primary Voters was conducted by Rasmussen Reports March 24, 2008. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/- 4 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

Link
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 10:11:08 AM »

Quoi? Surprise
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 10:12:21 AM »

Strange, but very good news if true. Wink

I´m waiting for PPP though to see what they are saying ...
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 10:22:01 AM »

it's hard to believe we still have nearly a month to go before PA since it seems like we've been exclusively tracking it for so long.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 11:19:26 AM »

Will Obama ever recover from the Wright scandal?

Wait for more to see if it's an outlier of course, but happy day for now.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 11:31:09 AM »

Wait for more to see if it's an outlier of course...

Obama Campaign has only really got cracking at PA in the last week or so, plus after the disaster of the Wright affair Obama's speech on race has had nearly universal praise from every news outlet... its not a bad place to begin his recovery from, whats more the Obama campaign would be very keen to enhance it's status in PA as the underdog (somthing they allowed to slip in OH and TX) hence maybe why the last few weeks since March 5th have seen the Obama campaign running a much more low profile effort in PA... it'll be interesting to see what happens now they have to head into a higher gear.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 04:37:41 PM »

A 10-point loss is about the barrier between a "Clinton victory" and an "Obama victory." If Obama can keep it closer, he "wins", but if Clinton can get the margin above 10, she "wins."
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 04:44:28 PM »

My nig is making a comeback.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 04:46:58 PM »

Uh-oh, for Clinton. She probably needs more than this.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 04:51:17 PM »

The change from the last poll is pretty small, but might be large enough to not be noise.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 06:47:38 PM »

I Purple heart the double standards.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 06:55:58 PM »

My dad has done the unthinkable and re-registered as a democrat to vote for Obama.

Hell hath officially frozen over.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 07:06:07 PM »

My dad has done the unthinkable and re-registered as a democrat to vote for Obama.

But he has no chance of getting  your dad's vote in the general, I presume?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 07:10:24 PM »

Well...I don't know.  My dad is fairly conservative in some respects (taxes, law and order) but tolerant too.

I'd say right now he's likely to vote for McCain, but if my mom switches her eventual november support from McCain (entirely possible depending on how the campaign goes) he may as well.

They both like Obama...so its possible, although if I had to say right now, he'd still support McCain.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 07:11:10 PM »

Well...I don't know.  My dad is fairly conservative in some respects (taxes, law and order) but tolerant too.

I'd say right now he's likely to vote for McCain, but if my mom switches her eventual november support from McCain (entirely possible depending on how the campaign goes) he may as well.

They both like Obama...so its possible, although if I had to say right now, he'd still support McCain.

Does he have another registration ready for after the primary? If not, I'll make sure he gets one.  Wink
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 07:12:25 PM »

Does he have another registration ready for after the primary? If not, I'll make sure he gets one.  Wink
Oh...mom and pa will surely switch back to the GOP, as will their friends. Don't worry about that, but do worry about them actually voting for Obama if John McCain goes too far right or plays dirty.  (which we feel he won't).
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 08:31:05 PM »

Hillary Clinton - 49%
Barack Obama - 39%
Not Sure - 12%

Rasmussen has been showing a slow upward tick for Obama in conjunction with a slow downward tick for Clinton since the beginning of the month:

March 5th
Clinton 52%
Obama 37%

March 12th
Clinton 51%
Obama 38%

March 24th
Clinton 49%
Obama 39%

Hopefully this trend will continue Smiley
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 10:18:55 PM »

Even if the polls show Obama and Clinton almost tied (like in Ohio) Obama will still lose by like 10 points (like in Ohio)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 11:05:10 PM »

Even if the polls show Obama and Clinton almost tied (like in Ohio) Obama will still lose by like 10 points (like in Ohio)
Only Zogby showed Ohio tied. All the other pollsters got it right.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 11:09:46 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2008, 11:16:17 PM by Democratic 'Hawk' »

Jay Cost of RCP's Horse Race Blog has said that Clinton, more or less, should, given the demographics, win PA by much the same margin as she did OH

From http://www.realclearpolitics.com/horseraceblog/

Keep an eye on Bucks and Montgomery counties. Frequently, Philadelphia and its suburbs report their returns before the rest of the commonwealth. If that holds true for the April 22nd primary - the results here should give us a sense of what kind of night we are in for. If Obama scores big wins in one or both, the final results might be close. If Clinton pulls roughly even with him, or beats him outright - she should have a good night.

His analysis covers the whole state and how he expects each congressional district will go

Dave
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 11:17:11 PM »

Jay Cost of RCP's Horse Race Blog has said that Clinton, more or less, should, given the demographics, win PA by much the same margin as she did OH

Keep an eye on Bucks and Montgomery counties. Frequently, Philadelphia and its suburbs report their returns before the rest of the commonwealth. If that holds true for the April 22nd primary - the results here should give us a sense of what kind of night we are in for. If Obama scores big wins in one or both, the final results might be close. If Clinton pulls roughly even with him, or beats him outright - she should have a good night.

His analysis covers the whole state and how he expects each congressional district will go

Dave

She should have a good night if she wins Bucks or Montco? Uh, no. She'd have an absolute landslide. If he doesn't win those two SE PA counties, it will be a horrible night for him.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 11:21:03 PM »

Dave

She should have a good night if she wins Bucks or Montco? Uh, no. She'd have an absolute landslide. If he doesn't win those two SE PA counties, it will be a horrible night for him.

And, seemingly, we'll know early. Given it's a closed primary, are Democrats in those counties particularly affluent?

Dave
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 11:22:50 PM »

And, seemingly, we'll know early. Given it's a closed primary, are Democrats in those counties particularly affluent?

Dave

Yes but lower Bucks is blue collar and Montco has some heavily Hispanic areas in Norristown (the county's biggest city).
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 12:15:39 AM »

Dave

Dave

As phil said...I also posted about Bucks earlier this month, you may wish to read it (if I say so myself)

If He's not absolutely killing hillary in Montco and not givin her a good whippin in bucks...he's in trouble...not just of losing the state, but of keeping it reasonably close with the Hillster.

For Obama to win the state, which is unlikely, or to have a better than average night, he's going to need to perform well in Delaware and Chester too, and give Hillary a run for her money in the exurban areas outside of Philly.  Northeast PA is a lost cause and I dont think the T area dems will be obama friendly either, just as rural maryland and upstate new york weren't.

Obama needs to run strongly in Pittsburgh and in the more affluent suburbs which may be too Republican right now to have many voters, the democrats out there don't really fit his typical voter mold...which may change of course.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 12:30:51 AM »

Don't care.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies