Which is more traditional and religious? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:56:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which is more traditional and religious? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well, which one?
West Virginia

Arkansas

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Which is more traditional and religious?  (Read 2082 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« on: April 04, 2008, 10:51:27 AM »

I'd say Arkansas based on my personal experiences in both states.

Back in high school I actually went with a church group to WV to do missionary sort of work.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 03:32:39 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2008, 03:35:51 PM by Tik »

Back in high school I actually went with a church group to WV to do missionary sort of work.

What's the point of that? That's like Mormon missionaries going from Utah to a different part of Utah.

All of the missions trips that we went on in the US focused more on community service and whatnot instead of, say, actual street preaching or something. WV as you know is extremely poor in places so we spent time doing things like cleaning public properties, taking care of kids and the elderly, etc.

By the way, I actually just got back from a trip to Arkansas yesterday. We were only there for two days but it quickly became a joke that there were more churches than people (especially black people, of which I saw none). The county I spent most of the time in was also dry and all of the businesses closed down around 8 just because. And apparently it was a KKK stronghold of sorts. Not suburban, but pretty rural, and pretty backwards to what I'm used to.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 04:23:04 PM »

What's the point of that? That's like Mormon missionaries going from Utah to a different part of Utah.

All of the missions trips that we went on in the US focused more on community service and whatnot instead of, say, actual street preaching or something. WV as you know is extremely poor in places so we spent time doing things like cleaning public properties, taking care of kids and the elderly, etc.

By the way, I actually just got back from a trip to Arkansas yesterday. We were only there for two days but it quickly became a joke that there were more churches than people (especially black people, of which I saw none). The county I spent most of the time in was also dry and all of the businesses closed down around 8 just because. And apparently it was a KKK stronghold of sorts. Not suburban, but pretty rural, and pretty backwards to what I'm used to.

Where in AR were you?

Harrison, mostly, and the surrounding area. Also took a short trip to Eureka Springs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies