Why isn't Communitarianism more popular as an ideology? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:21:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why isn't Communitarianism more popular as an ideology? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why isn't Communitarianism more popular as an ideology?  (Read 7114 times)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« on: April 08, 2008, 07:27:08 PM »

Populism might be prevelant among the minds of Americans (of course populism being way too diverse and often even contradictory to form a coherent movement), but I don't think Communitarianism specifically is that popular.  I don't see many Americans clamouring over the need to submit the private realm to the public good.  We're still all about tax cuts and personal freedom.  While most Americans sense that something is wrong about this country, they don't understand the remedies we've being applying to the state for the last 3 decades aren't going to work.  They don't understand that there is something wrong about our fundamental values right now.  And I think the divergence of our values and institutions from where they need to be in order to advance the public good is so great that it is too shocking for the average American to accept.  That's why I think communitarianism is only going into dominance through the initiative and inspiration of a strong leader.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies