PA PrimD: Muhlenberg College: Clinton leads Obama by 10
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:27:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PA PrimD: Muhlenberg College: Clinton leads Obama by 10
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA PrimD: Muhlenberg College: Clinton leads Obama by 10  (Read 1407 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 04, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »

New Poll: Pennsylvania President by Muhlenberg College on 2008-04-02

Summary:
Clinton:
51%
Obama:
41%
Other:
2%
Undecided:
6%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 11:40:59 AM »

Worthless uni poll.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 01:58:48 PM »

Except for the PPP polls, and one Rasmussen, I think all the polls have been coming in about Clinton by 9-12 points.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 04:52:39 PM »

Except for the PPP polls, and one Rasmussen, I think all the polls have been coming in about Clinton by 9-12 points.

Not quite:

https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2008D/polls.php?fips=42

(Useful ap to learn how to use)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 01:14:38 AM »

Not quite:

https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2008D/polls.php?fips=42

(Useful ap to learn how to use)

OK, a third one, which I didn't see with the third post.  I'm still seeing a tightening, but not yet a collapse.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 01:18:07 AM »

That has nothing to do with the fact that as a uni poll that isn't Quinnipiac, it is automatically complete crap regardless of what the results say. All non-Quinnpiac uni polls are 100% garbage, end of story.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 08:24:08 AM »

That has nothing to do with the fact that as a uni poll that isn't Quinnipiac, it is automatically complete crap regardless of what the results say. All non-Quinnpiac uni polls are 100% garbage, end of story.

If yiu remember NH, though I'm sure your best to forget it, the University of Suffolk polls were actually the closest (but off by 7). 
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 10:29:01 AM »
« Edited: April 05, 2008, 10:39:28 AM by Alcon »

If yiu remember NH, though I'm sure your best to forget it, the University of Suffolk polls were actually the closest (but off by 7). 

Suffolk's only other poll I remember was a Kerry-friendly poll out of NH in a time when Bush clearly led nationally (and almost certainly in NH).

There's no reason to believe they didn't just get lucky, as universities often do.

And I'm not sure what you're trying to prove - we shouldn't default to assuming uni polls are garbage because Suffolk was right once?

Edit: Fairness to Suffolk - Rasmussen also committed the sacrilege of disagreeing with Mason-Dixon a few days later.  I think there's a reasonable implication that Suffolk's poll may be decent.  Muhlenberg, not so much.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 12:31:13 PM »

Suffolk's only other poll I remember was a Kerry-friendly poll out of NH in a time when Bush clearly led nationally (and almost certainly in NH).

There's no reason to believe they didn't just get lucky, as universities often do.

And I'm not sure what you're trying to prove - we shouldn't default to assuming uni polls are garbage because Suffolk was right once?

Edit: Fairness to Suffolk - Rasmussen also committed the sacrilege of disagreeing with Mason-Dixon a few days later.  I think there's a reasonable implication that Suffolk's poll may be decent.  Muhlenberg, not so much.

I am saying, we shouldn't assume that college polls are "garbage."  They are another piece of the puzzle.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 06:27:55 AM »

Historically, I think those PA Uni polls are off, but not THAT off. And sometimes they come within striking distance. I obviously wouldn't trust them over a credible poll but I wouldn't completely disregard them either. This one seems reasonably close, for instance. We're not talking ARG, after all. Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies