Beijing 2008 Olympic Games Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:33:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Beijing 2008 Olympic Games Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Beijing 2008 Olympic Games Discussion Thread  (Read 7715 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« on: April 18, 2008, 07:31:41 AM »

Tibet...

Burma...

North Korea...

Irak!

West as bugs...

West wants to explain the World what the World has to do...

West understand everything and always knows what is good to do...

West never acts, or just for his-self interest...

West should shut up sometimes I think, or, should put his acts in coherence with what it says...

West should think before speaking and should be aware of the possible consequences of what it says...

West is you...

West is me...

West is all of us and I'm fed up with what it becomes...

West has to do a choice concerning Tibet...

The choice of the humility of the one who keeps his reserve concerning something he doesn't really know and he doesn't really control, who try to have an engagement with a little bit of logic and who can assume the consequences about which he is aware...

Or the choice of compassion, above everything...

I've done mine, that's the first one...

Enjoy yours and its consequences...

Tibet...

Burma...

North Korea...

Else I don't think about...

I really don't like what happens in this countries, I'm really fed up with these authorities who break their populations, who are hypocritical, deserve first their own interests and just laugh about all the rest...

I really don't like it as I really don't like pictures of tortured Tibetan Monks, as I really don't like when Man loses his-self in violence...

I really don't like all of this, but I really assume that I haven't the claim to have the truth and to know what should these countries do, to order them what they have to do...

My wonder for something better than the current reality takes place in other corners...

It's easy to speak as I do in a small village of the South-West of France...

But I think that all these indignations and claims concerning what should or what shouldn't do China are as much easy...

One ease includes humility, the other compassion...

It's you to choose, humility, or, compassion...

Oh, to finish, did you know, Western peoples, that all nations, so the squares in which we currently live (oh ok, they are dying, but we officially speak about them), have been build by breaking their minorities, all human constructions break its minorities...

I think that peoples who claim their indignation about what happens in Tibet should wonder about it and further about what could implicate their position...

Oh, and, really to finish, something on what I'm more at ease to make criticizes:

In France, during the passage of the torch, that are Chinese who imposed their laws to the French Police, including the authorization for journalists to film or not film such or such things, even those who had some official authorizations...

A German music group that I heard here or there called Ramstein sings a song who says:

"We all live in Americaaa, America, America...".

Well, I tend to agree, but here it could be more:

"We all live in Chihiiina, Chihiiina, Chihiiina" (I had to adapt the word China to the music).

Well, well, well, this is really interesting I think and this goes in the sens of something I spoke from a long time, before I arrived on this forum.

I mean that to me the future of quite the whole world would be a mix of America/China.

I mean more liberal economy as possible and dying of the citizens, and this surely under a "God ruling":

"What?!? You're not happy? You don't like this? You're mentally and physically very tired? But, remember, this system is from God, he wanted us to do it. Are you against God? Are you an agent from Satan? Oh no, of course, so stay quiet and follow the way, don't think. Don't think, it's totally useless, you've just to let you carry by the move, to entertain when yourself, to go to the megachurch, sing, forget all your problems, communicate with "God", and just follow this wonderful way. Hm Hm, take care if you don't do that, you're surveyed, we have very high technologies to do it, remember, you accepted it for your safety, a few time ago. We can see if you're a... deviant. Even if you believe or not in the way of God or if you can still think, if you want to lead peoples with you in other ways, we can catch you, and you know, for deviants and dangerous peoples for community, torture is allowed...".

Hmm, well, I can't tell you: "THIS will happen". But I think the current trends lead us right to something like this. Please give me reasons to think the opposite.

So, this said, I don't like it, so I can't stop myself to build reflexions for a better future, I think that it is still possible.

The slightest thing I would want from other peoples it is consideration for this point of view, and then, further if affinities...

Well, sorry, I've been far from the torch, OK I stop myself here...

Keep watching!

Rock on!
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 05:05:19 AM »

Coincidentally, the Canberra leg went off without a hitch-and without the thugs crowding around the torch. Good work ACT government.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 02:58:11 PM »

Bullsh*t. If you emigrate, that's fair enough, especially if you didn't emigrate for sporting reasons. This is pure opportunism, however, and rotten.

Also in the news, the Australian athletics team won't be at the opening ceremony because of 'pollution concerns'. Fair or over the top?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies