My 2008 prediction....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:12:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  My 2008 prediction....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: My 2008 prediction....  (Read 45684 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 14, 2004, 07:44:29 PM »

Since my ELECTION 2004 election prediction was a few weeks ago and I promised I would do a 2008 prediction, here it is. The 2004 part might be new:

In November 2004, John Kerry and his running mate John Edwards lose to President George Bush and his VP Dick Cheney in a 405 to 133 race. Soon, it is 2007 and time for a new election. Running for the Democratic ticket are:

Former Senator Hillary Clinton (NY)
Senator Evan Bayh (IN)
Governor Gary Locke (WA)
Governor Jim Doyle (WI)
Governor Mark Warner (VA)

Republicans running for the ticket include:

Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld
Senate Majority Leater Bill Frist
National Security Advisor Condoleeza Rice
Senator Rudy Giuliani (NY)
Governor Rick Perry (TX)
Governor Mike Huckabee (AR)
Governor Kenny Guinn (NV)

By early 2008, front runner for the Democrat's is an unexpected winner in Iowa Caucus: Jim Doyle. Second is Hillary Clinton, and third is Gary Locke. After a New Hampshire win, Doyle seems to be in the lead.

The Republicans in Iowa have their three places filled as: Third place: Condi Rice, second: Donald Rumsfeld, and first: Giuliani. New Hampshire goes to Rumsfeld. All this still has no clear frontrunner for the right.

By late spring, the Democrat list loses two candidates: Jim Doyle, and Gary Locke. Left are Bayh, Clinton, and Warner.

The Republicans have lost Perry, Guinn, Huckabee, and Frist. A hard choice is put up for Republicans: Giuliani who led NYC through 9-11 and as Senator of NY for 2 years after beating Clinton in 2006, Rumsfeld who served as Secretary of Defense for 8 years, or Rice who served as National Security Advisor for 8 years.

Nomination goes for the Democratic ticket..... Senator Hillary Clinton after a near loss to Mark Warner. She chooses Senator Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey as he running mate.

Nomination for the Republican ticket......... Rudy Giuliani! He chooses Condoleeza Rice as his running mate.

In the debates, Clinton wins one, while Giuliani wins two. In the vp debate, Rice badly beats Lautenberg, after all she does have a very smart IQ. On election night, polls show Clinton 44%, Giuliani 56%. Giuliani-Rice beat Clinton-Lautenberg 300 to 228. Two months later, we have Vice President Rice and President Giuliani.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? FUN TO READ, I WOULD LIKE TO READ YOURS. WRITE YOUR PREDICTION NO MATTER WHAT THE OUTCOME.

John

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 08:13:17 PM »

Nice i love it
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 08:23:17 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2004, 08:31:19 PM by Michael Z »

Beware, biased prediction coming up. I hope you can all enjoy it though. Smiley

John Kerry and running mate John Edwards win the 2004 election by a 272-266 margin. Consequently Kerry is the incumbent for 2008 and goes unchallenged (in spite of rumours within some media circles, ie. Drudge and Limbaugh, of a "coup" to install Hillary Clinton as the Democratic nominee.)

GWB's surprise 2004 defeat resulted in an ideological struggle within the Republican Party between moderates (helmed most noteably by John McCain and Rudolph Giuliani) and neocons (Santorum, Jeb Bush). Basically, the moderates believe that GWB lost the election because he was too right-wing and that only a more centre-right candidate could win an election, whereas the neocons believe quite the opposite - that GWB wasn't right-wing enough. This debate is reflected in the primaries, which reveal a deep divide within the GOP.

Rudolph Giuliani surprises many pundits by declaring that he will not run for President. Many believe this to be a ploy by the moderates to unite behind one candidate and not split their vote. That candidate is John McCain, who, just a few years earlier, many felt to be down and out due to ill health and a fading profile. However, his health problems thankfully behind him, McCain is the candidate many believe to be the most electable. His war record easily parallels Kerry's and his national stature is second to none.

Gov. Jeb Bush, after much dithering, eventually decides to throw his hat in the ring. At a rousing speech in St. Petersburg, FL, Jeb Bush declares his intention to run for President in front of his family, including father George, and of course brother George W. Rick Santorum, who some on the fringe of the GOP believed to have a shot at the nomination, decides not to split the neocon vote and instead endorse Jeb Bush. In fact, most of the endorsements reveal a split within the party - but obviously everybody involved denies such a thing. In the uselectionatlas.org forum, prominent user Jmfcst castigates cheeky British chappie Michael Z for even daring to suggest such a thing.

Other Republicans who feel they have a legitimate shot at challenging Kerry include Lamar Alexander, Elizabeth Dole, Lincoln Chaffee, Roy LaHood, and Jim Talent. However, as the primary season goes underway most of these candidates fall to the wayside and eventually drop out of the race, leaving voters with a clear choice between McCain and Jeb Bush, with many fearing a repeat of the 2000 primaries, which were dogged by fiercely negative campaigning between McCain and George W Bush. Thankfully these fears prove to be unfounded and the race is mainly a clean one.

In what turns out to be the most suspense-filled Republican primaries since 1976, McCain eventually wins... but only by a whisker.

And so the inevitable media speculation starts; who will be his running mate? Attention veers from Alexander to Hagel, E. Dole, Talent, Frist, Perry, and Don Rumsfeld(!). The favourite, however, turns out to be Rudolph Giuliani, who threw all his weight behind McCain during the primaries. Then McCain surprises everyone and chooses Bill Frist, a move no doubt designed to bridge the much-documented gap between moderates and not-so-moderates. Giuliani, word has it, will be rewarded for his loyalty in other ways, with a prominent role within a potential McCain Administration.

A brief scare is endured by Democrats when Howard Dean hints at running as the Green Party candidate. That fear, however, is eventually allayed when Jello Biafra is chosen instead (the Green Party's official line being that the ex-Dead Kennedys singer is a "more electable" candidate than Dean).

In November 2008, McCain/Frist take on Kerry/Edwards. Kerry narrowly wins. However, a second Kerry term is dogged by crisis for reasons of something-or-other (this is where my psychic future-telling abilities fail me), and so in 2012 Hagel/Perry beat Edwards/Ford.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 08:26:56 PM »

Since my ELECTION 2004 election prediction was a few weeks ago and I promised I would do a 2008 prediction, here it is. The 2004 part might be new:

In November 2004, John Kerry and his running mate John Edwards lose to President George Bush and his VP Dick Cheney in a 405 to 133 race. Soon, it is 2007 and time for a new election. Running for the Democratic ticket are:

Senator Evan Bayh (IN)
Governor Gary Locke (WA)
Governor Jim Doyle (WI)

Governor Rick Perry (TX)

By early 2008, front runner for the Democrat's is an unexpected winner in Iowa Caucus: Jim Doyle. Second is Hillary Clinton, and third is Gary Locke. After a New Hampshire win, Doyle seems to be in the lead.

The Republicans in Iowa have their three places filled as: Third place: Condi Rice, second: Donald Rumsfeld, and first: Giuliani. New Hampshire goes to Rumsfeld. All this still has no clear frontrunner for the right.

By late spring, the Democrat list loses two candidates: Jim Doyle, and Gary Locke. Left are Bayh, Clinton, and Warner.

The Republicans have lost Perry, Guinn, Huckabee, and Frist. A hard choice is put up for Republicans: Giuliani who led NYC through 9-11 and as Senator of NY for 2 years after beating Clinton in 2006, Rumsfeld who served as Secretary of Defense for 8 years, or Rice who served as National Security Advisor for 8 years.

Nomination goes for the Democratic ticket..... Senator Hillary Clinton after a near loss to Mark Warner. She chooses Senator Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey as he running mate.

Nomination for the Republican ticket......... Rudy Giuliani! He chooses Condoleeza Rice as his running mate.

In the debates, Clinton wins one, while Giuliani wins two. In the vp debate, Rice badly beats Lautenberg, after all she does have a very smart IQ. On election night, polls show Clinton 44%, Giuliani 56%. Giuliani-Rice beat Clinton-Lautenberg 300 to 228. Two months later, we have Vice President Rice and President Giuliani.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? FUN TO READ, I WOULD LIKE TO READ YOURS. WRITE YOUR PREDICTION NO MATTER WHAT THE OUTCOME.

You mentioned Gary Locke's name and I had to run to the nearest toilet and vomit.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2004, 08:31:42 PM »

As much as I would love Condi Rice to run, something tells me that she won't.  I've always gotten the impression that she's not terribly interested in the job.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2004, 08:33:16 PM »

Lautenberg is like 140 years old.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2004, 08:38:54 PM »

If Bush wins:

Democratic Ticket: Hillary Clinton/Evan Bayh
Republican Ticket: Bill Frist/ Lamar Alexander

Turnout is record low, and Frist wins by a hair.  everybody hates both candidates.

If Bush loses:

Democratic Ticket: John Kerry/John Edwards
Republican Ticket: Jeb Bush/Condi Rice

Kerry wins re-election.

2012 (if Kerry wins two terms):

Democratic Ticket: John Edwards/Erksine Bowles (Who gives a crap if they're from the same state)
Republican Ticket: Lamar Alexander/George P. Bush

Alexander wins.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2004, 08:39:48 PM »

If Bush wins:

Democratic Ticket: Hillary Clinton/Evan Bayh
Republican Ticket: Bill Frist/ Lamar Alexander

Turnout is record low, and Frist wins by a hair.  everybody hates both candidates.

If Bush loses:

Democratic Ticket: John Kerry/John Edwards
Republican Ticket: Jeb Bush/Condi Rice

Kerry wins re-election.

2012 (if Kerry wins two terms):

Democratic Ticket: John Edwards/Erksine Bowles (Who gives a crap if they're from the same state)
Republican Ticket: Lamar Alexander/George P. Bush

Alexander wins.

Frist and Alexander can't be on the same ticket.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2004, 08:41:24 PM »

Senator Evan Bayh (IN)
Governor Gary Locke (WA)
Governor Jim Doyle (WI)

Governor Rick Perry (TX)

You mentioned Gary Locke's name and I had to run to the nearest toilet and vomit.

LOL that's great.  I don't think he would run.  He is having problems in Washington right now.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2004, 08:46:26 PM »

While a Rice run is a possible situation, Giuliani is more likely since he says he might run for NYC SENATE in 2006.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2004, 08:47:15 PM »

While a Rice run is a possible situation, Giuliani is more likely since he says he might run for NYC SENATE in 2006.
New York City Senate?  No such thing.  There is a City Council, a State Senate, and the US senate (what I think you mean).
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2004, 08:50:06 PM »

That's what I mean't.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2004, 08:50:36 PM »

Nobody has commented on my prediction yet...  sniff, sniff...
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2004, 08:51:13 PM »

Giuliani isn't thinking about it.  He is doing it.  I believe he already announced it.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2004, 08:53:46 PM »

I hope Hillary loses to Rudy in 2006, because then we can get a halfway electable canddiate for 2008.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2004, 08:55:43 PM »

I hope Hillary loses to Rudy in 2006, because then we can get a halfway electable canddiate for 2008.

Why is Hillary Clinton unelectable?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2004, 08:56:10 PM »

As I have said numerous times, Hillary won't run against Rudy.  She'll sit-out and say she is putting all of her energies toward her presidential campaign.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2004, 08:57:34 PM »

Waaaay too polarizing.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2004, 08:58:01 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2004, 08:58:58 PM by Michael Z »

Hillary is far too polarising, even moreso than GWB.

Edit: lol Staples, great minds think alike. Wink
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2004, 09:07:27 PM »

I enjoyed it even though you made GWB lose.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2004, 09:08:15 PM »

I enjoyed it even though you made GWB lose.

Thanks, I liked yours too. Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2004, 09:12:47 PM »

I'll do a Bush win first, then akerry win.

Bush/Cheney win 2004 election.

In the Democratic Primaries, the main contenders are Howard Dean (Groan), John Edwards, Mark Warner, Hilary Clinton and Bill Richardson. Others include Sharpton, Feingold and Lieberman.

Over the process, two candidates merge with roughly equal votes at the convention, each with roughly 30% of the delegates. They are Warner and Richardson. Clinton has about 20%, Edwards 10% and the rest split between Dean and Sharpton, with Feingold and Lieberman ending up with basically zilch.

Clinton and Edwards endorse Warner, and Dean and Sharpton endorse Richardson. The final ticket is determined as Warner/Edwards.

The Republican primary has only three real contenders; Frist, Nussle and McCain.

Nussle easily wins his home state of Iowa, but his campaign stalls, and after the first super tuesday, he drops out, endorsing Frist.

McCain shoots ahead after winning CA and NY, to get the nomination. He selects Peter Fitzgerald as his running mate.

McCain/Fitzgerald and Waner/Edwards creates a very odd election. With the Democrats having two southerners, and the GOP having a western and mid-westerner, all previous election results are thrown out the window. In the end, McCain/Fitzgerald win, with a margin of 282-256. (I used 2004 EVs).

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2004, 09:13:31 PM »

damn, why does that ALWAYS happen to me?!?
MarkDel

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2004, 09:21:23 PM »

Hmmm,

i'm confused by all of these Democrats who say Hillary is too polarizing. Personally, I would vote for her before John Kerry, Howard Dean, Dennis Kucinich or Al Sharpton who compromise four of the five remaining Democrats in the primaries. I disagree with her on a host of issues, but I would trust her with our National Security WAY before guys like Kerry or Dean.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2004, 09:25:48 PM »

Hmmm,

i'm confused by all of these Democrats who say Hillary is too polarizing. Personally, I would vote for her before John Kerry, Howard Dean, Dennis Kucinich or Al Sharpton who compromise four of the five remaining Democrats in the primaries. I disagree with her on a host of issues, but I would trust her with our National Security WAY before guys like Kerry or Dean.

The trouble is, it's possible for most people to have lukewarm feelings about the candidates you've listed, but a lot of people actively HATE Hillary with every fibre of their body (moreso than they would with Kerry, Dean, etc). At least that's the impression I'm under.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies