New Constitution (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:16:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  New Constitution (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Constitution  (Read 26237 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« on: August 11, 2008, 11:02:46 AM »

Sounds good to me.  We really need to get back to this, get people interested again.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 12:58:28 PM »

High Court membership needs a specific number I think.  Also I think that the Parlimentary terms should be shortened to either 3 or 4 months to make things a bit more interesting a fluid.  Five months seems a bit long for a term in this game.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 01:05:59 PM »

High Court membership needs a specific number I think.  Also I think that the Parlimentary terms should be shortened to either 3 or 4 months to make things a bit more interesting a fluid.  Five months seems a bit long for a term in this game.

Eh, not really. Parliament should be able to determine how big it is, just as the U.S. Congress is to the Supreme Court.

Remember that in a parliamentary system, parliaments rarely finish their full term.

On the second thing yea thats true but what do you mean the congress can determine the size of the supreme court?  It has been for a very long time at a steady nine members, the last time someone tried to change it was FDR with his infamous "court packing" episode.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 01:12:49 PM »

Eh, not really. Parliament should be able to determine how big it is, just as the U.S. Congress is to the Supreme Court.

Remember that in a parliamentary system, parliaments rarely finish their full term.

On the second thing yea thats true but what do you mean the congress can determine the size of the supreme court?  It has been for a very long time at a steady nine members, the last time someone tried to change it was FDR with his infamous "court packing" episode.

But it steadily grew before that as the nation expanded.

True, I was just thinking to ensure continuity it would be best to have a set number
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 07:12:58 AM »

We need to start sending out PMs to everyone to try and get everyone involved again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies