My 2008 prediction.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:22:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  My 2008 prediction.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My 2008 prediction....  (Read 45744 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 14, 2004, 07:44:29 PM »

Since my ELECTION 2004 election prediction was a few weeks ago and I promised I would do a 2008 prediction, here it is. The 2004 part might be new:

In November 2004, John Kerry and his running mate John Edwards lose to President George Bush and his VP Dick Cheney in a 405 to 133 race. Soon, it is 2007 and time for a new election. Running for the Democratic ticket are:

Former Senator Hillary Clinton (NY)
Senator Evan Bayh (IN)
Governor Gary Locke (WA)
Governor Jim Doyle (WI)
Governor Mark Warner (VA)

Republicans running for the ticket include:

Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld
Senate Majority Leater Bill Frist
National Security Advisor Condoleeza Rice
Senator Rudy Giuliani (NY)
Governor Rick Perry (TX)
Governor Mike Huckabee (AR)
Governor Kenny Guinn (NV)

By early 2008, front runner for the Democrat's is an unexpected winner in Iowa Caucus: Jim Doyle. Second is Hillary Clinton, and third is Gary Locke. After a New Hampshire win, Doyle seems to be in the lead.

The Republicans in Iowa have their three places filled as: Third place: Condi Rice, second: Donald Rumsfeld, and first: Giuliani. New Hampshire goes to Rumsfeld. All this still has no clear frontrunner for the right.

By late spring, the Democrat list loses two candidates: Jim Doyle, and Gary Locke. Left are Bayh, Clinton, and Warner.

The Republicans have lost Perry, Guinn, Huckabee, and Frist. A hard choice is put up for Republicans: Giuliani who led NYC through 9-11 and as Senator of NY for 2 years after beating Clinton in 2006, Rumsfeld who served as Secretary of Defense for 8 years, or Rice who served as National Security Advisor for 8 years.

Nomination goes for the Democratic ticket..... Senator Hillary Clinton after a near loss to Mark Warner. She chooses Senator Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey as he running mate.

Nomination for the Republican ticket......... Rudy Giuliani! He chooses Condoleeza Rice as his running mate.

In the debates, Clinton wins one, while Giuliani wins two. In the vp debate, Rice badly beats Lautenberg, after all she does have a very smart IQ. On election night, polls show Clinton 44%, Giuliani 56%. Giuliani-Rice beat Clinton-Lautenberg 300 to 228. Two months later, we have Vice President Rice and President Giuliani.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? FUN TO READ, I WOULD LIKE TO READ YOURS. WRITE YOUR PREDICTION NO MATTER WHAT THE OUTCOME.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 08:46:26 PM »

While a Rice run is a possible situation, Giuliani is more likely since he says he might run for NYC SENATE in 2006.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 08:50:06 PM »

That's what I mean't.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 09:07:27 PM »

Nobody has commented on my prediction yet...  sniff, sniff...

I enjoyed it even though you made GWB lose.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2004, 09:36:05 PM »

Lauenberg seems to give me a Democrat VP vibe. I would expect maybe even a Clinton-Bayh ticket.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2004, 09:38:28 PM »

Here is my 2004 and 2008 presidential election forecast as well as the 2006 mid-term elections

2004:

Democrats:
     Sen. John Kerry P
     Gen. Wesley Clark VP

Republicans:
     Pres. George W. Bush P
     V Pres. Richard Cheney VP

Electoral Votes:   Rep. 280 -- Dem. 264

California Goes for Bush

GOP retain control of House and Senate

2006 Mid-Term:

Dems regain control of Senate.  GOP retain control of the House.

2008:

Democrats:
      Pres. Fmr. Gov. Roy Barnes (D-GA)
      V Pres. Gov. Bill Richardson (D-NM)

Republicans:
      Pres. Gov. Dirk Kempthorne (R-ID)
      V Pres. Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK)

Electoral Votes:  Dem. 247   Rep. 304

2012 Preview:

Sen. John Edwards (D-NC) beats Fmr. Gov. Frank Keating (R-OK)

Vice President Inhofe... President Kempthorne... hmmm. I like it.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2004, 11:25:04 PM »

Republicans Bush/Cheney
Democrats Kerry/Edwards

In what would be dubbed one of the toughest campignes in US history full of surprises and momentum shifts the biggest shocker would come election night when the Bush/Cheney ticket won the electoral vote 296-242 with narrow wins in MN, WI, IA and the south. the media called it a surprise landslide electoral win.

3 years later the speculation begins who will run for President in '08?

The Democrats
Hillary Clinton
Al Gore
John Edwards
Joe Lieberman

Hillary Clinton as expected announces her plans to run shortly after John Edwards and Joe Lieberman throw their hats into the ring. But then shockingly a candidate from the far left(or acts like it) jumps into the race, nope not Howard Dean though he hinted to it and considered it, but to the shock of many the person is Al Gore.

It is now some begin to ponder "Is Hillary really a shoe in for the nom.?" the doubt would continue as the Iowa Caucus and New Hampshire polls are realeased

IA
Gore 31%
Clinton 30%
Edwards 27%
Liberman 10%
2% undecided

NH
Clinton 29%
Gore 28%
Edwards 27%
Liberman 16%

It is after NH that a disapointed Lieberman ends his run for the White House.

Then after the narrow victory in NH the Clinton machine launches into high gear. As it does Lieberman endorses "The person with the most honesty and integrity in this race" John Edwards. The Gore and Clinton campignes are stunned. But at the end it wouldn't matter Hillary's campigne heavily funded goes on to win most of the primaries with minor wins for Gore and Edwards along the way.

The Democratic ticket Clinton/Clark.

The Republicans
Rudy Giuliani
Condi Rice
Tom Ridge
Bill Frist
John McCain

In a press conference hosted by John McCain he prepares to reveal big news many speculate that he will announce his intentions to run for President.

A smileing McCain comes out on the stage and announces that he is not running for the white house but "would like to introduce the next President of the United States of America Rudy Giuliani!"

Soon after Rice, Ridge and Frist(among others) announce their intenstions to run. Guiliani is dubbed the clear front runner

The Iowa caucus and New Hampshire primaries reveal a stunning surprise however

IA
Rice 40%
Giuliani 38%
Frist 14%
Ridge 5%
Other 2%
Undecided 1%

NH
Rice 32%
Giuliani 30%
Frist 29%
Ridge 5%
Other 4%

The Rice team full of former Bush campigne advisors prooves to be nearly unstoppable and wins the nomination with victories for Rudy Giuliani along the way.

Many believe that Jeb Bush will be her running mate but to the shock of many she picks Rudy Guiliani as her VP

Republican Ticket Rice/Giuiliani

The 2008 campigne would proove to be a gritty one. Hillary wins the first debate. The second is dubbed a tie but n the third debate Condi wins big and takes a big lead in the polls.

On election night in one of the biggest voter turn outs in American history Rice/Giuliani wins big.

(Yes I know this probably won't happen but its an interesting read at least)

Wild Card, I LOVED IT!!!!!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2004, 01:51:56 PM »

My 405-133 is as nice as I can think. President Bush has the good economy, sucessful war on terror, capture of Saddam, and the potential capture of UBL. If he drops Cheney, Frist, Santorum, or Giuliani would be fine. If anything a 238 to 300 margin for Bush.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2004, 04:54:24 PM »

Katherine Harris... SHE SAID SHE WILL RUN FOR SENATE, BUT NOT THIS YEAR.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2004, 05:15:24 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2004, 05:15:56 PM by Reaganfan »

We need two generally unknowns who get the nominations. For examples: WHO WOULD WIN?

Gop: Mike Huckabee/Robert Riley
Dem: Robert Byrd/Kent Conrad
President Huckabee or President Byrd?

Gop: Katherine Harris/John Hoeven
Dem: Thomas Carper/Bob Wise
President Harris or President Carper?

Gop: Rick Perry/Robert Ehrlich
Dem: Phil Bredesen/Byron Dorgon
President Perry or President Bredesen?

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2004, 07:57:17 PM »

She's an attractive, young, conservative republican and Secretary of State for Florida. Why not?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2004, 05:01:28 PM »

Rice, Powell, Giuliani, or McCain could win in a heartbeat. Name reconization, you name it. Even against Hillary who is NOT attractive!!!!!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2004, 05:37:54 PM »

Deocratic Senator Maria Cantwell from Washington.... wow, she is attractive. Why can't SHE BE a Republican LOL
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2004, 05:58:18 PM »

Now, tell me that this wouldn't be electric.

Good picture but one question, where is Condi Rice from?
Usually when parties select candidates, they try to strike a geographical balance.  For example, If a southern candidate is running for president, then you will want a northerner as the vice presidential candidate and vice versa.  But I know there have been exceptions.  (e.g. Clinton/Gore '92, '96)

Rice is from Alabama
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2004, 06:04:12 PM »

In 2008, if Rice is on the ticket... that WILL be electric.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2004, 08:26:59 AM »

Nice, sex.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2004, 09:09:11 PM »

How does this sound?
2008: Rudy/Rice beat Clinton/Bayh
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2004, 10:34:27 AM »

You know, it is sick. She ran for New York, where she never lived, just to try to get to the top. I fHillary loses in 2006, she'll still run as Former Senator Hillary Clinton.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2004, 03:48:30 PM »

I like Bill Owens better though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies