PA PrimD: Zogby: Clinton Leads PA by 3%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:32:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PA PrimD: Zogby: Clinton Leads PA by 3%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA PrimD: Zogby: Clinton Leads PA by 3%  (Read 1678 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2008, 11:05:36 PM »

New Poll: Pennsylvania President by Zogby on 2008-04-19

Summary:
Clinton:
46%
Obama:
43%
Other:
3%
Undecided:
8%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Pennsylvania

4-18/19

4-17/18

4-16/17

4-15/16

Clinton

46%

47%

47%

45%

Obama

43%

42%

43%

44%

Someone else

3%

3%

2%

3%

Not sure

8%

8%

8%

9%
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 11:17:49 PM »

I'm much more impressed by the Rasmussen poll that showed a Clinton drop.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 11:39:29 PM »

Analysis from Zogby:

"Obama, who polled a mere 40% yesterday had a good today at 46% to Clinton's 44%. We quadruple-checked our Saturday sample and it is solid. Perhaps the buzz from both his San Francisco statements and the ABC debate has subsided.

He picked up a few more points in Philadelphia and the east, where he has been leading, in the central state area, and up-ticked a bit with men. Clinton seems to have added a few points in the Pittsburgh region. But a very close examination of these numbers over the five days we have been tracking shows that it is whites and Catholics who are undecided. They clearly do not like Clinton and are definitely not breaking for Obama.

They compose a pretty big chunk of Democratic voters who say they will vote for McCain in the general election. If this small group of white/Catholic undecideds do not vote, Obama can win Pennsylvania if he is able to get out his base of young voters, African American voters, and Very Liberal voters.

If those white/Catholics do vote, then they will probably vote for Clinton and she can conceivably meet the 10-point victory threshold that meets pundits' expectations. It looked like she was moving some of these voters after the debate, but today is a different story."

She leads among Catholics, 58% to 26%, reflecting a small gain for Obama. But Clinton gained among Protestants yesterday and now trails Obama by 14 points. The two religious demographic groups are roughly the same size in Pennsylvania.

Should she really win by just 5% (which I do not believe), this thing is over.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 02:47:43 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2008, 02:55:50 AM by Eraserhead »

Doesn't Obama usually have good weekends? Anyway, if Obama only loses by a few points I'll be happy.

I'm still sticking with an 8 or 9 point Clinton win though. I think undecideds will break close to 2:1 for her.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 01:52:31 PM »

Doesn't Obama usually have good weekends? Anyway, if Obama only loses by a few points I'll be happy.

I'm still sticking with an 8 or 9 point Clinton win though. I think undecideds will break close to 2:1 for her.

Do you really think the undecideds are going to break like that?  I think the end is in sight and that's going to drive the undecideds by a similar margin but in the opposite direction. 

If at this point you're not for Obama, and you're not for Clinton... you're probably sick of the whole damn thing and want to get it over with. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 07:49:01 PM »

Do you really think the undecideds are going to break like that?  I think the end is in sight and that's going to drive the undecideds by a similar margin but in the opposite direction. 

If at this point you're not for Obama, and you're not for Clinton... you're probably sick of the whole damn thing and want to get it over with. 

In a state like PA? Yeah, I do. I'd love to be wrong on this one though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies