Question on Catholicism (Yay!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:14:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Question on Catholicism (Yay!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Question on Catholicism (Yay!)  (Read 7554 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 09:36:31 PM »

WOW....ok, no more questions about Catholicism....Wink

Smiley

I especially like how he claims that God has risen him from the grave to take on the task of being the final Pope.

If that were true, one thinks that a Swiss Guard or two might have noticed a walking out from under St. Peter's.

That doesn't have to be so!  He claimed he's John the Baptist, not Simon Peter.  Of course, if he is a reanimated John the Baptist, he might find it a bit hard to get ahead in life.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Edward Palamar
United States
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 11:31:02 PM »

Smiley
I especially like how he claims that God has risen him from the grave to take on the task of being the final Pope.

I addressed your, and others, misuse of the word "claim" at another forum recently, inclusive to answering the specifics of something that you who have replied do not see :

The regular problem I find in explaining what is plain to me is that some others regard what I say as a claim, as if they are holding something of mine that I need to present proof in order to regain that something of mine. For anyone to be this way indicates they indeed do have or think they have something of mine, else they wouldn't try to barter as such. Christ himself said, "An evil and wicked generation demands a sign." In that regard, I could just as well keep my mouth shut. But I do rejoice.

As to your final question in your post, I trust Jesus as God to know the better of His plans, especially when it comes to putting spirit in and out of men. Is not our breath the breath of God? I think so. Christ also said, "If you are prepared to receive it, he was the Elijah who was to come." I, personally, don't think I was prepared to recieve it, but am capable now of understanding that. God once took a man to heaven bodily, the prophet Elijah. As God appeared to Moses in the burning bush because to see God's glory directly would have caused Moses to die, something happened to Elijah to prevent him from suffering a similar fate for many years even though it is recorded that he went to heaven in a whirlwind. Any time beyond 120 years would have been the normal end for Elijah. It was part of God's plan to bring Elijah back in spirit, not in the flesh. The spirit of Elijah was put back into corruptable flesh and God had created a living soul. Christ died to save souls. The Father in heaven via the angel gave the name "John" to that particular living soul. In essence, "John" was not given a seperate breath but that of Elijah. But when Christ raises that soul of "John", "John" is given a new course of both body and spirit, making "John" a living soul again. In essence, I have been given a free ride. But such is the existence of any creature of God. "God blesses and curses whom He pleases." All living souls owe their existences to God, the Giver of Life. It is God who makes their souls alive. It is God's prerogative to name and apportion spirit as He sees proper.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010, 12:08:46 AM »

Smiley

I addressed your, and others, misuse of the word "claim" at another forum recently, inclusive to answering the specifics of something that you who have replied do not see :

The regular problem I find in explaining what is plain to me is that some others regard what I say as a claim, as if they are holding something of mine that I need to present proof in order to regain that something of mine. For anyone to be this way indicates they indeed do have or think they have something of mine, else they wouldn't try to barter as such. Christ himself said, "An evil and wicked generation demands a sign." In that regard, I could just as well keep my mouth shut. But I do rejoice.

As to your final question in your post, I trust Jesus as God to know the better of His plans, especially when it comes to putting spirit in and out of men. Is not our breath the breath of God? I think so. Christ also said, "If you are prepared to receive it, he was the Elijah who was to come." I, personally, don't think I was prepared to recieve it, but am capable now of understanding that. God once took a man to heaven bodily, the prophet Elijah. As God appeared to Moses in the burning bush because to see God's glory directly would have caused Moses to die, something happened to Elijah to prevent him from suffering a similar fate for many years even though it is recorded that he went to heaven in a whirlwind. Any time beyond 120 years would have been the normal end for Elijah. It was part of God's plan to bring Elijah back in spirit, not in the flesh. The spirit of Elijah was put back into corruptable flesh and God had created a living soul. Christ died to save souls. The Father in heaven via the angel gave the name "John" to that particular living soul. In essence, "John" was not given a seperate breath but that of Elijah. But when Christ raises that soul of "John", "John" is given a new course of both body and spirit, making "John" a living soul again. In essence, I have been given a free ride. But such is the existence of any creature of God. "God blesses and curses whom He pleases." All living souls owe their existences to God, the Giver of Life. It is God who makes their souls alive. It is God's prerogative to name and apportion spirit as He sees proper.

I really don’t feel like having to reread your statement 10 times in order to figure out what you’re attempting to say.  But from a quick scan of it, it doesn’t sound good.
Edward Palamar
United States
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2010, 12:16:21 AM »

I really don’t feel like having to reread your statement 10 times in order to figure out what you’re attempting to say.  But from a quick scan of it, it doesn’t sound good.

No pain, no gain, buddy.  It won't kill you.

ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2010, 12:19:25 AM »

Dear Sir,

What is Jesus's position on the cot-caught merger?

Yours sincerely,

ilikeverin
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2010, 01:02:33 AM »

No pain, no gain, buddy.  It won't kill you.

I read both your posts for a second time, you seem to be claiming that you were Elijah, who you seem to claim was also John the Baptist...and that now you're the resurrected John the Baptist.

That may not have killed me, and is certainly wasn’t of any gain to me, but it was very painful…kinda akin to banging my head against a wall.

Good luck to you, sir.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2010, 07:30:39 AM »

Easy for you to say. Sad
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 12:41:50 PM »

Smiley

If that were true, one thinks that a Swiss Guard or two might have noticed a walking out from under St. Peter's.

That doesn't have to be so!  He claimed he's John the Baptist, not Simon Peter.  Of course, if he is a reanimated John the Baptist, he might find it a bit hard to get ahead in life.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ah... I missed that part.  I assumed, from the first part, that he was claiming to be Peter.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2010, 12:44:37 PM »

I found his "work" on another forum:

http://www.cathinfo.com/index.php?a=topic&t=10146
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 12:48:47 PM »

In this other forum, BTW, he uses the same idiotic argument to demonstrate that he clearly misunderstands the meaning of the word "claim".  "Claims" can be true or false... but I guess the resurrected John the Baptist has no time to look such things up in the dictionary... or even learn to use a word the way the rest of us do.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010, 01:09:36 PM »

I say we delete this thread, delete his account, and if the police show up, we deny we ever heard of "Edward Palamar"
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010, 02:49:37 PM »

I say we delete this thread, delete his account, and if the police show up, we deny we ever heard of "Edward Palamar"

Yeah, I actually agree now.  If he had sent the one post, it would have been funny, but I have followed him around the internet, and judging from what I have seen, we really don't want to go through with this.  That Catholic site I flashed up is full of nutters and even they had an easy time mocking his claims.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies