Your favorite Pennsylvanian "for" Hillary won't be here Pennsylvania night
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 06:33:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Your favorite Pennsylvanian "for" Hillary won't be here Pennsylvania night
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your favorite Pennsylvanian "for" Hillary won't be here Pennsylvania night  (Read 918 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 20, 2008, 11:12:33 PM »

"My friends,"

I believe this will be the first primary/caucus night this year (besides Iowa) that I will be away from our beloved forum. Even more mind boogling -  I probably won't even be following the results until much later in the night. My original plan was to go to Hillary's party after closing my polling place and reporting my results. However, within the last week, a lot has changed with my job. Let's just say that I will have an insanely busy primary day (rising at 5:45 at the latest after going to bed at midnight at the earliest)  and night which was totally unexpected this time last week. I'll be following the results from that race at our party and then might find time to go to Hillary's bash but probably not. I just hope I'm not completely shut off from Presidential results.  Sad

I'll also update all of you (if I find time) around lunchtime with turnout reports in my area, ground activity, etc. even though everything at that point should be insanely Pro Hillary (the "olds" are the early voters). If things are looking favorable for Obama at my place by that time...well...you probably won't hear from me for a long, long, long time... Tongue

Just under 30 hours until polls open!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 11:43:42 PM »

I've gotten a call to testify tomorrow at an emergency injunction hearing regarding the election.

I will give an update on the turnout after 2:00 PM, however.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 11:48:20 PM »

I'm just excited to vote.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 12:39:16 AM »

I'm just excited that there will be some voting.  This 6 week break has been brutal.  Both parties need to make a concerted effort to consolidate the nominating process into 3 months or less, or at least keep it so that we don't have these crazy long breaks.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 12:45:04 AM »

I'm just excited that there will be some voting.  This 6 week break has been brutal.  Both parties need to make a concerted effort to consolidate the nominating process into 3 months or less, or at least keep it so that we don't have these crazy long breaks.

Ahh, the classical, "Shorten the primary season so the political junkies don't freak out" argument.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 02:59:35 AM »

I can't get very excited about watching Obama lose but I will be home to watch it and post on here unless something unforeseen goes down.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 04:01:33 AM »

Oh thats unfortunate....
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: