Obama: McCain better than Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:24:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama: McCain better than Bush
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Obama: McCain better than Bush  (Read 1404 times)
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2008, 02:18:43 PM »

Obama:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hillary's reponse:

and yet....heres what the good Senator from New York said earlier in the campaign:

Yeah...she definately has no room to talk and most [normal] people arent buying it. Roll Eyes

This...is a nonissue...and its sad how people are trying to blow it up to something way ridiculous.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2008, 02:25:17 PM »

Obama actually likes and respects McCain.  He praises him as a genuine american hero and war hero everytime he's ready to disagree with McCain's policies.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2008, 02:26:26 PM »

I still don't understand how anyone can say that Obama will be the best President of them all with nothing to base it on. I think whoever wins in 2008 will be a one term President.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2008, 02:28:34 PM »

I still don't understand how anyone can say that Obama will be the best President of them all with nothing to base it on. I think whoever wins in 2008 will be a one term President.

I dont think ive seen anyone say Obama would be the best President of them all....and if they have then they are pretty stupid I must admit sadly. How can you base someone on being the "best Presdent of them all" when nobody has won yet...
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 07:34:01 PM »

Tonight on Fox, Tammy Bruce was trying to spin this as Obama saying "McCain would make an excellent president"

Since when is saying that McCain would be a better than Bush tantamount to saying that McCain would make an excellent president?

I'm minded to phone-in from afar and tell her what a complete utter ass she showed herself to be this evening Roll Eyes

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2008, 07:39:38 PM »

Obama actually likes and respects McCain.  He praises him as a genuine american hero and war hero everytime he's ready to disagree with McCain's policies.

That Obama does Smiley
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2008, 07:42:39 PM »

After George W Bush, Americans would be wise to play a low expectations game with whoever succeeds him

Dave
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2008, 09:08:24 PM »

After George W Bush, Americans would be wise to play a low expectations game with whoever succeeds him

Dave

Just in case Obama or Killary wins?  Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2008, 09:25:44 PM »

Tonight on Fox, Tammy Bruce was trying to spin this as Obama saying "McCain would make an excellent president"

Since when is saying that McCain would be a better than Bush tantamount to saying that McCain would make an excellent president?

I'm minded to phone-in from afar and tell her what a complete utter ass she showed herself to be this evening Roll Eyes

Dave

That is a very ridiculous statement by this gal.  I can just see Obama and his supporters saying "Do What?"

Though, I do think it could turn into an error for him to have made those remarks.  I don't think the fall out from those remarks will be realized until after Pennsylvania, though.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2008, 09:37:39 PM »

Dave

That is a very ridiculous statement by this gal.  I can just see Obama and his supporters saying "Do What?"

Though, I do think it could turn into an error for him to have made those remarks.  I don't think the fall out from those remarks will be realized until after Pennsylvania, though.

But is it something the Republicans can run with against Obama? Wouldn't they risk besmirching Bush? Is he not still relatively popular with much of the GOP base?

Dave
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2008, 09:43:23 PM »

Dave

But is it something the Republicans can run on? Wouldn't they risk besmirching Bush? Is je not still relatively popular with much of the GOP base?

Dave

The error would mostly be felt in the remaining post-Pennsylvania contests with Clinton trying to spin it (and she is already doing so) to suit her.  This error shouldn't be fatal, though, as he already pretty much has the nomination wrapped up.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies