Obama Funded Gun Control Efforts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:56:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama Funded Gun Control Efforts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Obama Funded Gun Control Efforts  (Read 1600 times)
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2008, 03:00:45 PM »

He answered your question. You asked how Obama differed from Kerry and Gore, and he gave examples.
Actually, he didn't. He gave me examples of people that associated with Obama, but not with Gore and Kerry. Yet he still hasn't told me how Obama is any more left-wing in his policies than Kerry and Gore. I am not asking for examples of guilt by association - I am asking for policy views that are radically different than what Gore and Kerry proposed in 2000 and 2004. I will concede that he is more liberal than Gore, but I've yet to hear a convincing argument on how he is more liberal than kerry.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
That was 2004 - different time, different place. Kerry's plan for withdrawal right now is the same as Obama's.

Hillary Clinton's plan is more liberal than Obama's - does that mean Hillary is more far-left than Obama?

False. Gore ran to the left in 2000. If Gore ran as a relatively moderate, southern centrist, he would have carried Tennessee and he would have been president. He wasn't as liberal as Kerry or Obama, but he didn't run a centrist campaign by any means.

So does Obama.
Examples? Broad generalizations just don't do it for me. I don't care how he was viewed, what did his record say and how is it different than Obama's?

Obama is against gay marriage also. He is also pro-civil unions. Much like Kerry in 2004.

Kerry was against the penalty.

Yet Obama is just as liberal as Kerry was in 2004.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2008, 03:06:22 PM »

Again, I don't think anyone would argue with a straight face that he wouldn't love to take this country radically to the left in all the above areas if he could.

It's all about hiding as much of his agenda as he can for the next 7 months.

And Bush wanted to take this country radically to the right - but he couldn't, because of political repercussions.

What is your point, exactly?

How is he different from any other politician running for president?

His point is that The Decider was RIGHT to try and move the country as far right as possible.  And Obama is WRONG to move the country as far left as possible.  Because far right Conservatives love American, freedom, the troops and Jesus.  And far left Liberals hate all those things and should be rounded up and executed immediately.

You forgot to mention the last part.  hahaha

Well, if I mention that then they say I am being too hard on them.  Because some favor giving us a chance to recant while we're in re-education camps.  And I, for one, think that's mighty nice of them!

<runs>
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2008, 03:14:57 PM »

Again, I don't think anyone would argue with a straight face that he wouldn't love to take this country radically to the left in all the above areas if he could.

And Bush wanted to take this country radically to the right - but he couldn't, because of political repercussions.

His point is that The Decider was RIGHT to try and move the country as far right as possible.  And Obama is WRONG to move the country as far left as possible.  Because far right Conservatives love American, freedom, the troops and Jesus.  And far left Liberals hate all those things and should be rounded up and executed immediately.

You forgot to mention the last part.  hahaha

Well, if I mention that then they say I am being too hard on them.  Because some favor giving us a chance to recant while we're in re-education camps.  And I, for one, think that's mighty nice of them!

<runs>

HAHAHA . . . so that explains my problem with being in the middle of the issue.  I was never good with re-education.  Always got C's.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2008, 03:39:17 PM »

His point is that The Decider was RIGHT to try and move the country as far right as possible.  And Obama is WRONG to move the country as far left as possible.  Because far right Conservatives love American, freedom, the troops and Jesus.  And far left Liberals hate all those things.

America is a center-right nation. They are much more tolerant of a far - right guy than a far - left one. Why else would the Democrats need to run moderates to win like Bill Clinton?

The mainstream is more accepting of right wing nuts than they are of left wing nuts.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 03:43:11 PM »

He's the most radical Democratic nominee since McGovern. 

Correction - moderate.  'Democrats' like Bill Clinton are quite right-wing.  We haven't had a real moderate or center-left Democrat since LBJ.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2008, 06:16:51 PM »

He's the most radical Democratic nominee since McGovern. 

Correction - moderate.  'Democrats' like Bill Clinton are quite right-wing.  We haven't had a real moderate or center-left Democrat since LBJ.

Well Carter might have been considered center-left. Strange as it may seem today, the most liberal president of the last 50 years was a drawl-talking, cowboy-hat wearing Texan.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2008, 07:12:22 PM »

Obama is a pragmatic progressive; however, his critics will continue to charge that he's some radical leftist ideologue - essentially because of certain associations rather than on the actual issues

Dave
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2008, 09:53:34 PM »

every time Bono posts an article about Obama I get more and more Obamania!  If Bono keeps this up, I'll be on Eraserhead's level by August for sure!
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2008, 10:13:38 PM »

He sat on a board that handed out grants to study positions he may not have agreed with wholeheartedly, and we're supposed to buy this as proof of something?

Attack the guy on his record, but this is just stupid.  The money went to studying, anyway, not lobbying, no?

There's an article in America's 1st Freedom (apparently not available in the online version) which cites Obama's vote against allowing persons attacked in their own homes by an invader in the nighttime with the intent of committing a felony therein from using a firearm to protect himself.

I'll try to get the article to post latter.

Obama was in a small minority on this issue, which is part of his record!
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2008, 10:50:17 PM »

What's wrong with having a leader of the country that doesn't have complete respect for the right to bear arms? Just because this lead to genocide when the Ottamans, Nazis, Soviets, and Communists used it doesn't mean the same effects will happen when we apply it here.

Quote from: Restricted

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies