YAY!!! My neighborhood just got lit dropped...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:42:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  YAY!!! My neighborhood just got lit dropped...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: YAY!!! My neighborhood just got lit dropped...  (Read 6832 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2008, 10:09:51 PM »

by our friendly neighborhood anti-Catholics.

This time we are to be ready for the apocalypse.  You see.  The Pope is the beast.  At has been observed that the phrase Vicarius Filii Dei has been observed on the Pope's mitre.  This happened back in 1915 and can be seen in a photo.  Never mind that this story started out as "you can see it on the tiara, and such a photo has never surfaced anyway... the point is that, using Roman numerology, these letters add up to 666.  Ah ha!

Also, Rome is clearly the Beast as defined by St. John.  So when the emperor of Rome handed authority over to the Pope for all Romans to follow (never mind that this event never took place) the Pope and the Catholic Church became the Beast.  The 10 horns of the Beast represent the 10 kingdoms that brought down Rome and thus inherited its legacy.  Why 10 Kingdoms?  Well, because there were 10 horns.  Never mind that we cherry picked 10 kingdoms out the many that there were... the point is, it happened.

But the real kicker is that the Pope's moved the sabbath to Sunday, which isn't Biblical, and thus the Catholic Church has once again asserted their "tradition" over scripture, and they have polluted the rest of "Christianity" with this notion.

I mean, they called him "Lord God the Pope"... how messed up is that?  Never mind that we can't prove that and their is no historical documentation, and what ever proof we might have is probably based on our clever omission of a comma... it could be true.  And rather than presenting a passage to prove it, we will refer you to a 700 year old document you have no access to.

They attribute all the names in the Church that are given to Jesus in the Bible to the pope.  Never mind which ones.  You don't need to know.

The Catholic Church also forbade the Bible from being written... no read... yeah... read we mean read... by laymen and we can prove this through this passage that forbids the Bible to be transcribed by laypeople... "transcribed" is just a fancy word for "read"... trust us.

The Catholic Church changed the laws of God.  They eliminated the second commandment so as to allow idol worship.  Never mind that the commandments were never numbered before St. Augustine gave them definitive numbers and that Catholics use his numbering system and that the "Protestant" system was invented by John Calvin some 1000 year later, Augustine was in league with Satan anyway... also never mind that there are already slight variations in the commandments between Exodus and Deuteronomy... the point is that the Pope has corrupted them.

The Catholics presume to be able to forgive sin.  Only GOD can do that.  Never mind that whole thing in the Bible about "whose sin you forgive are forgiven" it didn't happen.

Anyway, Catholics are evil... praise God.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 10:17:52 PM »

BTW... even the Seventh Day Adventists who were probably the originators of the Vicarius Filii Dei have recently abandoned it as being utterly fictitious.  Even if a tiara did exist with the writing, odds are that it would have been written in classical Latin, which did not have a standardized symbol for "u" until the Vatican invented one in the late 19th century.  So the writing itself would have been rendered Vicarivs Filii Dei thus throwing off the numerology completely.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 12:07:49 AM »

Sickening, putrid expression of hate.  I am so sorry there are Protestants who act like this.  I know it's not easy, Soulty, but try to remember that most of them are easily-led Jack Chick clones.  They find safety and comfort in defining themselves on the basis of who and what they fear and hate.  As opposed to who and what they love and celebrate.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 02:16:45 AM »

I'd say FF based solely on how disgusting and absolutely nauseatingly Catholics in Pennsylvania voted except for the fact that these people were likely Republicans and not Obama supporters. So f**k them.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 05:23:16 AM »

Hilarious.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 08:11:04 AM »

Just take it on the chin and ignore the bastards. Besides the Church 'lit bombs' huge swathes of sub-Saharan Africa with literature regarding faith and sex that is no where near as humerous and far more counter productive.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 08:36:11 AM »

The people I lived with in America turned on of those ridiculous things into a tshirt.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 09:34:12 AM »

I'd say FF based solely on how disgusting and absolutely nauseatingly Catholics in Pennsylvania voted except for the fact that these people were likely Republicans and not Obama supporters. So f**k them.

You're serious?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 10:06:56 AM »

You're serious?

Remember... people who vote for Obama = good person. People who vote for anyone else = evil, racist bigots.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 10:32:22 AM »

You're serious?

Have you looked at the CNN exit polls? 75% of weekly church going Catholics in Pennsylvania voted for The Bitch. And people wonder why I hate Catholicism...

Anyway, that stuff is too funny to be offensive especially if anyone thinks it'll change anyone's mind. I'd rather just lit drop Catholic churches with anti-Hillary stuff especially considering how it appears that Catholics just love Hillary to the extreme. If I were Catholic I would renounce the church on that basis alone, but thankfully I'm not Catholic.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 11:02:03 AM »

You're serious?

Have you looked at the CNN exit polls? 75% of weekly church going Catholics in Pennsylvania voted for The Bitch. And people wonder why I hate Catholicism...

I take it you're not too fond of Jews, either, since they support Hillary as well?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 11:14:49 AM »

No they don't, just in some states. Hardly in those numbers at least. Maybe in Florida but I don't care because Florida is just an awful awful awful fucking terrible sh!thole of a state.

But anyway like I said, I'd rather piss off Catholics by lit-dropping stuff attacking their beloved queen Hillary at a Catholic church. I doubt I'd piss off too many people doing the same at a synogogue.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 11:24:12 AM »

No they don't, just in some states. Hardly in those numbers at least. Maybe in Florida but I don't care because Florida is just an awful awful awful fucking terrible sh!thole of a state.

But anyway like I said, I'd rather piss off Catholics by lit-dropping stuff attacking their beloved queen Hillary at a Catholic church. I doubt I'd piss off too many people doing the same at a synogogue.

Dude, you live in Minnesota.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 11:43:24 AM »

Dude, there are Jews and Catholics from Minnesota.  I actually know some of each.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 11:53:58 AM »

Dude, there are Jews and Catholics from Minnesota.  I actually know some of each.

I'm referring to how he says florida is "horrible". Are you that clueless?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 12:12:03 PM »

Obviously not. At least he's not clueless enough to actually live in Florida. Wink
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 12:36:23 PM »

This is just a horrid thing. I can't imagine the anger and alienation I would feel if I woke up with anti-humanist lit on my doorstep in the morning. Remember dude, in America, you believe what you want, no matter what these ridiculous doomsdayers say.

As a side note, and I say this as an Obama supporter, the only person that sickens me more than the people that dropped that lit is BRTD. Do you even read what you type before you hit post? You are a more miserable discriminator than anyone Ive ever run into living in the middle of Pennsylvania.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 01:01:12 PM »

Translation: Bigotry is only acceptable if you vote the way I do.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 02:32:04 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2008, 02:52:43 PM by Supersoulty »

This is just a horrid thing. I can't imagine the anger and alienation I would feel if I woke up with anti-humanist lit on my doorstep in the morning. Remember dude, in America, you believe what you want, no matter what these ridiculous doomsdayers say.

As a side note, and I say this as an Obama supporter, the only person that sickens me more than the people that dropped that lit is BRTD. Do you even read what you type before you hit post? You are a more miserable discriminator than anyone Ive ever run into living in the middle of Pennsylvania.

I'm really not that angry about it to be honest, I think it's just sad now... doubly so because there are a few Catholics who read these things and don't know how to respond to them, and thus start to believe them.

My first experience getting one of these things was when I was 13... and ironically, it was what got me interested in my faith for the first time, not everyone has the same reaction though.  Since then, I get about two of them a year.  I still remember the first one I got... "Cookie of Death" by Jack Chick attacking the Eucharist.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 04:49:54 PM »

I'm really not that angry about it to be honest, I think it's just sad now... doubly so because there are a few Catholics who read these things and don't know how to respond to them, and thus start to believe them.

My first experience getting one of these things was when I was 13... and ironically, it was what got me interested in my faith for the first time, not everyone has the same reaction though.  Since then, I get about two of them a year.  I still remember the first one I got... "Cookie of Death" by Jack Chick attacking the Eucharist.

Jack Chick may be one of the most vile people claiming to be Christian that there is.  I'd say he's every bit as bad as the odious Fred Phelps.  People just aren't as aware of Chick unless they have had their crap forced on them. 

Hang in there, Soulty. 
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 05:45:11 PM »

Jack Chick may be one of the most vile people claiming to be Christian that there is.  I'd say he's every bit as bad as the odious Fred Phelps.  People just aren't as aware of Chick unless they have had their crap forced on them. 

Hang in there, Soulty. 

On the other hand, unlike Fred Phelps you can at least derive some sort of amusement from the sheer absurdity of some of Jack Chick's little comics.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 05:49:06 PM »

Hang in there, Soulty. 

On the other hand, unlike Fred Phelps you can at least derive some sort of amusement from the sheer absurdity of some of Jack Chick's little comics.

True.  But don't mention picketing the funerals like Phelps.  Chick may show up at the next Catholic funeral with signs that say, "God Hates Rome".
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 07:10:40 PM »

Until this post, I had no idea what was being refrred to. Tongue
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 08:13:03 PM »

Translation: Bigotry is only acceptable if you vote the way I do.

Our little Junior Pioneer here, Opebo the Second has always hated the Catholic Church, and been very vocal about it.  It's just that now he thinks he has found a reason to justify it that is better than "well, my mommy said...."

Of course, Catholics voted against Obama because he is black.  It was nothing to do with the fact that lower middle class Catholic voters who vote Democrat have separate concerns from upper-middle class secularists and Liberal Protestants who vote Democrat... the former group having gone for Hillary and the latter for Barack.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 09:16:20 PM »

I'm referring to how he says florida is "horrible". Are you that clueless?

Minnesota does not have unbearably hot and humid weather, hordes of annoying tourists, just as many old people who can't drive, the possibility of having to evacuate your home every hurricane season, a terribly managed education system (on the contrary we have one of the best and in the country) and is actually capable of managing its elections.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies