Does anyone else think Obama supporters are just as annoying as Paul supporters? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:47:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Does anyone else think Obama supporters are just as annoying as Paul supporters? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: well?
Yes (Non Obama supporter)

No (Obama Supporter)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Does anyone else think Obama supporters are just as annoying as Paul supporters?  (Read 5572 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: May 02, 2008, 12:35:35 PM »

I always find it funny how huffy people get about the opposing candidate's supporters finding him or her "entitled" to the White House.  It's the most universal complaint I see among zealous supporters.  I still have no idea what it means.

"The opponent's supporters think he's entitled to be inaugurated today.  Of course, my candidate is actually entitled, seeing that he is clearly the better choice.  But that's different!"

Candidate supporters are zealous (and annoying as a result, maybe) in pretty equal proportion to how much they think they are the campaign.  Let's face it.  Ron Paul supporters actually were the campaign.  The sign and Internet efforts were what distinguished Paul as a candidate.  Their delusions of grandeur about winning were ridiculous, but they were entirely right about their roles in the campaign.  Annoying, probably, but not really Paul's fault.

Obama has emulated Paul somewhat on that, through the faux-MySpace format of his web site and other things.  His supporters are enthusiastic and tend to be young.  He has a certain part of the base riled up.  Clinton's supporters tend to be more traditional Democrats, although certainly she has her fervents too.  McCain isn't particularly inspiring anyone but the excitable GOP die-hards and maybe a few moderate Republicans.

I don't think any of this reflects on the candidates, as much as their demographics.

And Republicans who take comfort in the quietness of McCain's supporters should realize that his failure to excite the base is a big danger to him come General time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies