IN SurveyUSA: Hillary leading by 12 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:23:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  IN SurveyUSA: Hillary leading by 12 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN SurveyUSA: Hillary leading by 12  (Read 8374 times)
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« on: May 05, 2008, 10:06:03 AM »
« edited: May 05, 2008, 10:09:48 AM by ChrisFromNJ »

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=777e9395-9b22-44ec-a525-981fcb9029e9

5/5/08
You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ouch for Obama.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 11:26:48 AM »

So now  the Obamites are trying to discredit the most reliable pollster of this primary season because it doesn't fit their hypothesis of St. Obama's performance in Indiana. Nice.

Yet if Obama was up 12 in Indiana, you'd all be extolling the virtues of SurveyUSA's terrific track record.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 11:36:31 AM »

*sigh* Can you at least argue with the numbers rather than just use ad hominems?

I don't think the poll is THAT far off but one can hardly argue the internals look right. And if you think it's not setting up to my expectations read what I said above.

The internals look just fine. Hillary seems to be picking up a bit of black support and white numbers look just right. Even if Obama gets 90% of the black vote, he will still lose by close to 10 points. What is your point? What is so wrong about these numbers that you feel the need to discredit the most accurate pollster? You'd be extolling the virtues of Survey USA if they reported Obama leading by 12...
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 11:42:12 AM »

Do you have any proof of this other than the poll? I even gave the reason for that, the black subsample has a size of around 67. Thus a margin of error of around 12 points.

My proof is in this poll, from the most reliable pollster of the primary season. Your "proof" is your own wishful thinking.

ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 12:50:33 PM »

but which is still an impressive victory for her.

Considering the state's demographics, not really.

So Obama has an excuse in states with a large amount of whites?

What will his excuse be in the general election? Will he write off whites in the general election?

He won't be able to get away with 40% of the each state's electorate being black in the general election.

This would be an impressive win for Hillary, and to say otherwise is hackery at its finest.

ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 02:40:43 PM »

So now  the Obamites are trying to discredit the most reliable pollster of this primary season because it doesn't fit their hypothesis of St. Obama's performance in Indiana. Nice.

Yet if Obama was up 12 in Indiana, you'd all be extolling the virtues of SurveyUSA's terrific track record.

You're becoming an extremely annoying hack. Learn to accept reasonable arguments and at least consider their merit before resorting to cheap taunting.

When I finally see a reasonable argument from an Obamite, I'll accept it. I haven't seen one yet, just more wishful thinking and more nitpicking of a pollster that has had a terrific track record and just produced a poll that didn't show St. Obama leading by 30 points.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 11:51:22 PM »

*hides*

You got me here. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies