Idea
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:04:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Idea
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Idea  (Read 3432 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2008, 09:58:41 PM »

This board has degenerated into name-calling and flame wars. There are three types here; leftist Clinton/McCainiacs, rightist Clinton/McCainiacs, and us. No group will convince the other.

Therefre, I propose that this board be moved to the Election Archives and locked.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 10:07:32 PM »

This board has degenerated into name-calling and flame wars. There are three types here; leftist Clinton/McCainiacs, rightist Clinton/McCainiacs, and us. No group will convince the other.

Therefre, I propose that this board be moved to the Election Archives and locked.

Who is this "us" character?  Is that like "us vs. them"?  Sounds a lot like Bush-talk, if you ask me.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 10:07:56 PM »

But if this board is locked, where will the discussions of whether Massachusetts and Oklahoma are in play take place?
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 10:08:56 PM »

if this board is locked where in gods name am i going to go to discuss the 2008 presidential election
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 10:11:06 PM »

No more idea's from you, Xahar!
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 10:12:18 PM »

No more idea's from you, Xahar!

Hes basically right though....
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 10:36:45 PM »

Who is this "us" character?  Is that like "us vs. them"?  Sounds a lot like Bush-talk, if you ask me.

Don't you see? Bush-talk wins elections! Wink
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 10:54:03 PM »

Don't you see? Bush-talk wins elections! Wink

But loses the popular vote.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 11:54:27 PM »

Bush is old news now.  "We" are the Oborga and you will assimilate with "us" or be destroyed.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 12:21:38 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2008, 12:27:39 AM by Torie »

If the Forum were shut down, you might have to sublimate yourself and start chasing "wimmin," or revet to commencing heavy substance abuse or something. I don't think you want to go there. You know what?  One of the greatest joys in life I have found, is trying and sometimes successfully engaging folks with whom I disagree, and becoming friends. In the process each influences the other to the better, and both become, well, much "nuanced." Trust this old man on this one, if you can.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 12:22:49 AM »

If the Forum were shut down, you might have to sublimate yourself and start chasing "wimmin", or revet to commencing heavy substance abuse or something. I don't think you want to go there. You know what?  One of the greatest joys in life I have found, is trying and somethings successfully engaging folks with whom I disagree, and becoming friends. In the process each influences the other to the better, and both become, well, much "nuanced." Trust this old man on this one, if you can.

Not this forum. Just this board. It's scary.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 12:27:00 AM »

You mean shutting down a discussion of this presidential election? 
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 12:54:34 AM »

You mean shutting down a discussion of this presidential election? 

Yessir!
zombones

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 01:00:08 AM »

Close this subforum or get more moderation, since flamewars tend to spring up too often to make a topic readable.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 07:44:11 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2008, 07:56:28 AM by Franzl »

I mean, we've always had quite a bit of hacks, like BRTD, AHDuke, ChrisfromNJ, jesmo, but things haven't really been this bad until our supposed lawyer friend from CT showed up. He's the one starting all the fights right now.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 07:49:23 AM »

All of you should just abandon any party affiliation and support Adams/Hargis '08!  If you really want change, vote for them!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 01:07:31 PM »

So there are no Obama supporters who are being disruptive? Or are they considered "us?"
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 01:50:21 PM »

So there are no Obama supporters who are being disruptive? Or are they considered "us?"

Which Obama supporters are being disruptive? I saw one person being disruptive yesterday and it was  overpayedlawstudent
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 05:27:32 PM »

Jokes aside, there's a serious point being made.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 05:41:57 PM »

We had a few disruptive posters during the 2004 cycle as well (nomorelies comes to mind). I would expect that as the election approaches strong partisan feelings will continue to intensify. However, some of the most partisan posters have also given rise to some of the most memorable threads (e.g. mypalfish Cheesy).

In the heat of the campaign it will seem like this is the most important campaign of one's lifetime to more than a few posters. Candidates will even claim it to be so. My experience is that has been the case for each of the dozen I've been alive for. Reality is that campaigns are intense, similar to others, but unique in their own way. They usually play out like a roller coaster, so why not stay on for the ride?

I have faith that the forum will make this board one worth reading and maintaining, just like 2004.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 05:44:23 PM »

And, jokes aside, wherever are we going to discuss whether Massachusetts and Oklahoma are swing states?  Or whether North Dakota is swinging Obama or Oregon to McCain?  Or whether HRC's become the new George Wallace?

PS, muon...all the dozen others?  What about, say, 1996?  Did anyone at the time feel that race was important?
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 06:02:56 PM »

And, jokes aside, wherever are we going to discuss whether Massachusetts and Oklahoma are swing states?  Or whether North Dakota is swinging Obama or Oregon to McCain?  Or whether HRC's become the new George Wallace?

PS, muon...all the dozen others?  What about, say, 1996?  Did anyone at the time feel that race was important?

Among some social conservatives, Clinton's escapades were enough for them to think that the moral fabric of the nation was at grave risk if he won a second term.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies