Idea (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:04:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Idea (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Idea  (Read 3514 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: May 09, 2008, 05:41:57 PM »

We had a few disruptive posters during the 2004 cycle as well (nomorelies comes to mind). I would expect that as the election approaches strong partisan feelings will continue to intensify. However, some of the most partisan posters have also given rise to some of the most memorable threads (e.g. mypalfish Cheesy).

In the heat of the campaign it will seem like this is the most important campaign of one's lifetime to more than a few posters. Candidates will even claim it to be so. My experience is that has been the case for each of the dozen I've been alive for. Reality is that campaigns are intense, similar to others, but unique in their own way. They usually play out like a roller coaster, so why not stay on for the ride?

I have faith that the forum will make this board one worth reading and maintaining, just like 2004.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 06:02:56 PM »

Jokes aside, there's a serious point being made.

And, jokes aside, wherever are we going to discuss whether Massachusetts and Oklahoma are swing states?  Or whether North Dakota is swinging Obama or Oregon to McCain?  Or whether HRC's become the new George Wallace?

PS, muon...all the dozen others?  What about, say, 1996?  Did anyone at the time feel that race was important?

Among some social conservatives, Clinton's escapades were enough for them to think that the moral fabric of the nation was at grave risk if he won a second term.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies