Hilarious poll out of PA 4 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:17:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  Hilarious poll out of PA 4 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hilarious poll out of PA 4  (Read 4661 times)
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« on: May 12, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »

This could be another district where McCain's coattails help the GOP challenger. Considering how flukish Altmire's win was, some voters may still think of Hart as the incumbent.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »

This could be another district where McCain's coattails help the GOP challenger. Considering how flukish Altmire's win was, some voters may still think of Hart as the incumbent.

It wasn't a fluke; it was firmly a part of the wider trend.
How many people predicted an Altmire win in 2006? IIRC, very few folks correctly called this race. I predicted an Altmire win, but I also said Gerlach would lose.  As Keystone Phil and others would say, Hart lost because of her own lackadaisical approach to campaigning. After routing Democrats by huge margins in every House race (including her open seat win in the more Democratic version of this is CD), Hart probably assumed that she had solidified her hold on this district. Consequently, she refrained from running negative ads till the last few weeks of the campaign.

If Hart had followed Gerlach's lead and defined her opponent early on, say, after a nearly broke Altmire barely won the Democratic primary, she would've held this seat. Gerlach, Wilson, Pryce, Ferguson, and Reichert all proved in 2006 that scorched earth campaigns work.

Finally, the very fact  that Hart, the consummate campaigner, was taking drumming lessons instead of fundraising during an election year is quite flukish.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 06:04:45 PM »

If Hart had followed Gerlach's lead and defined her opponent early on, say, after a nearly broke Altmire barely won the Democratic primary, she would've held this seat. Gerlach, Wilson, Pryce, Ferguson, and Reichert all proved in 2006 that scorched earth campaigns work.
Felix Grucci will be glad to hear that. I would also note that Wilson, Pryce and Ferguson are all retiring now.
Lewis, we both know that Grucci's ads were filled with scurrilous allegations and backfired due to that fact.  Attacking Burner's inexperience,  Madrid's lack of composure under fire, Kilroy, Murphy, and Stender for supporting higher taxes may have been overly negative and intellectually dishonest but those attacks weren't mendacious.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 06:05:09 PM »

How many people predicted an Altmire win in 2006?

I had my eye on it from the early summer onwards Smiley
You should move to America and work for Charlie Cook!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies