More than two terms. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:52:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  More than two terms. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More than two terms.  (Read 14809 times)
Demrepdan

« on: February 17, 2004, 08:59:09 PM »

I thought it said no one can be "ELECTED" to the office of the President more than twice. Therefore....one can run for Vice President....and then IF the President-Elect refuses to serve after the general election....then the Vice President-Elect would become the next President. Remember.....it says no one shall be ELECTED to the OFFICE...of President....PRESIDENT (keywords...it doesn't say Vice...it says Pres)....more than twice. It doesn't say no one can SERVE as President more than twice.

So...conceivably...we could have a Kerry/Clinton ticket......and if Kerry were to be elected...and then state that he does NOT wish to serve as President the day after the election...then on January 20th...2005.....William J. Clinton will be sworn in for his THIRD term as President.

Of course.....if it said no one may SERVE as President more than twice.....then the scenario I just gave you could never happen. But it doesn't say SERVE...it says ELECTED. That's a Key word there folks.
Demrepdan

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 09:46:56 PM »

I think the only term limits that we should have in this country....is a little thing called elections.

Putting term limits on individuals......whether they be Governors...or Presidents...or Mayors....or what have you....makes the people look ignorant and STUPID.

It's pretty much like having the government step in and say..."ok ok...you've voted for this guy twice.....lets have someone knew...because this guy has too much power....and you people are too stupid to vote for someone new for a change.....so lets put term limits in place."

I think it should be left up to the will of the people....to decide if two terms is enough.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies