First Petrol Prices, Now Iran, What will Kevin Rudd do next?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:22:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  First Petrol Prices, Now Iran, What will Kevin Rudd do next?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: First Petrol Prices, Now Iran, What will Kevin Rudd do next?  (Read 1404 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2008, 04:50:03 AM »

What will Kevin Rudd do next? After contemplating legal advice for a legal battle with Iranian President Ahmadinejad, who knows what he'll do next. My thoughts are that he'll sue the Republican Party voters for being bigoted for not voting for Mitt Romney. Anywho, back to the story.

Kevin Rudd to Sue Ahmadinejad

By Ed Johnson

May 14 (Bloomberg) -- Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said his government is taking legal advice on whether it can take Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to the International Court of Justice for inciting violence against Israel.

Ahmadinejad has repeatedly called the Holocaust a myth and sparked international condemnation in 2005 when he said the Jewish state should be ``wiped off the map.''

The comments are ``dangerous'' and the world must unite against such remarks, Rudd told Sky News today. ``We will take careful and considered advice on what is possible on the international legal front.''

Rudd, who won office in November, promised Australia's Jewish community before the election that he would take legal proceedings in the ICJ against Ahmadinejad, the Australian newspaper reported today. Brendan Nelson, the former defense minister who is now leader of the opposition, at the time called the pledge a ``stunt.''

Ahmadinejad's comments are ``not just hyperbole from the bully pulpit of Tehran,'' said Rudd. ``It's the roll-on effect across the Islamic world, particularly those who listen to Iran for their guidance.''

Iran hosted a conference in December 2006 that gave a forum to Holocaust deniers who dismiss as fiction or exaggeration the killing of 6 million Jews by the Nazis during World War II.

Germany's Nazis killed two-thirds of Europe's 9 million Jews between 1939 and 1945 in a ``systematic, bureaucratic and state-sponsored campaign,'' according to the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington.

Proof of the Holocaust has come from survivors of Nazi death camps, camp guards, government documents and testimony in the 1945 Nuremburg war crimes hearings.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 04:58:23 AM »

I wonder if he'll use Jewish laweyers to sue Imadinnerjacket.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 05:02:50 AM »

That would be funny, but there isn't many famous Jewish lawyers in Australia though Sad. He could use some really, really good Jewish lawyers, but they'll probably demand alot of funny. Think along the lines of $41 billion dollars, which was put in "our moneybank" thanks to the Budget on Tuesday night, for "Other Items". I think that's what Rudd had in mind Wink.

When I actually first read your post, I was reminded of an American Dad episode, where Stan is sued in Saudi Arabia and hires the best Jewish lawyer in Saudi Arabia. I wonder how that case ended up.....hehe.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 05:15:34 AM »

That would be funny, but there isn't many famous Jewish lawyers in Australia though Sad. He could use some really, really good Jewish lawyers, but they'll probably demand alot of funny.
What's the funny/dollar exchange rate these days? Smiley
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 05:21:45 AM »

That would be funny, but there isn't many famous Jewish lawyers in Australia though Sad. He could use some really, really good Jewish lawyers, but they'll probably demand alot of funny.
What's the funny/dollar exchange rate these days? Smiley

Quite alot actually. According to the Currency Converter, thanks to the Al Gore inspired "Interweb", the Funny/Dollar exchange rates are 93 US Cents per Australian Dollar! Lot's of funny for you my friend.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 05:37:28 AM »

Well yeah, that sucks.  Unless you want to buy something from me, you see anything you like big spender?  I got some old baseball cards and a broken snow shovel, you got any uses for those things down there?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 06:42:06 AM »

Well yeah, that sucks.  Unless you want to buy something from me, you see anything you like big spender?  I got some old baseball cards and a broken snow shovel, you got any uses for those things down there?

Is the latter good for sand? At the beach, you know that thing with water and sand and shrubbery that is really amazing?

Oh, wait...Nebraska Wink
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 07:32:50 AM »

Is the latter good for sand? At the beach, you know that thing with water and sand and shrubbery that is really amazing?

Oh, wait...Nebraska Wink

Wait a minute. Stop there.

Beaches have sand? I thought they all had big cliffs or gravel. Surely you must just be visiting a very large and very classy golf course.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 12:49:27 PM »

Oh, wait...Nebraska Wink

Now wait a minute! I've been to Nebraska, drove down I-80 almost the whole way. I can assure you, Nebraska has lots of beaches, lakes, rivers and cliffs.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies