California gets gay marriage and very hot weather (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:59:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  California gets gay marriage and very hot weather (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: California gets gay marriage and very hot weather  (Read 10085 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: May 17, 2008, 10:44:45 AM »

There is nothing philosophically unsound with "everyone should have the right to marry the one person they love."  Yes, it is somewhat arbitrary.  I'd argue that I can't find a convincing argument for it being more arbitrary than "everyone should have the right to marry the one person they love, as long as they are of the opposite sex."
That's precisely my point: There really is no philosophically sound argument for simply allowing same-sex marriage. It's really just an utterly arbitrary personal preference. At that point, I really don't see why the arbitrary preferences of a minority should be imposed, judicially or otherwise, on the majority.

I've looked at it every way and I cannot see a single way in which gay marriage is an imposition on heterosexual marriage.

Haven't you been listening?  The queers will steal our sons and teach them to play with dolls and kiss boys.  LOL

It's funny -- they make the same argument against gays in the military.  Somehow, a gay marine is going to force his lifestyle on the 31 other heterosexual marines in his platoon.  And before you know it, they'll all be listening to Bette Midler and singing Broadway show tunes. 

What a load of crap.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies