Is it wrong for people to scape goat the Catholic Church's (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:45:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is it wrong for people to scape goat the Catholic Church's (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Everything in the RCC's fault, regardless of evidence or reasoning to the contrary

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Is it wrong for people to scape goat the Catholic Church's  (Read 5632 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: May 19, 2008, 02:56:23 PM »

The Roman Catholic Church has done wrong in the past and will do wrong in the future.  So has my own beloved Episcopal Church and the wider Anglican Communion.  So have the Baptists, the Presbyterians, the Methodists and the non-denominational groups.  I defy anyone to find a segment of the Christian church -- or of any religion -- that has not erred or done evil.

Such misdeeds should be properly owned by those to blame.

But what irks me is that those who are quickest to criticize and find fault with Roman Catholicism (or any other religion) are rather sluggish to acknowledge the great good the church has done.  I feel I owe a great debt to my Catholic brothers and sisters for so many things I haven't time or space to list them here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies