'if the election were held tomorrow...' maps!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:41:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  'if the election were held tomorrow...' maps!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 'if the election were held tomorrow...' maps!  (Read 4187 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2008, 07:00:53 PM »

mccain: 290
obama: 248
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 07:01:57 PM »

O274
M264
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 07:09:35 PM »

McCain 278
Obama 260
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 07:16:24 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2008, 07:21:35 PM by Ronnie »

McCain: 269
Obama: 269

Democratic congress puts Obama in the oval office.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 07:19:35 PM »

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 08:34:34 PM »

Tomorrow?  The rift in the Democratic party is incredibly huge right now, I think up to about 75% of Hillary voters would not go for McCain or stay home.  I'm not saying that the time gives Obama a win, but right now McCain probably breaks 400 EV:

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 08:35:35 PM »

Tomorrow?  The rift in the Democratic party is incredibly huge right now, I think up to about 75% of Hillary voters would not go for McCain or stay home.  I'm not saying that the time gives Obama a win, but right now McCain probably breaks 400 EV:

I don't think I've ever posted this before, but

LOL.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 08:37:45 PM »

I don't think I've ever posted this before, but

LOL.
The question itself is something to be laughed at, I'm saying that if all of sudden everyone just said, "OK Go vote!", Hillary supporters would have a nightmare
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 08:40:13 PM »

WTF?!  NEW YORK?  MASSACHUSSETTS? OREGON?  WASHINGTON?  LOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 08:41:35 PM »

The question itself is something to be laughed at, I'm saying that if all of sudden everyone just said, "OK Go vote!", Hillary supporters would have a nightmare

So they're lying to pollsters en masse and pretending they support Obama?

Let me reiterate - LOL.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 08:43:26 PM »

So they're lying to pollsters en masse and pretending they support Obama?

Let me reiterate - LOL.
I'm reading the question to be if for some reason the vote was tomorrow, Clinton supporters would be completely up in arms that the primary process took such an abrupt end and that this was the most injustice thing to ever happen, they would probably be incredibly pissed off.  No way an election map comes close to looking like this, but if you think about it, Clinton supporters would have a sh**t fit over this.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 08:58:50 PM »

I'm reading the question to be if for some reason the vote was tomorrow, Clinton supporters would be completely up in arms that the primary process took such an abrupt end and that this was the most injustice thing to ever happen, they would probably be incredibly pissed off.  No way an election map comes close to looking like this, but if you think about it, Clinton supporters would have a sh**t fit over this.

Ok, I think the question assumes that the election were regularly scheduled for tomorrow.  If an election suddenly just occurred with no notice, many people would probably be confused.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 09:00:44 PM »

Ok, I think the question assumes that the election were regularly scheduled for tomorrow.  If an election suddenly just occurred with no notice, many people would probably be confused.
Well, I took it to mean all of sudden, someone f**ked with America and the election is tomorrow
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 09:08:15 PM »

Well, I took it to mean all of sudden, someone f**ked with America and the election is tomorrow

No you are just a stupid hack.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 09:10:25 PM »

Hmm, exactly, intelligent argument, shouldn't you be closing the boards somewhere?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 09:15:29 PM »

Hmm, exactly, intelligent argument, shouldn't you be closing the boards somewhere?

What?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 09:16:40 PM »

What?
Maybe a Leadership Confrence to attend?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 09:19:37 PM »

What?
Maybe a Leadership Confrence to attend?

Why did you come back here? No one really likes you here.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 09:20:13 PM »

Wow, your just chock full of intelligent arguments I see
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 09:21:52 PM »

We are not having an argument. 
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 09:24:24 PM »

You said I was a stupid hack for saying that the question was flawed
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 09:27:49 PM »

You said I was a stupid hack for saying that the question was flawed
\

No, I said you are a stupid hack, because you knew what the question was talking about, you just want to put your hackist map out there. You aren't that dumb.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 09:48:40 PM »

DWTL has a point, but I think he took the question literally. If the election was held tomorrow in terms of the current political landscape, I still say McCain wins it, but I am worried that Obama might be the favorite very soon.

But yeah, if it was held randomly tomorrow, most of Hillary's supporters would sit at home or vote for McCain, and they still might do it in November, and Obama loses in a landslide.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 10:00:40 PM »

If the election was held today, I predict that McCain would win the election with 311 electoral votes. However, he would only be holding on to states like Pennsylvania, Iowa and New Hampshire by the slightest of margins, and he is only winning Ohio and Colorado by 2-3%. In the next month, this map will change.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 01:29:28 AM »

John McCain (R): 285 EV
Barack Obama (D): 253 EV

If the 2008 Presidential Election was held tomorrow, I would predict that Arizona Senator John McCain would win the Presidency. Whilst McCain loses Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico and Iowa (which all went for President Bush back in 2004), McCain makes up for those losses by picking up Pennsylvania and New Hampshire, which are enough for McCain to claim the Presidency.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies