Kentucky - OFFICIAL rumors and results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:17:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Kentucky - OFFICIAL rumors and results thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: Kentucky - OFFICIAL rumors and results thread  (Read 11013 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: May 20, 2008, 10:21:53 PM »

all of this talk of kentucky reminds me of a country song from my youth...

yeah, folks in harlan county lord they knew we were poor
they always called my daddy preacher dan
but daddy werent no preacher least ways i dont recollect
never heard of daddy talkin' nothin' but the land

dont ask me how i remember these things.

anyway.  harlan county was what?  89% for clinton.  as classy freddie blassie would say, that's god's country!
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #226 on: May 20, 2008, 11:07:28 PM »

A common theme in exit polls is that even in states Clinton wins, the consensus is that she, rather than Obama, attacked the other unfairly

Initially, I was optimistic that Obama would do better than he did given that 54% said Clinton shared their values, 45% said Obama did; 47% said Obama was honest, 45% said Clinton was which was markedly different from WV if I recall correctly yet a result not too disimilar

There ain't that much between a 41-point win and a 35-point win. Perhaps Clinton's fighting spirit, negative or otherwise, resonates with Appalachian voters

Dave
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #227 on: May 20, 2008, 11:41:03 PM »

Florida and Michigan should be seated, but the fact that the only way Clinton can win is through party bureaucrats/bosses or changing the rules means that she has lost. To win she must seat Michigan and Florida based on the actual vote, but that would be ridiculous. They should have had a re-vote.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #228 on: May 21, 2008, 01:04:45 AM »

Wou;dn't it be better to have a re-vote in all States now that we know the two contenders?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #229 on: May 21, 2008, 04:04:32 AM »

Numbers-wise, the only real difference in the final totals is the % of blacks in the primaries of WV and KY.  Yes, it's more subtle than that, but generically that's what it looks like.

I thought Kentucky Democratic primary electorate was around 14% black or so? wouldn't that have to mean that clinton did considerably better with KY whites than with WV whites?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #230 on: May 21, 2008, 06:11:29 AM »

Chris, that's total rubbish. It was in excellent taste.

It's good taste to hang up Kennedy's diagnosis and treat it like election returns, highlighting how "we want to avoid this area here," and, "well, Kennedy is going to want a non-surgical treatment it the tumor is here, because that's the speech and motor skill center of the brain... and for a man so dependent on those things..." well, are you suggesting that other people need to be able to walk and talk less than Kennedy?  I didn't quite understand what he was going for there, other than to put in some filler while the plugged an advertisement for their "GE technology" which they said about four times.  It was very strange, very crass, and just bad in general.

The comment about "excellent taste" was in reference to your comment, not the media coverage.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #231 on: May 21, 2008, 10:17:13 AM »

Numbers-wise, the only real difference in the final totals is the % of blacks in the primaries of WV and KY.  Yes, it's more subtle than that, but generically that's what it looks like.

I thought Kentucky Democratic primary electorate was around 14% black or so? wouldn't that have to mean that clinton did considerably better with KY whites than with WV whites?

The exit poll had blacks as only being 9%-10% of the primary electorate, iirc.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies