NC: Survey USA: Beverly Perdue ahead of Pat McCrory by 7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:14:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  NC: Survey USA: Beverly Perdue ahead of Pat McCrory by 7
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC: Survey USA: Beverly Perdue ahead of Pat McCrory by 7  (Read 1795 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 20, 2008, 05:15:38 PM »

New Poll: North Carolina Governor by Survey USA on 2008-05-19

Summary: D: 52%, R: 45%, U: 4%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 09:04:01 AM »

I think the Democrats should be able to retain this in November, particularly if the Obama-McCain and Hagan-Dole races are close, as they appear to be. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 05:42:11 PM »

I think the Democrats should be able to retain this in November, particularly if the Obama-McCain and Hagan-Dole races are close, as they appear to be. 

Uh, outside of one poll showing it tied, what makes the Presidential race in NC appear to be close? THe fact that every other poll shows McCain ahead by comfortable margins?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 09:28:36 PM »

Uh, outside of one poll showing it tied, what makes the Presidential race in NC appear to be close? THe fact that every other poll shows McCain ahead by comfortable margins?

Right now McCain has a 6% point ahead of Obama, that isn't comfortable.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 09:48:28 PM »

Go take a gander at the 2004 polls with Bush and Kerry. Bush was leading Kerry by about the same margin as McCain is leading Obama. Bush was averaging about +8 on election day and won by almost 13%. Most of the undecideds in NC will vote Republican. It's just the way the state is. In fact, Obama should be closer than 6-8% right now if he plans on winning the state. Just always remember to add 4% or so to the Republican on a national ballot and then you'll have your numbers.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 02:06:21 AM »

Go take a gander at the 2004 polls with Bush and Kerry. Bush was leading Kerry by about the same margin as McCain is leading Obama. Bush was averaging about +8 on election day and won by almost 13%. Most of the undecideds in NC will vote Republican. It's just the way the state is. In fact, Obama should be closer than 6-8% right now if he plans on winning the state. Just always remember to add 4% or so to the Republican on a national ballot and then you'll have your numbers.

I don't think Obama's going to win North Carolina, nor have I ever said it.  I do think that the Presidential race in North Carolina will be close, with Obama losing by about 47%-52%. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies