Israel spying on the US? AGAIN?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 03:19:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel spying on the US? AGAIN?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel spying on the US? AGAIN?  (Read 4071 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2004, 12:16:51 AM »

So far here is what we have....

An unprovoked attack on a American Naval ship. www.ussliberty.org

Spying on America in 1985 .... and now...this..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,130447,00.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

UGH[/i]
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 12:20:14 AM »

So what's new?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 12:22:32 AM »

Pisses me off. Especially since they're supposed to be our one real ally in that region...
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 08:28:13 AM »

Everybody knows that countries spy on their enemies, but few realize they also spy on their friends.

This is not particularly newsworthy, in my opinion.  Spying for a friendly country, while illegal and wrong, is not the same as spying for a hostile country.

I'm sure the US spies on its allies, including Israel, and other allies spy on us.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 09:06:39 AM »

Everybody knows that countries spy on their enemies, but few realize they also spy on their friends.

This is not particularly newsworthy, in my opinion.  Spying for a friendly country, while illegal and wrong, is not the same as spying for a hostile country.

I'm sure the US spies on its allies, including Israel, and other allies spy on us.

Exactly, so few realise this but everyone is spying on everyone, you will have spies in the UK, in Spain in Israel and they will all have spies in the USA.

Everybody spies on everybody, it isn't just enemies that nations spy on.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 10:26:29 AM »

Yeah, but the Israelis go beyond spying.

A few months ago, 2 Israelis were caught trying to infiltrate a US nuclear sub base. Mossad agents were in NYC on 9/11. And it goes on and on and on.

Sharon supposedly yelled at a cabinet member a couple years ago when they told him his agressiveness would make the US mad... he bluntly told him that "We control America. The Jewish people control America." I don't know that he really said that, but regardless it is largely true.

It can be proven scientifically, using theory with regard to foreign relations. Generally speaking, true and permanent alliances are rare; there is always a point where a nation will stop supporting its ally if the cost reaches a certain level. With Israel, however, there is no point at which the US will stop supporting it- almost negating the idea Israel and the US are even separate entities.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 10:37:19 AM »

They still haven't admitted/apologized for intentionally attacking the USS Liberty, either.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 10:55:12 AM »

Of all the countries in the middle east, why did we decide to back the only one that doesn't have oil?
Angel of Death
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 02:39:09 PM »

I want to hear what the resident self-hating Arab thinks about this.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2004, 02:44:12 PM »

I want to hear what the resident self-hating Arab thinks about this.

Who would that be?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2004, 02:51:18 PM »

I'm guessing NixonNow, what's ironic is he claims to be an Israel supporter yet he makes loads of anti-Semetic comments.
Angel of Death
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2004, 02:57:18 PM »

Hmmm, on second thought, I guess it depends on whether one considers a Copt to be an Arab.
cwelsch

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2004, 05:59:30 PM »

Everybody hates Israel.

Anti-Semitism is the warning sign of truly evil, despicable pople.  Anti-Semites are the scum of the Earth and deserve no respect as people.  There are tons of people who love to manipulate history and politics to make it appear as though the Jews and Israel are just evil.

It's especially creepy that the left is embracing it, but not especially surprising.  Traditionally the poor in Europe hated the Jews the most, while the aristocrats were more apathetic.  It only makes sense that the left would pull the anti-Semitic line.  There was that one Scottish Labor Party member who likened a certain Tory economist to 'Fagin.'

We spy on everybody, everybody spies on us.  While I'm certainly disappointed in that situation, we shouldn't assume Israel did something here until the evidence is in.  They're denying it, which is common practice, but they'd deny if they were innocent, too.

Do you honestly believe the FBI would spoil a cointel investigation by leaking it BEFORE the arrest?  Of course not.  This is absurd.  This is very strange, because telling somebody you're going to arrest him in a week gives him time to burn evidence and skip the country.

I think a lot of this stuff (not so much this instance) is motivated by anti-Semitic feelings, resentment of Israel, and the typical populist sentiments.  It's only out-of-the-mainstream kooks who peddle this conspiracy garbage, but it still pisses me off.
cwelsch

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2004, 06:08:25 PM »

Copts, in my understanding, do not consider themselves Arabs.  They trace their heritage and lineage from the ancient Egyptians.  The Arabs invaded/migrated from the Arabian Peninsula in the 7th century.  Besides having the distinct religion (Copts have been Christian since the Roman period in Egypt, so longer than many European regions, especially Scandinavians), the Copts and Arabs have distinct lifestyles, habits and diets even within Egypt.  I believe they consider themselves a distinct ethnicity.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2004, 07:37:20 PM »

My belief that Israel intentionally attacked a US Naval ship are far from anti-semitic. Thats a cop out argument.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2004, 07:58:30 PM »

Why would they attack it, though? Doesn't make any sense to me...
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2004, 08:00:02 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2004, 08:01:35 PM by Senator StatesRights »

Why would they attack it, though? Doesn't make any sense to me...

www.ussliberty.org

Its a website by the veterans of the naval ship.

The USS Liberty was under a sustained attack by the State of Israel for 75 minutes on June 8th 1967.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies