Does Clinton really believe she would win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:06:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Does Clinton really believe she would win?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Clinton really believe she would win?  (Read 1177 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 31, 2008, 08:44:15 PM »

Does Clinton really believe that if she steals this election away from Obama, she will really win in Nov? Is she that stupid or blind by her own personal gain?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 08:46:40 PM »

Probably not, but she's sticking around for a reason. Besides, Obama still could have a horrible scandal break out, especially if this Michelle Obama whitey rant tape is real.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 08:48:15 PM »

Of course not.  It is all about leverage for her future ambitions. 
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 08:57:42 PM »

This should prove to the voters that Clinton don't care about America or our problems, she just cares about her own personal gain.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 09:01:45 PM »

This should prove to the voters that Clinton don't care about America or our problems, she just cares about her own personal gain.

As does almost every politician. You have to have a huge ego to run for President in the first place.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 09:03:50 PM »

As does almost every politician. You have to have a huge ego to run for President in the first place.

Very true.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 09:06:16 PM »

I understand that, but she is always saying, I'm not running from me, I am running for the American people. Well, if she don't drop out next week then she is handing the election to John McCain.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 09:06:29 PM »

Besides, Obama still could have a horrible scandal break out, especially if this Michelle Obama whitey rant tape is real.

If Obama has a huge career ending scandal, Clinton will win the nomination regardless of whether she's already dropped out or not.  Obama withdraws his candidacy, and Clinton restarts her campaign, and only needs to peel off a handful of former Obama delegates in order to win.  So really, there's no reason to hold off on dropping out just for that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 09:07:38 PM »

I understand that, but she is always saying, I'm not running from me, I am running for the American people. Well, if she don't drop out next week then she is handing the election to John McCain.

It's called political spin. Everyone running for President is running for themselves first and foremost. Obama, McCain, Clinton, and everyone else in the race was running for their own self interests and ambitions, not solely for the good of America.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 09:12:43 PM »

josh, i can not accurately answer the question since you used two different tenses.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 10:29:34 PM »

Whilst in the media, she is trying to portray that she believes she can win (which is very obvious that she cannot), deep down inside Senator Clinton knows that she cannot win the Democratic Nomination in 2008. Why is she running? She never knows when to give up.
skoods
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 01:39:35 AM »

Ah, my first post on these boards...I was an Edwards supporter turned Clinton supporter who will now support whomever the Democratic nominee is (of course it will be Obama).

I think she personally knows it's 98% likely that she will not win the nomination. However, she is going to stay in until every state/territory votes to better herself for the future or maintain leverage for the VP position.

She knows that there is no point in dropping out now since there are only a few states left and she might as well stay in. I think she'll drop out late next week once most of the Supers have chosen their candidate.

She will then campaign for Obama should she not be the VP nominee and do her best to put on a smile despite how painful she must be feeling inside. I truly do believe that she will be the Senate Majority Leader pretty soon.

Don't worry Obama supporters, she won't take it to the convention.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 01:50:57 AM »

Ah, my first post on these boards...

Welcome! Smiley
skoods
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 01:56:34 AM »

Thanks! I came to the main site probably around the time of the 2004 election but haven't been back and have never seen the forums. As a poli sci student and an avid fan of politics (hope to one day represent Mass. in some form of public service) I am excited to see a bipartisan site such as this one that has some open minded people. All the other sites i've been to are too vicious if you don't support their preferred candidate.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 08:03:06 AM »

Thanks! I came to the main site probably around the time of the 2004 election but haven't been back and have never seen the forums. As a poli sci student and an avid fan of politics (hope to one day represent Mass. in some form of public service) I am excited to see a bipartisan site such as this one that has some open minded people. All the other sites i've been to are too vicious if you don't support their preferred candidate.

Welcome! So, what made you support Clinton and not Obama after Edwards drop out?
nyquil_man
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -2.61

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 08:56:12 AM »

I am excited to see a bipartisan site such as this one that has some open minded people. All the other sites i've been to are too vicious if you don't support their preferred candidate.

Give it time... Wink
skoods
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 01:21:55 PM »

Welcome! So, what made you support Clinton and not Obama after Edwards drop out?

Health Care has always been my most important issue. With the need for it to be Universal. I felt as though both Senator Edwards and Senator Clinton had the best Health Care plans to fit my ideals. Also, after eight years of Bush, I had Bill Clinton remorse haha.

I also honestly have not really bought the whole hope and dreams act that Obama puts on. I think it's a great way to rally support and a great campaign method but I really don't understand what makes him an agent of change moresoe than Hillary, Edwards, Biden, Dodd etc. But, in the end, I will support him as my parties nominee. The last thing I want to see is a McCain presidency with $10 gas, no more abortions, wars with Iran and probably Jamaica, and a whole lot of tax cuts for the wealthy.

Go Dems!
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 04:14:10 PM »

Health Care has always been my most important issue. With the need for it to be Universal. I felt as though both Senator Edwards and Senator Clinton had the best Health Care plans to fit my ideals. Also, after eight years of Bush, I had Bill Clinton remorse haha.

I also honestly have not really bought the whole hope and dreams act that Obama puts on. I think it's a great way to rally support and a great campaign method but I really don't understand what makes him an agent of change moresoe than Hillary, Edwards, Biden, Dodd etc. But, in the end, I will support him as my parties nominee. The last thing I want to see is a McCain presidency with $10 gas, no more abortions, wars with Iran and probably Jamaica, and a whole lot of tax cuts for the wealthy.

Go Dems!

Jamaica? Quoi...?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 05:59:51 PM »

Hyperbole, noun, Obvious and intentional exaggeration.
nyquil_man
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -2.61

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 06:07:47 PM »

Obama should drop out, plain and simple. That he is staying in despite Clinton's overwhelming supremacy, both as a candidate as a human being, is truly troubling. [/sarcasm]
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies