Would Barack Obama be considered for the presidency if he was not black? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:33:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Would Barack Obama be considered for the presidency if he was not black? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would Barack Obama be considered for the presidency if he was not black?  (Read 6316 times)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: May 28, 2008, 06:58:17 PM »

I'm so sick of people going OMG RACIST!!!! if you say that if Obama wasn't black, he wouldn't be where he is.  If he WASN'T black, he wouldn't be getting blacks by a 9-1 margin.  That's just a fact.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 07:57:20 PM »

I'm so sick of people going OMG RACIST!!!! if you say that if Obama wasn't black, he wouldn't be where he is.  If he WASN'T black, he wouldn't be getting blacks by a 9-1 margin.  That's just a fact.

That is certainly true; although people who say Obama is only doing well because of race are just plain wrong.  He has charisma, and other qualities that help him do well.

Yes, and that's another reason why he is doing such a good job - he has extremely good charisma and is very slick.  I have plenty of respect for Barack Obama, since he has brought new voters into the process and has run a tremendously good campaign - he beat the Clinton machine for God's sake! 

I never said that his strength among black voters was the only reason he was doing well.  It DID put him over the top in many primaries though, and helped him to overwhelmingly beat Hillary in states with significant black population.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies