New York State to Recognize Gay Marriages (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:36:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New York State to Recognize Gay Marriages (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New York State to Recognize Gay Marriages  (Read 20359 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: May 29, 2008, 05:55:18 PM »

In another sickening move, Gov. David Paterson (D-NY) just announced within the last hour that the state of New York would now recognize gay marriages.

I must say that I am VERY disappointed and deeply saddened by this.  I support civil unions, but I do not and will never support or recognize a same-sex marriage.

This makes 3 states I could never live in (Massachusetts, California, and now New York).

What did same sex marriage ever do to you?

But please...stay in Oklahoma...better for everyone.

It just goes against everything I believe.

Um... what is that last statement supposed to mean?  To be honest, I take it as an insult.

Well, if you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.  Wink

Seriously, how does someone else's marriage threaten yours?  You can still have your marriage in a church with your pastor. 
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 09:48:25 PM »

To be fair, I've never met a homosexual who has stayed in a relationship longer than a month and having lived in the Bay Area, CA and Santa Fe, NM, I have met my fair share.

Really?  There was a lesbian couple living across the street from my grandparents who had been together for decades.  My grandmother used to invite them over for tea.  (Yes, my grandmother was of the "invite people over for tea" generation)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies