New York State to Recognize Gay Marriages (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:03:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New York State to Recognize Gay Marriages (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New York State to Recognize Gay Marriages  (Read 20365 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: May 29, 2008, 05:53:17 PM »

Bush oklahoma I do not understand why you must impose your beliefs on others. Like you said you believe literally in the bible and thus cannot support gay marriage and that is fine. But if the government gives someone a marriage license, it does not mean you endorsed it. The only way you would commit the "sin" of gay marriage is by actually committing the act and it looks like the chances of that are low in your case. See I am a Hindu and we are supposed to not eat beef. But does that mean that I run around screaming at people eating cows that they are sinners and they are going to hell? No, I would not even do that in India. I do not impose my religious values(or lack off) on anyone and I wish you would not do that either.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 04:49:08 PM »

To be fair, I've never met a homosexual who has stayed in a relationship longer than a month and having lived in the Bay Area, CA and Santa Fe, NM, I have met my fair share.

Really?  There was a lesbian couple living across the street from my grandparents who had been together for decades.  My grandmother used to invite them over for tea.  (Yes, my grandmother was of the "invite people over for tea" generation)

Now that I think about it, I do know two lesbian couples who have been together for years.

It's the males I know that can't stay together very long.

You nailed it right on the head. Men of any sexual orientation have a hard time staying faithful.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 12:51:04 PM »

This thread's a hoot. Dodgy arguments *and* comically obvious hypocrisy!

Anywho, the function of the government is to provide for the people, in an unbiased fashion. F**k religious morals, f**k the Bible, and most importantly f**k Christianity;

Funny definition of "unbiased" there.

But I'm not in the government, am I? Therefore I'll say how I feel, but I don't expect the government to start burning Bibles or castrating Christians, nor would I want them to, if only for the simple fact that if it can happen to one group of people it can happen to everybody.

You're a disgusting scumbag and an ignorant ass to boot. Not surprising coming from your side of the political spectrum.
This thread's a hoot. Dodgy arguments *and* comically obvious hypocrisy!

Anywho, the function of the government is to provide for the people, in an unbiased fashion. F**k religious morals, f**k the Bible, and most importantly f**k Christianity;

Funny definition of "unbiased" there.

But I'm not in the government, am I? Therefore I'll say how I feel, but I don't expect the government to start burning Bibles or castrating Christians, nor would I want them to, if only for the simple fact that if it can happen to one group of people it can happen to everybody.

You're a disgusting scumbag and an ignorant ass to boot. Not surprising coming from your side of the political spectrum.

Nothing compared to the ignorant BS that comes from your side of the political spectrum.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies