Do you like how our fantasy government works?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:07:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Do you like how our fantasy government works?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Do you like how our fantasy government works?  (Read 2841 times)
Patunia
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2004, 07:15:49 PM »

Patunia, do you think individual states should be able to choose whether do integrate their schools, or can the big, mean, ultra-powerful Federal Government impose intergration upon us all?
As this constitution is written the states have that authority. As a matter of personal preference I would be opposed to it. As far as the US Constitution is concerned it is illegal because minorities equal protection under the law is enshrined in that work (segregation is illegal I mean.) But gays are not a distinct minority group (at least not in my view.)
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2004, 07:17:27 PM »

You know... maybe you're right....

Maybe we need a pro-gay marriage amendment!  Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

That's a civil union....  civil rights should certainly be "imposed" on all Atlasia.
First off, this is not a civil rights issue. Second off, the constitution does not grant any right whatsoever to "impose" anything on anyone. There is no equal protections clauss (which has been abused to death under the US Constitution.)
Doubt it would be ratified. But an amendment is always the ultimate voice of the people. Im not gonna cry over that.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2004, 07:20:23 PM »

Gay marriage certainly is a civil rights issue.

Don! You're right! Get some Senators to write up this Pro-Gay Marriage ammendment.
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2004, 07:21:44 PM »

Don! You're right! Get some Senators to write up this Pro-Gay Marriage ammendment.
It certainly is not. To imply so would mean to imply that gays are a distinct minority. That has never been proven to be the case.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2004, 07:23:33 PM »

It certainly is not. To imply so would mean to imply that gays are a distinct minority. That has never been proven to be the case.

(feels the need to be funny)

There are less of them than those of a heterosexual orientation. Minority!

(failed to be funny)
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2004, 07:26:37 PM »

(failed to be funny)
Can you destinguish gays by race, nationality or religion? Am not aware of any distinction for sexual orientation in the US Constitution.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2004, 07:28:13 PM »

(failed to be funny)
Can you destinguish gays by race, nationality or religion? Am not aware of any distinction for sexual orientation in the US Constitution.

Ummmm......Hello?.....Sense of humour?..........Are you in there?.........Guess not.......
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2004, 07:33:28 PM »

(failed to be funny)

Ummmm......Hello?.....Sense of humour?..........Are you in there?.........Guess not.......
Do you want me to show you my fork?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2004, 07:34:59 PM »

(failed to be funny)

That's a federal offense!
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2004, 07:35:48 PM »

(failed to be funny)

That's a federal offense!
What? I just wanted to let you use it to eat some suasage.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2004, 07:36:37 PM »

Wow....thats terrible....
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2004, 07:44:31 PM »

LMAO
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2004, 07:45:14 PM »

I'll like it better when i'm sworn in. Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2004, 07:45:14 PM »

Straight marriage today, straight marriage tomorrow, straight marriage forever!!!
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2004, 09:16:10 PM »

I like it.  Some minor reforms would be welcome, but nothing that warps the entire system.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2004, 08:44:29 AM »

I voted no.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2004, 12:42:05 PM »

Petunia,

Shut up about gay marriage being imposed on Atlasia.  I opposed the bill, but our side didn't have the necessary support.  End of story.  There was a democratic debate, a legitmiate vote, and our side lost.  Move on.

Losers whine about technical details after the fact.  Winners get on with life and find a way to win the next round.
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2004, 01:03:09 PM »

Petunia,

Shut up about gay marriage being imposed on Atlasia.  I opposed the bill, but our side didn't have the necessary support.  End of story.  There was a democratic debate, a legitmiate vote, and our side lost.  Move on.

Losers whine about technical details after the fact.  Winners get on with life and find a way to win the next round.
And the ignorant accept their lot in life and dont stnd up for their right for self governance. Im having a hard time understanding the hostility towards regional government trying to flex its muscle. You all need to take a step back and think about this for a moment in terms of how you see your own state government.

And as a personal response to your childish personal attack. What the  is this forum for if not for a diverse group of people to haggle extensively over this fantasy government? You all are acting like Ive intruded upon your personal little party and should just go home. Guess what? My whine is just starting.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2004, 01:28:05 PM »

The only current pupose of regions is to elect Governors, who redistrict districts.
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2004, 01:35:46 PM »

The only current pupose of regions is to elect Governors, who redistrict districts.
So the line in the 4th amenment about self governance means nothing? Or is it youre afraid of the federal authority you might lose?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2004, 01:39:35 PM »

So the line in the 4th amenment about self governance means nothing? Or is it youre afraid of the federal authority you might lose?

Huh

I was governor of the Midwest, thank you very much, and I have never worked for Atlasia's federal government  Tongue
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2004, 01:44:26 PM »

Huh

I was governor of the Midwest, thank you very much, and I have never worked for Atlasia's federal government  Tongue
So you are alright with any laws that the federal government may pass that your regional constintuency may not support? Im not trying to destroy the federal government, Im just trying to let people know that each region has a right to govern themselves in contradiction to what the federal government may want. Its important to me because the longer this goes on this way the harder it will be for a region to assert themselves when they feel it is time to do so.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2004, 03:54:42 PM »

Emsworth has returned to us!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies