The President resigns! :o (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:28:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The President resigns! :o (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The President resigns! :o  (Read 2748 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: August 29, 2004, 03:50:08 PM »

Hereby, I, Gustaf, President of the Atlas Forum hand in my resignation. I wish my successor the best of luck in his endeavours.

I am not leaving fantasy politics, but I don't intend to run for office.

(I will explain my actions in more detail later, but I'm off to bed soon so this is gonna be it for now...).

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 09:57:36 AM »

I will now go into more details on this subject.

First of all, I wish to apologize to those who have supported me, both in my campaign and during the time I served. I remained in office longer than I otherwise would have, perhaps even too long, because I felt resigning would be letting you down. However, fantasy government simply isn't for me. I don't really find it to be any fun and it was being too time-consuming. I didn't feel like I had the time and I furthermore did not actually like spending time doing it. I knew I was not doing a good job and I didn't feel too keen on doing it any better. In the end I decided that it was better for me to resign than to remain in office.

I tried to work against the expansion of fantasy government in the past. That's why I joined the UAC and that was in great part why I ran for president. I gave up on that idea a long time ago. There are two ways to affect society; voice and exit. I tried the first one, now I will vote with my feet. I will leave fantasy government altogether, though I will still vote. I know many of you do like the current arrangements, and that's fine by me. If some people enjoy it I'm happy, it's just that I don't myself.

All I would like to ask is that the current cabinet is allowed to remain in place, since they have been a great cabinet (the exception being Mr. Fresh who has expressed the same feelings as myself). Great thanks to you guys, especially Ford who has done a tremendous job.

So, finally, I apologize to all for my actions and say good-bye to fantasy government, something I believe will be for the best for us both. I have no hard feelings against anyone and I'm not bitter (thought it better to point this out explicitly, just in case Wink ).

Thank you, it was fun, for a while at least. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 02:53:42 PM »

I will remain as moderator as long as the forum wants me to.

I will confess to sometimes have missed special elections and the such. Also there is the time difference to be taken into account. Perhaps a notification would help in such cases. The key problem is that elections are always held on week-ends, and I'm usually not at home then. If there is anyone else who wants this job, by all means. I'm prepared to step down at any moment.

But, since I don't have any other fantasy government stuff to take care about I will have more time to take care of the sticking now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies