Do you like how our fantasy government works?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 11:13:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Do you like how our fantasy government works?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Do you like how our fantasy government works?  (Read 2945 times)
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2004, 06:26:45 PM »

Are you satisfied with the way that the Fantasy Government works? By this I mean the structure of the regions, districts and federal government ect.

I bring this up because there are certain members who are bringing up flaws in our currently working system.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 06:27:47 PM »

Yes.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 06:29:51 PM »

'tis fine.
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 06:30:05 PM »

I voted no. Not because I think it should be scrapped, but because regional rights have been trampled into dust. This can be reveresed within the current structure. But your question is to broad. Do I like this constitutional Republic and what it has the potential to become? Than yes.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 06:30:34 PM »

Are "certain members" mainly- people who left for personal reasons and because they lost elections and the new guy, Petunia, who is criticizing everything less than 24 hours after he arrived?
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 06:34:43 PM »

Are "certain members" mainly- people who left for personal reasons and because they lost elections and the new guy, Petunia, who is criticizing everything less than 24 hours after he arrived?

Those certain members I refer to are those who join and immediately decide to try and change the already functioning system.

Those who have left I have no problem with, I am friends with many of them and when they were active they would actually do something constructive about changing it. IE: Running for office and trying to change things themselves! Not making lawsuits that can potentially distract our legal system from more important matters.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 06:36:32 PM »

Yes
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 06:36:43 PM »

What? Theres a time limit before I can be the squeeky wheel? Tongue

And Im not running for anything or planning to run for anything any time soon. Just your run of the mill agitator. And I havent criticized "everything." Only the lack of regional authority to govern itself.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 06:41:22 PM »

Originally the regions were created simply to elect Senators and Governors. The Governors were simply for fun(much like the rest of this), not to actually govern anything.
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2004, 06:43:36 PM »

Those certain members I refer to are those who join and immediately decide to try and change the already functioning system.

Those who have left I have no problem with, I am friends with many of them and when they were active they would actually do something constructive about changing it. IE: Running for office and trying to change things themselves! Not making lawsuits that can potentially distract our legal system from more important matters.

How can I be more constructive? Was it not the Chief Justice himself who said that I raised a valid point? Am I not trying to contribute to a more formal system of governance in my own region?

And as far as running for ANYTHING is concerned, I dont feel that I am established enough to do such a thing. You want me to jump right in, lose and then hopefully go away so you can maintian your non debating little clique here. Im to damn stubborn for that. Believe me, if I do run and lose Ill still be here agitating for change if I think it is needed.

You guys are demonstrating a complacency that should be embarassing the population at large.
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2004, 06:45:14 PM »

Originally the regions were created simply to elect Senators and Governors. The Governors were simply for fun(much like the rest of this), not to actually govern anything.

Ok, so what youre saying is lets play at senator without any responsibility and be happy government fat cats? Damn, what a stagnant government this is.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2004, 06:47:48 PM »

Stagnant government?

It's a fantasy government...
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2004, 06:50:32 PM »

Stagnant government?

It's a fantasy government...

Right. And if you want people to continue governing over you better start realizing that active debate is the only way to go. People dont play at fantasy to avoid conflict, they play at fantasy to particiapate in a conflict of their liking.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2004, 06:52:52 PM »

I'm not trying to dismiss debate. I'm open to debating, isn't this what we are doing currently?

I'm trying to dismiss useless changes.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2004, 06:59:17 PM »

Our system works fine for now.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2004, 07:02:04 PM »

Hey Patunia come see my car door... Wink
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2004, 07:03:26 PM »

So its alright that the federal government imposes such things as gay marriage on all regions without any region deciding the matter for themselves?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2004, 07:04:20 PM »

So its alright that the federal government imposes such things as gay marriage on all regions without any region deciding the matter for themselves?

Niles^2+Republican=Patunia
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2004, 07:05:56 PM »

I didn't realize we had gay marriage in Atlasia....

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2004, 07:05:56 PM »

We haven't...
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2004, 07:07:32 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2004, 07:08:59 PM by Patunia »

I didn't realize we had gay marriage in Atlasia....

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=5752

Does not SAY gay marriage. But does say grants all the rights of marriage. Same damn thing.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2004, 07:08:33 PM »

That's a civil union....  civil rights should certainly be "imposed" on all Atlasia.
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2004, 07:11:03 PM »

That's a civil union....  civil rights should certainly be "imposed" on all Atlasia.
First off, this is not a civil rights issue. Second off, the constitution does not grant any right whatsoever to "impose" anything on anyone. There is no equal protections clauss (which has been abused to death under the US Constitution.)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2004, 07:12:15 PM »

Patunia, do you think individual states should be able to choose whether do integrate their schools, or can the big, mean, ultra-powerful Federal Government impose intergration upon us all?
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2004, 07:13:17 PM »

You know... maybe you're right....

Maybe we need a pro-gay marriage amendment!  Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

First off, this is not a civil rights issue. Second off, the constitution does not grant any right whatsoever to "impose" anything on anyone. There is no equal protections clauss (which has been abused to death under the US Constitution.)
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies