Official DNC RBC Committee Discussion over MI and FL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:22:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Official DNC RBC Committee Discussion over MI and FL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: Official DNC RBC Committee Discussion over MI and FL  (Read 11510 times)
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: May 31, 2008, 06:43:59 PM »

Rumors are that he's stockpiled 30 superdelegates already.
There was a same rumor going on about Clinton having superdelegates stockpiled, too.  If Obama is savvy or capable enough, which he certainly is, then he probably does.

I actually haven't heard that rumor about Clinton.
Conan
conan

« Reply #226 on: May 31, 2008, 06:45:07 PM »

There was a same rumor going on about Clinton having superdelegates stockpiled, too.  If Obama is savvy or capable enough, which he certainly is, then he probably does.

Again, see my comment about February. I'm not referring to now. I was referring to when she was on the losing streak.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #227 on: May 31, 2008, 06:51:53 PM »

Again, see my comment about February. I'm not referring to now. I was referring to when she was on the losing streak.

Obama did have those 50 delegates. He just released them in a steady stream to keep up the perceived momentum he had. Releasing them all at once would have been stupid.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #228 on: May 31, 2008, 06:53:43 PM »

Point of note: The media seems to be now be reporting that the magic number is 2,118. This is wrong. The correct number is 2,117, due to Al Wynn's resignation from Congress this weekend. It also means Obama has lost a Superdelegate (but will regain one once Donna Edwards is elected later next month).
Conan
conan

« Reply #229 on: May 31, 2008, 06:58:25 PM »

Obama did have those 50 delegates. He just released them in a steady stream to keep up the perceived momentum he had. Releasing them all at once would have been stupid.
I'm talking about the Hillary having them rumor. And I also think you're speculating with regards to Obama. Sure it's possible the supers decided, but I don't think he knew of most of them or had a plan.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #230 on: May 31, 2008, 07:03:03 PM »

I'm talking about the Hillary having them rumor. And I also think you're speculating with regards to Obama. Sure it's possible the supers decided, but I don't think he knew of most of them or had a plan.

OK, gotcha. Believe what your going to believe on Obama having those SuperDelegates stocked up. I just know that they came out with quite consistency in Febuary-March. I also don't think Tom Brokaw would have stuck his neck out like that if those rumors weren't substantial.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies