Will the US attack Iran soon ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:36:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Will the US attack Iran soon ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Will the US attack Iran soon ?  (Read 5481 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 01, 2008, 08:38:41 PM »
« edited: June 01, 2008, 09:31:39 PM by v0031 »

Will the US attack Iran in the future ?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 08:49:45 PM »

"recently" usually refers to things that have already happened. You may want to use "in the future" or "in the near future" instead.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 09:05:31 PM »

My guess is probably not.
v0031
China
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 09:30:59 PM »

Does the election has something to do with the coming war,if it occurs?
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 09:33:25 PM »

Does the election has something to do with the coming war,if it occurs?
Yes. McCain is the only candidate who wants to invade Iran.
v0031
China
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 09:45:21 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2008, 09:48:32 PM by v0031 »

I have been researching the US for a long time. Nearly every president wages at least one war during his office time in the name of justice on behalf of the interest  of war industry of the US.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 10:27:01 PM »

I have been researching the US for a long time. Nearly every president wages at least one war during his office time in the name of justice on behalf of the interest  of war industry of the US.
Oh, so you've discovered the iron triangle of American politics.

I doubt the U.S. will strike Iran, especially since the current President is heavy on bravado and light on real power.  Since Israel has a nuclear deterrent, there is little reason for Iran to strike Israel, thus removing the main cause of a potential war between the U.S. and Iran.
v0031
China
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 11:49:17 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2008, 11:55:08 PM by v0031 »

The reason why the US will invade Iran is not that it poses a threat to Israel,but to crack down another anti-US regime. Of course,Bush doesn't seem to wage the war because he is now a lame duck. The next president of the US will triger it ,maybe one or two years after he gains the most powerful killing-power, namely, the post of the President of the United States.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 12:08:15 AM »

Amazing. I have never seen a more dramatic mis-interpretation of the US's politics before in my life. And this is coming from someone whose read some radical stuff!
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 02:19:01 AM »

What people overlook when studying history and politics is the element of money. This alone will keep hot air just that.

Everyone knows that the Chinese government has huge piles of green paper sitting around. Everyone knows that China has investments in Iran. Ditto with Russia.

Whenever the Chinese government wants to, it can cripple the US Dollar and economy without firing a shot. That's the elephant in the room.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 08:59:42 AM »

What people overlook when studying history and politics is the element of money. This alone will keep hot air just that.

Everyone knows that the Chinese government has huge piles of green paper sitting around. Everyone knows that China has investments in Iran. Ditto with Russia.

Whenever the Chinese government wants to, it can cripple the US Dollar and economy without firing a shot. That's the elephant in the room.
Why would they kill THEIR own golden goose?  Totally agree with the first part though (because it's true).
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 10:12:43 AM »

Doing that would take down the US economy for a few years but it would utterly wreck China's economy to the point where they won't show positive growth for 50 years. I say bring it on.
v0031
China
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 12:49:21 AM »

愿闻其详
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 03:49:44 AM »

Amazing. I have never seen a more dramatic mis-interpretation of the US's politics before in my life. And this is coming from someone whose read some radical stuff!

No, v0031 is right, if ungrammatical.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 08:46:25 AM »

Basically I want to see that viper's nest of communist scum in beijing fall into chaos. Communism was terrible in the 20th century and the latest incarnation of communism(pro-market despotism using communist slogans) is still terrible. I hope the Beijing olympics go poorly to the point where even the government in Beijing admits it was a farce. Then again, this is quite likely. I wonder how many athletes will die from the air pollution?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 09:40:54 AM »

I don't think it will happen.  I certainly hope not.  The Bush administration has no right whatsoever to lecture the rest of the world about morality, observing international agreements or human rights.  As to defending Israel, I am hard pressed to think of a time in our history when we went to war on behalf of an ally BEFORE that ally was actually attacked.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 11:30:42 AM »

I heard a few days ago on French TV that Bush said that an attack of Iran was possible at any time.

Well the journalist didn't give the context of this declaration. Which was it? Did he answer the question of a journalist, was it a part of a speech or did he make a speech especially on it...? If someone know, thank you.

Personally, spontaneously, I can't impeach myself to think that Bush can still do it, even if I have to say that if it happens it would be a huge surprise, but I can't impeach myself to think it is a possibility. To say it, I just base myself on psychological things, nothing more and if money is important in these affairs I think that so is psychology.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 08:58:26 PM »

I doubt that we will attack Iran anytime soon.  Of course, if Israel does declare war on Iran, then we need to join them immediatley; and if Iran declares war on Israel, then we need to be prepared for a massive attack on Iran, so that they do not harm Israel.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 09:05:17 PM »

No.  I wouldn't rule out Israel attempting to knock out Iran's nukes, though. 
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 09:09:07 PM »

If they do that, it may lead to war, which means the US will get involved (hopefully).
defe07

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 09:33:46 PM »

Basically I want to see that viper's nest of communist scum in beijing fall into chaos. Communism was terrible in the 20th century and the latest incarnation of communism(pro-market despotism using communist slogans) is still terrible. I hope the Beijing olympics go poorly to the point where even the government in Beijing admits it was a farce. Then again, this is quite likely. I wonder how many athletes will die from the air pollution?

I think that if we want the Beijing Olympics to do badly, it's up to us the consumers. Would you support not buying McDonald's, Coca-Cola and other companies that support the Olympics to send a message? I would and, even if I'm the only one, I'll do it. This should send a big message if they see their opponents Burger King and Pepsi are having major profits in their ranks.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 01:45:09 AM »

I doubt that we will attack Iran anytime soon.  Of course, if Israel does declare war on Iran, then we need to join them immediatley; and if Iran declares war on Israel, then we need to be prepared for a massive attack on Iran, so that they do not harm Israel.

Damn it why do we have to get involved in their affairs. Oh well we probably have it all planned out with Israel to begin with. I would just hope they would try and get more countries behind the cause.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 08:29:28 AM »

If they do that, it may lead to war, which means the US will get involved (hopefully).
Why do you America to be Israel's bitch? If you care so much about Israel you would understand they have the capacity to defend themselves.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 08:33:08 AM »

Zionists are the internal enemy. They use the safety of the United States to aid a despotic regime overseas.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 11:25:23 AM »

Zionists are the internal enemy. They use the safety of the United States to aid a despotic regime overseas.

Some of the comments on this thread are very surprising to me..the attitude is that it is some moral responsibility of the United States to protect Israel. And that too after Israel attacks another nation. If Israel cannot defend itself, it should not go to war and its as simple as that. If Israel is attacked it is a different matter altogether.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies