Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2017, 11:08:26 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Cast your Ballot in the 2016 Mock Election

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, Virginia)
| | |-+  Wisconsin Megathread - Walker far underwater
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] Print
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread - Walker far underwater  (Read 116355 times)
Holmes
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 16, 2017, 07:57:54 pm »
Ignore

Governor Evers when

January 2019

Malcolm X
jdb
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 16, 2017, 08:31:01 pm »
Ignore

Jason Stein‏
Verified account
@jasonmdstein

Former U.S. Herb Kohl is about to endorse @WISuptTonyEvers in the Democratic primary for governor, one of the bigger endorsements so far.

That's BIG, but it doesn't surprise me. Evers is a powerhouse in Wisconsin.

I wonder if Evers will try to convince Vinehout to run in the LG primary as sort of a unity non-Madison/Milwaukee-based ticket. I think they'd be well-balanced geographically.

That would be an interesting choice, and would absolutely neutralize Walker's talking points.
*snip* I wonder if Evers will have access to any of that sweet sweet Herb Kohl money.

I highly doubt it since Dan Kohl is running a pretty competitive congressional campaign against Grothman.  That's probably the priority for the Kohl family this cycle.

Cool Grin Tongue Smiley Sad Huh Angry Wink Roll Eyes Undecided Cheesy
Shocked Lips sealed
Wiz in Wis
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1002 on: October 17, 2017, 11:54:40 am »
Ignore

Jason Stein‏
Verified account
@jasonmdstein

Former U.S. Herb Kohl is about to endorse @WISuptTonyEvers in the Democratic primary for governor, one of the bigger endorsements so far.

That's BIG, but it doesn't surprise me. Evers is a powerhouse in Wisconsin.

I wonder if Evers will try to convince Vinehout to run in the LG primary as sort of a unity non-Madison/Milwaukee-based ticket. I think they'd be well-balanced geographically.

That would be an interesting choice, and would absolutely neutralize Walker's talking points.
*snip* I wonder if Evers will have access to any of that sweet sweet Herb Kohl money.

I highly doubt it since Dan Kohl is running a pretty competitive congressional campaign against Grothman.  That's probably the priority for the Kohl family this cycle.

You know Herb is personally worth several hundred million, right... I think he could drop a lot in two places.
Wiz in Wis
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1003 on: October 17, 2017, 11:56:51 am »
Ignore

Evers has to be the favorite right now, if only because Wachs and Vinehout share a regional base, and Wachs just got endorsed by Dave Obey.
PNM
Mizzouian
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 17, 2017, 01:54:43 pm »
Ignore

Evers has to be the favorite right now, if only because Wachs and Vinehout share a regional base, and Wachs just got endorsed by Dave Obey.

Evers really should probably point out to Vinehout that she probably has no chance in the primary and get her to run as his LG. She'd help him balance the ticket with a woman and she's from a key part of the state.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: October 19, 2017, 06:41:44 am »
Ignore

Evers really should probably point out to Vinehout that she probably has no chance in the primary and get her to run as his LG. She'd help him balance the ticket with a woman and she's from a key part of the state.
I agree, plus the WI GOP can't attack them very well for being "muh liberal Madison elitists" and Democrats don't want to have a super competitive primary. Imo Evers is my personal favorite and also the favorite to win the nomination. I think he would be a stronger GE candidate than Vinehout.

"Endorsements":
AL-SEN 2017 - Doug Jones
WI-SEN 2018 - Tammy Baldwin
OH-SEN 2018 - Sherrod Brown
WV-SEN 2018 - Joe Manchin
OH-GOV 2018 - Richard Cordray
WI-GOV 2018 - Tony Evers
Everything else - Russ Feingold
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 19, 2017, 06:44:34 am »
Ignore

Wait, is the Obey endorsement supposed to be a negative or am I reading this wrong...?

"Endorsements":
AL-SEN 2017 - Doug Jones
WI-SEN 2018 - Tammy Baldwin
OH-SEN 2018 - Sherrod Brown
WV-SEN 2018 - Joe Manchin
OH-GOV 2018 - Richard Cordray
WI-GOV 2018 - Tony Evers
Everything else - Russ Feingold
Representative VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 19, 2017, 10:23:09 am »
Ignore

I quite like Wachs, but Evers definitely looks to be the frontrunner.

KS-GOV: Josh Svaty
MI-GOV: Abdul El-Sayed
OH-GOV: Betty Sutton
TN-GOV: Craig Fitzhugh
IL-03: Dan Lipinski
MI-1: Matt Morgan
Arch
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 19, 2017, 10:34:40 am »
Ignore

I agree, plus the WI GOP can't attack them very well for being "muh liberal Madison elitists" and Democrats don't want to have a super competitive primary. Imo Evers is my personal favorite and also the favorite to win the nomination. I think he would be a stronger GE candidate than Vinehout.

My thoughts

Sic semper tyrannis.

Formerly:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout