Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:20:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45
Author Topic: Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle  (Read 837213 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2008, 05:54:24 PM »

And how did Joubert get 2.6% in Cowlitz?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2008, 06:03:19 PM »

Ladenburg didn't win King?

Wow. I hadn't realized that.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2008, 06:08:52 PM »

Ladenburg didn't win King?

Wow. I hadn't realized that.

Yeah. I feel sorry for him...

But then again, Jason Osgood lost f'ing Seattle. So it could be worse. Smiley

Did Osgood win Waldron?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2008, 06:38:58 PM »

100%. Wait for Gregoire to retire.

Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2008, 07:14:14 PM »

Jay Inslee will also run, and possibly Frank Chopp as well. And McKenna. Blech.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2008, 07:26:16 PM »

^ Yes, McKenna is more likely to be Washington's next Republican Governor than Rossi. I've felt that way for a while. But I'm fairly certain he would lose against Sonntag. That would be a great way to get rid of McKenna. Smiley

Inslee would be an okay candidate, though I would rather not run candidates from Seattle/Bainbridge when possible... As for Chopp, I hope you're kidding. I kind of doubt the Republicans will ever regain the legislature. At least not for decades. He should just be happing being in control of the House for as long as he wants. Tongue

The Chopp thing I've only heard once, but it was from a pretty good source. Inslee has been planning his ascension for years now though.

Maybe Pam Roach can run again.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2008, 02:42:32 AM »

Kreidler's sort of a weird enigma. I've never met anyone who's ever seen him, and he never has any campaign material.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2008, 03:34:05 AM »

^ Yes, McKenna is more likely to be Washington's next Republican Governor than Rossi. I've felt that way for a while. But I'm fairly certain he would lose against Sonntag. That would be a great way to get rid of McKenna. Smiley

Inslee would be an okay candidate, though I would rather not run candidates from Seattle/Bainbridge when possible... As for Chopp, I hope you're kidding. I kind of doubt the Republicans will ever regain the legislature. At least not for decades. He should just be happing being in control of the House for as long as he wants. Tongue

The Chopp thing I've only heard once, but it was from a pretty good source. Inslee has been planning his ascension for years now though.

Maybe Pam Roach can run again.

LOL at Pam Roach running for Governor.  I would watch just for the sheer entertainment value.  Anyone who touches her roses is in for it!

My fear is that Sonntag/Inslee/Smith/Chopp/Sims et. al. will bloody one another up during the Democratic Gubernatorial Primary as McKenna glides uncontested through the Republican Primary and then to victory in the general.

Even worse than that would be the Democrats bloodying each other up and splitting the vote so badly that McKenna and another relatively sane Republican can both sneak through to the general election.

I suppose on the plus side that would be the end of the Top-Two forever..
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2008, 03:57:21 AM »

Yea, I'm pretty sure the field would clear for McKenna rather quickly as well, but never underestimate the clusterf**ck that is the WSRP.

And Smith isn't going to run for statewide office while there's still a Democratic majority in DC - it's also why he decided not to run for AG or Pierce County Executive this year.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2008, 01:31:38 AM »

Look, dude, you can quote the RCW's until the cows come home, but I'm telling you right now that the way the counties are interpreting the laws is the way I'm describing them. And that's all that really matters.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2008, 01:51:18 AM »

you can quote the RCW's until the cows come home, but I'm telling you right now that the way the counties are interpreting the laws is the way I'm describing them. And that's all that really matters.
It doesn't matter whether the counties interpret ballots in a manner that is consistent between counties and complies with the law?

It doesn't matter for practical purposes of the discussion we were having. Maybe they should do it a certain way, but that wasn't my point. My point is that they're doing it the way that I've described, so what they should be doing isn't significant to analyzing what is actually happening.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2008, 01:02:01 AM »

http://www.king5.com/news/specials/politics/stories/NW_092308POB_rossi_republican_label_lawsuit_TP.a6d625f6.html

Idiots
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2008, 01:28:46 AM »

I just saw that on KIRO - great ad. Ditching her '06 ad people for this new team was a great decision.

In other news, Sutherland forgot to show up to a debate with Goldmark and the Democrats' lawsuit was laughed out of court.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2008, 03:36:49 AM »

and the Democrats' lawsuit was laughed out of court.

I really feel bad for all of the local Dem officials who had to pretend that wasn't the bullsh**ttiest bullsh**t in the history of bullsh**t.

Fortunately for us, the Average Joe seemed to be under the impression that there was at least some sort of legal basis for it (why else would it have been filed, right? They wouldn't just file something without any facts to back it up!)

The underlying goal, however, was to get the general public more aware that GOP=Republican, so they kind of succeeded in that sense. It didn't really get that much coverage though, what with the crazy national events going on.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2008, 08:17:04 PM »

SUSA polls the SPI and AG races:

Dorn: 40%
Bergeson: 35%
Other: 7% (WTF?)
Undecided: 18%

McKenna: 53%
Ladenburg: 39%
Undecided: 8%

I'm surprised to see Dorn doing so well, but I'm also skeptical of the poll's accuracy...
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2008, 06:51:20 PM »

Gregoire actually had a good ad on the radio today! Smiley

Was it the one about Rossi praying for Bush's economic plan?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2008, 09:12:33 PM »

Hopefully she can capitalize on the BIAW stuff that came out today. I'm not holding my breath though.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2008, 06:01:53 PM »

How many votes were there in Latah?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2008, 02:44:11 AM »

I can assure you that everything you're saying is 100% correct in regards to targeting and advertising. You alone easily possess more knowledge in this regard than the entire Gregoire campaign combined.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2008, 01:18:37 AM »

Gregoire never actually, um, what's the word... did that. The State Party put up a movie attacking Rossi's connections to the BIAW which vaguely parodied The Sopranos.

Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2008, 11:59:27 AM »

My main concern about Rossi getting elected is fairly esoteric. The Democratic Governor streak since Booth Gardner has helped create one of the best state governments in the country. The same sort of people have been holding administrative and bureaucratic posts since the mid-1980's, so they've become very good at it. Governing magazine ranked our state government as one of the three best in the nation (along with Virginia and Utah).

If Rossi gets elected though, he's promised to cut 40% of state employees, and then the rest will get replaced in the typical party-changing fashion that both sides do when they come to power. Why anyone would want to do that to a state government that works so well is mind-boggling to me.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2008, 07:18:08 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2008, 07:23:01 PM by PPTE Meeker »

There are really only two competitive State Senate races. Carrell (R) is locked in a tight re-election battle as always, and Rasmussen (D) is facing an aggressive challenger (and on top of that no one really like Rasmussen). Republicans would like to think they can take out Kastama (D) and Haugen (D), but they're not in any real trouble. Weird things might happen in the 40th (Open D). Democrats should be able to retain it though.

There's a number of competitive contests for the State House. Anderson (R) is locked in a surprisingly tough fight (maybe he should stop the hanky panky with Sen. Pflug - oops, did I say that?) Other Republicans who might be in trouble are Ahern and the open seats in the 17th and the 25th. Maybe the two in the 10th as well, but probably not. Democrats need to be concerned about Barlow, Loomis, Goodman, Simpson and the open seat in the 26th and possibly the ones in the 35th and 41st.

So overall I'd give the Senate a net change of +0 to both sides, but if anything were to happen it would be D +1 (Carrell). In the House it's probably going to be a Republican net gain of one or two. But a lot will depend on how influential Obama is with down-ticket races.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2008, 08:36:43 PM »

My state legislators are f**king each other? How do you know?

Open secret down in Olympia. And the 5th District Republican Party.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2008, 09:08:56 PM »

do you know how long they've been at it? Anderson is married... Pflug was until recently (is this what ended it?).

Yup.

Started sometime in the last two years is my understanding. DeBolt is also messing around with committee staff.

Also, if anyone was curious, Gregoire is sick.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2008, 09:31:42 PM »

do you know how long they've been at it? Anderson is married... Pflug was until recently (is this what ended it?).

Yup.

Started sometime in the last two years is my understanding. DeBolt is also messing around with committee staff.

Also, if anyone was curious, Gregoire is sick.

Is there a reason Democrats never choose to pursue these things? They knew what West was up to, left it alone, and he ended up as a disaster for Spokane.

Because there are also several Democrats who haven't exactly kept their pants on.

We hide their scandals, they hide ours.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies