Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:05:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 500519 times)
agcatter
YaBB God

« on: July 13, 2008, 08:40:38 AM »

My guess ia that he is taking a definite hit among his base for his "move to the center", bogus as it is.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 10:33:41 AM »

Statistical noise or not, it is mid July.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 08:59:00 AM »

Looks like Obama has piled up his national lead in the blue states of California, NY, Illinois, Minn, Washington, and Connecticut if the state polls are to be believed.  McCain must be leading somewhere.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 11:27:02 AM »

No way.  Didn't you get the memo?  Georgia and Indiana are toss ups.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 03:23:06 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2008, 03:26:02 PM by agcatter »

I just read in USA Today this morning that Obama expects to have a shot in South Carolina and Georgia - "and that they are looking at Tennessee and Alabama".

If this is all true, and the blue states are the blowouts that the polls are telling us they are, that begs the question - how is McCain tied or within the margin of error in the national tracking numbers in both Gallup and Rasmussen?  Especially when you throw in the supposed closeness of Indiana, Montana, the Dakotas and Obama double digit leads in purple states like Iowa and Wisconsin.  Add in a healthy Quinnipiac lead for Obama in the populous state of Florida.

I'm just saying it doesn't add up.  Someone help me here.

Is McCain up 30 in Texas?  Nope.  I'm hearing just 7 or 8 according to Rasmussen and not the 23 Bush beat Kerry by.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 10:07:26 PM »

I guess I want Rasmussen's state polls to be at least somewhat reflective of his national number.  It aint currently happening.  Might be impossible with the whacky summer polling.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 10:26:05 AM »

It's early August.

The fact that Obama is only at 47% favorable amongst indies isn't good.  Especially interesting in light of all the tongue baths he has gotten from the MSM.

Again though, it's only August.  People aren't tuned in yet and won't be until after the conventions.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies